Link | Quote | Reply

wonderful, i hope it helps
 Bahamut.Voevode
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: voevode
By Bahamut.Voevode 2013-06-27 20:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a scholar 1 houring at the start of the fight (or at any time during) that would be a reasonable time to ask for klimaform and windstorm, however assuming two sch stun rotation, it would be very risky to take that extra time, so it would depend on the situation. If you happen to have 3 Scholars then I think it would be reasonable to expect it, since in a high accuracy set with marches and haste we were getting 13 seconds recast on stubs without using alacrity, meaning our stratagems were only being used for "just in case" situations.

Jassik, a couple suggestions I would make for the set (silence in mind, it looks very good for gravity) would be some pieces that would maximize mnd enfeeble accuracy, since silence is based on mnd and gravity off of int. Bokwus Slops at rank 1 will have 16 Macc which will be better than what you are currently using and a very easy upgrade. As well as orvail boots which will be slightly higher accuracy than bokwus boots until they are rank 5 at least. For your 2nd ring, Omega Ring from einherjar is a very decent amount of Macc for mnd based enfeebles. Make sure your brds are putting wind threnody on tojil as well, it will make a difference.

I've been hearing from some people that using the corresponding obi with Chatoyant staff will increase magic accuracy to that comparable of (or greater than) the magic accuracy staves due to the iridescence effect. Has there been testing on this? I'm having trouble finding it, and it would be nice to know!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-27 20:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

the legs need to go, i fully agree. i dragged my rdm out of retirementbecause it was needed, so I've been getting caught up, so to speak.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2013-06-27 20:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

According to FFXI Wiki, there isn't a magic accuracy bonus from Obi's latent affect.

One question though, according to FFXI Wiki Affinity +6 gives 70 m.acc whereas BG Wiki claims +6 is only 35 m.acc. I believe the latter is incorrect but if someone could confirm this, that would be great.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-27 21:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that the first "affinity" was higher than the additional ones.
 Bahamut.Voevode
By Bahamut.Voevode 2013-06-27 21:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware that there is no magic accuracy as a part of weather/day bonuses, however what people say is that the "Iridescence" effect gives magic accuracy. And that is a very good question about affinity, I would say 70 makes sense, but I've learned to never trust my instincts in ffxi.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-28 09:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Voevode said: »
I'm aware that there is no magic accuracy as a part of weather/day bonuses, however what people say is that the "Iridescence" effect gives magic accuracy. And that is a very good question about affinity, I would say 70 makes sense, but I've learned to never trust my instincts in ffxi.

The way I always understood it from the day/weather bonus was that it was say a 10% chance for 10% damage as a baseline. The latent on the Obi's made it a 100% chance. I don't know if day/weather has any real impact on accuracy, but I have heard it from numerous people.

If any part of the Irridescence or macc stuff needs to be tested, I'm happy to do the work, I just have no idea how to even go about it.
 Bahamut.Ascadia
user: Ascadia
By Bahamut.Ascadia 2013-06-28 10:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The Magic Affinity page on BG Wiki is incorrect; the site's Chatoyant Staff page follows Clopedia's chart.

As far as Irridescence, all either wiki says is that accuracy "may be improved" with a verification tag attached. I've personally experienced superior results with /geo (Indi-Focus) as opposed to /sch and storm spells + Klimaform, but that's eyeballing, circumstantial, etc. We still don't even know how much accuracy either of those spells add.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-06 18:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

you can make a case for ice and earth, but wind and dark are probably the most helpful
 Asura.Voevode
Server: Asura
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-06 23:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Duelist's +2 and Fea's Coronal both have more macc than Nahtirah for mnd, Fea's has more for both mnd and int. Other than that, this is the exact set I have in my item sets for ideal, and have posted on another thread.

Edit: Also have a potency set in my item sets, which is purely stacking on mnd.

It's more effective to have potency and pure accuracy sets for spells that aren't effected (rather than acc) by mnd/int. In my rdm spellcast, I have an accuracy group though, that if I do have a hard time landing a potency based enfeeble, I'll swap to that in order to land it, which at that point is more important than the raw potency of it (keeping in af3+2 body ofc).
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-07 00:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Voevode said: »
Duelist's +2 and Fea's Coronal both have more macc than Nahtirah for mnd, Fea's has more for both mnd and int. Other than that, this is the exact set I have in my item sets for ideal, and have posted on another thread.

