New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windower "Downloading Data"
Windower "Downloading Data"
By Sykotik7S 2013-06-25 21:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

First off, let me begin by apologizing if this issue/question has been asked before. I've searched using Google to see what I can find and I cant seem to find an answer. My issue is when I attempt to log-in to my second character with Windower, it'll get to the character select screen, but I get stuck on "Downloading Data" screen when the character is first being booted. I've been able to log-in just fine up until today. I can log-in to the character just fine on my Xbox just fine. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
 Shiva.Socrates
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: socratess
By Shiva.Socrates 2013-06-25 21:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the addon "infobar" has been known to cause the game to lock up. do you use that one?
By Sykotik7S 2013-06-25 21:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I do, actually. However, Ive been using infobar before and it was working just fine. I'll try disabling it and try it again.
 Shiva.Socrates
Server: Shiva
user: socratess
By Shiva.Socrates 2013-06-25 21:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If that doesnt work try running a file check. and for me, infobar was working fine until one day it started acting up. it would work every now and then
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-06-25 22:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i can second the issues with inforbar suddenly i couldn't get into the game until i disable infobar. now i just enable it manually in the game when i need it
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-06-25 23:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been known to happen entirely without Windower sometimes. It's a rare occasion, but nothing helps except for waiting it out. Sometimes it takes minutes, sometimes it takes hours. The symptoms are that you can't log into a zone from a certain machine. What works is logging in from anther machine (or asking a friend to do it) and move that char out of that particular zone, then you should be able to log in normally again.

Unless this is a freakishly similar bug, Infobar should not be the culprit. A sign is that usually you can still log into your mules (if they are in different zones).