Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Send addon error - attempt to index global _addon
Send addon error - attempt to index global _addon
By stayingalive 2013-06-19 14:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This was working this morning, but relaunching automatically updates and it breaks, again, for the 50th time.

I really appreciate the effort of devs to work on these fantastic tools, but is there really no way for me to opt-out of updates? I don't want it auto-downloading new builds of addons since there seems to be no QA process to make sure things work before it gets pushed to every windower user. I can't count the number of times Send specifically just breaks, then works again later in the day since someone updates it.

Again, not mad people are updating their tools, that's awesome! I'm frustrated that I want to play and can't box properly until it gets fixed, but I didn't chose to update in the first place, it was working just perfectly 2 hours ago.
By stayingalive 2013-06-19 14:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

And now it's working perfectly from an update from Byrth, +_addon = {}

But the question stands,how can I disable auto-update?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-19 14:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing happening to me. While I myself would like a way to roll back for issues, the windower dev team basically said it's too much trouble and the main advantage for troubleshooting is that everyone is on the same version so it eliminates a lot of potential issues.

Sure, it sucks when it goes down but updates are fast and we get fixes incredibly quickly compared to the past. So if my choice is between manual updates and being able to roll back or the auto way, I'll pick the lazy version and if something breaks to the point that I can't play for a few hours, I just won't play for a few hours.

In a word, you can't and most likely they won't be supporting turning it off.