Arrapago Remnants II - Armored Chariot

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Arrapago Remnants II - Armored Chariot
Arrapago Remnants II - Armored Chariot
 Valefor.Megatron
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Megatron 2013-06-05 09:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if the Armored Chariot on the 6th floor of Arrapago Remnants II, the one that is linked to the Khimaira spawning from the Archaic Rampart's Reinforcements ability, has to be defeated in under 3 minutes of zoning into the 6th floor, or is it from the moment you engage the chariot? Thank you in advance for any info.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-06-05 09:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's from the moment you engage it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-05 09:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-05 09:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

More importantly I want to know what your avatar is off obviously its transformers but which?
[+]
 Valefor.Megatron
By Valefor.Megatron 2013-06-05 12:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the replies!

Odin.Creaucent said: »
More importantly I want to know what your avatar is off obviously its transformers but which?

It's Megatron from the Beast Wars/Beast Machines era transforming from dragon mode to robot mode.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-05 12:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Best Beast Wars Transformer ^
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-05 12:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought it probably would have been I think they stopped showing beast wars shortly after they found the ark over here if its before that then I guess I missed it..... to youtube when I finish work!!
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-05 12:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually think its from a new transformer series not the original Beast Wars. I could be wrong but I remember seeing a trailer at the theater for an online game or something that involved some dragon transformer.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-05 12:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed beast wars a lot more than I did the other transformer series they should make the next transformers movie with beasts instead of vehicles if there is another. Optimus primal ftw lol.
 Valefor.Megatron
By Valefor.Megatron 2013-06-05 13:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
I actually think its from a new transformer series not the original Beast Wars. I could be wrong but I remember seeing a trailer at the theater for an online game or something that involved some dragon transformer.

The avatar is from Beast Machines series if I remember correctly. I've had that avatar since the late 90s. Beast Machines wasn't nearly as good as the 3 seasons of Beast Wars (the ending to Beast Machines was especially terrible) but at least this avatar was something good that came out of that series! lol

The latest series "Transformers Prime" has a big dragon in it, which is from a group they call Predacons and that dragon is named Predaking, and is one of the main nemesis factors in the third season. That series is really good in my opinion, probably the best series they have done since the Beast Wars.

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Thought it probably would have been I think they stopped showing beast wars shortly after they found the ark over here if its before that then I guess I missed it..... to youtube when I finish work!!

Right after they located the Ark and return to Cybertron is when the Beast Machines takes place. It ran for 2 seasons. In all it's worth checking out if you're into Transformers. I think all the episodes can be viewed in full on Youtube.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-05 13:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My biggest problem with Machines is them constantly failing and having trouble transforming.
 Valefor.Megatron
By Valefor.Megatron 2013-06-05 17:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
My biggest problem with Machines is them constantly failing and having trouble transforming.

Yes same here. Also the fact that they pushed that Cybertron (like the Matrix and Oracle entities), and thus the Maximals, wanted everything to return to a beginning of biotic and technological combination of beings and land was really awful. I really wasn't on board with that.

As far as the history goes, Cybertron and the Transformers were created by the Quintessons. Beast Wars and Beast Machines were a continuation of the series from the 80s & 90s, and often referenced those series when talking about their past civilization. So before the Transformers revolted and took over the planet, there may have been more biotic life forms on Cybertron due to the Quintessons being there. Which was what they were trying to base it from I guess.

But the fact that the Transformers would want to become a biotic being and that their Matrix wanted the same thing didn't sit well with a lot of the fans. They kinda ruined what was so great in terms of what they accomplished with the Beast Wars by having a lack luster ending to that great series. Good ol fanboy rage! lol
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2013-06-05 17:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »

This is incorrect. It is 3 minutes from the time it aggros.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [333 days between previous and next post]
 Cua
By Cua 2014-05-04 12:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a smn take out armored chariot with astral conduit in under 3 minutes? Anyone know?
 Asura.Estrathio
Server: Asura
By Asura.Estrathio 2014-05-04 13:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do it with mine without AC, but I have Nirvana and use am3.
 Cua
By Cua 2014-05-04 13:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I used an eminent pole. I'm working towards the beloved Nirvana. What's am3?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-05-04 13:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cua said: »
I used an eminent pole. I'm working towards the beloved Nirvana. What's am3?
Aftermath level 3. after you use a relic, mythic or emp WS, you gain an aftermath effect, depending on which weapon you use. Nirvanas is show at Occasionally Attacks twice or thrice (40%/20%) . this counts for that avatar as well
 Asura.Estrathio
Server: Asura
By Asura.Estrathio 2014-05-04 14:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have no problem with eminent satchet with AC up Id use a physical BP > magic tho.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-04 15:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Avatar BPs go, I would use Ifrit's Flaming Crush ability non-stop with Astral Conduit
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-05-04 15:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I also have Nirvana but I can also beat it under 2 min with Ifrit's Flaming crush and without Aftermath.

But what I do is come /RDM and I have a SMN nuke set. Stone 1 does about 700-800 damage to the chariot.

Hell my fastest time beating AR2 on SMN is sub 22 mins. That doing all cell unlocks and only fully clearing Floor 6 and then Mega Boss on Floor 7
 Cua
By Cua 2014-05-04 16:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies. I'll be trying Ifrit this evening without Astral Conduit at first.
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2014-05-04 17:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Any other job able to beat the 3 minute mark?
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-05-04 17:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC can do it easily. I build up 5 Finishing Moves on an Archaic Chariot and get as much TP as I can before I engage. When I do, I hit him with Wild Flourish -> Exenterator (Scission), then build back to 100% TP (in about 5-6 sec), and Climactic -> Rudra's Storm. Just repeat this, throwing in Wild Flourish before each Exenterator as the timer is up, and I have no issues with him.
 Caitsith.Crunch
Server: Caitsith
user: CrumbD
By Caitsith.Crunch 2014-05-04 18:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it on mnk very easily, bst using lv119 axe with pig pet, fairly nq nin using new 1hr ability. Don't think i've ever failed to kill under 3 mins with any of those jobs.
 Siren.Froggis
Server: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2014-05-04 18:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

COR/dnc can full farm solo ARII with time to spare (been doing it since the solo change). In fact, I did it with only 1 bullet once, thus not using last stand at all but exenterator. However, I had to skip the lamia NM to have enough time for the gears. Even without last stand, chariot took only 2 minutes. I don't have 119 melee weapons, only eminent sword and aphotic kukri. (Why COR/dnc? because if you are going to do a boring activity in the game, might as well be on a job you enjoy).

I told a friend about this and she now successfully does ARII on BRD/dnc with shark dagger and delve II dagger. So I would say, with the right gear/skill/strategy/sense, nearly any job can solo ARII.
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2014-05-04 20:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As pup I usually kill around a little bit after 2 min. marker or sometimes closer to :30~45.
 Cua
By Cua 2014-05-05 13:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nailed it with Ifrit. I did two back to back and came out with about 100 alexandrites each time. I didnt have the patience to kill the stingy nms, but I may moving forward.