Forum » FFXI » NMs » ADL using GEO and/or RUN
ADL using GEO and/or RUN
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-06-14 11:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been doing ADLs for quite a while now and our original setup/strategy is fine. I'm just curious to see if there are groups who actually use GEO or RUN to ADL runs. How successful have you been (if you have been)? etc...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-14 11:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

neither job really seems to lend itself to the fight, geo seems created exclusively for delve and run is garbage
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-06-14 11:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Right. But I'm sure for the sake of boredom, I see people trying new methods for older content.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-14 12:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Right. But I'm sure for the sake of boredom, I see people trying new methods for older content.

Can't see how a GEO couldn't hurt adds attack up to party and defense dwn to the mob unless attk capped. But if adl could be low manned before by a party of mnks before delve weapons can't image how fast it eat dirt now..
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-14 13:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Content is too low of a lvl for a GEO and lolRUN.
 Bahamut.Vaashe
Server: Bahamut
user: Vaashe
By Bahamut.Vaashe 2013-06-14 13:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just returning to the game and I've been trying to figure out what the f*ck is the main purpose of RUN? Is it a tank because of all these magic defense abilities or is it a Great Sword DD?

Either or...we already have Aegis PLD and DRK....So this job seems pointless to me
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-14 14:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vaashe said: »
I'm just returning to the game and I've been trying to figure out what the f*ck is the main purpose of RUN? Is it a tank because of all these magic defense abilities or is it a Great Sword DD?

Either or...we already have Aegis PLD and DRK....So this job seems pointless to me
It's a NIN being a wannabe PLD with a Greatsword obviously

But yeah, with everything else around, RUN practically is a pointless job. I shouldn't be surprised they fell flat on creating a new tank job :|
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-06-14 14:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are not giving up a DD slot could RUN get resists high enough to block terror? Or maybe reduce the duration to where it is not a instawipe.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-14 14:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN doesn't get terror resistance iirc
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-06-14 21:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking stacking darkness element, or whatever the hell element terror is. I think it is petrifys big brother so earth?