Edit: Also have a potency set in my item sets, which is purely stacking on mnd.

It's more effective to have potency and pure accuracy sets for spells that aren't effected (rather than acc) by mnd/int. In my rdm spellcast, I have an accuracy group though, that if I do have a hard time landing a potency based enfeeble, I'll swap to that in order to land it, which at that point is more important than the raw potency of it (keeping in af3+2 body ofc).

Actually, Magic Accuracy-wise Fea's Coronal and Nahtirah Hat are right about on par. Nahtirah Hat has 20 Magic Accuracy and Fea's Coronal is 20.5. Duelist's Chapeau is 16.2 M Acc for black magic, and 18.7 for white magic, assuming 1 Enfeebling Magic skill = .9 Magic Accuracy.

If you go by 1 Enfeebling Magic skill = 1 magic accuracy, than Nahtirah is still 20 M Acc, Fea's is 21.5, and Duelist's Chapeau +2 is 18 M acc for black magic and 20.5 for white magic.

Overall not enough of an increase for me to look into unless absolutely needed. Atm I'm looking for a multi-purpose enfeebling set than I can use to enfeeble everything in Delve w/o destroying my inventory as I'm already forced to leave items behind.

My resist rate on 1-5 NM's is fine, I can land practically everything. Only on megabosses to I still see a few resists. But hoping this set should clean up most of those nicely once I get the last few pieces. Biggest items are the two Bokwus, which shouldn't be too hard. Nahtirah and Sangoma I still need as well, but both of those are smaller upgrades.
 Asura.Voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-07 00:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when are we assuming 1 enfeebling skill = 0.9 macc?

Edit: And you should have Duelist's +2 already for your idle set so it's nothing different than what you'd have anyway.
 Odin.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2013-07-07 00:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: way too drunk. Been using Wakmidget's set besides Aureole. It's given me a pretty flawless RDM setup in Delve on lower tier NMs and Mega bosses.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-07 01:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when are we assuming 1 enfeebling skill = 0.9 macc?

Atm I've heard it both ways, and .9 Magic Accuracy does seem to to fit with the way other skills work. If you notice I posted the Magic Accuracy for both 1 skill =.9 M Acc and 1 skill = 1 M acc, and it was still a minimal increase while Nahtirah allows me to keep up a steady MND for Para/Slow in the same set.

Edit: And you should have Duelist's +2 already for your idle set so it's nothing different than what you'd have anyway.

Yes, you're right. And I do, but Nahtirah, even assuming 1 skill = 1 M acc is also on par with Duelist's Chapeau for Magic Accuracy, (for white magic and slightly under for black magic), and allows me and extra 10 MND for potency at the same time, whic is a pretty decent MND boost for 1 slot.

Nahtirah hat is also the 1 piece with the least priority for me atm, as I use Hyaline Hat for the same purpose, and I cure is Hyaline Hat as well, since it's an important piece to my cure set which is perfectly balanced atm at 50 Cure potency/80 Cure Cast/-50 Enmity.

I do not use spellcast on RDM as I barely have room to play it with scripts. And honestly with the crap lag that comes out of Delve, probably makes scripts preferable anyway. I play much more comfortably with scripts.

If I got the last 4 pieces I need for this set, my Magic Accuracy would rise by about 35~ or so. The majority of that being in the Rank 15 Bokwus Feet/Legs.

Mega bosses are getting enfeebled with a decent rate atm, but still getting a few resists here and there. If I'm still getting resists after I complete this set, I can look into further upgrades, but atm this should work for now. I do believe this should take care of most of it, though. From what I see on resist rates atm.
 Asura.Voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-07 01:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No doubt that is definitely a good set. However, ideal would be a little different to maximize Magic Accuracy. And I would like to see testing to show that 1 enfeebling skill = 0.9 macc. The last I saw was somebody posting in another thread asking if it was the same as combat skills, with no proof. If there is testing to verify that, then that will be my new assumption with magic accuracy. Until then, 1 enfeebling skill = 1 macc since that has testing done.

Edit: Looks like a misunderstanding of what type of set that is. For Paralyze and Slow and such that's potency is affected by the stat, this set is a good accuracy set. For Silence, Gravity, and others that aren't, ideally maximized accuracy would be different.
 Ragnarok.Jhan
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jhan
By Ragnarok.Jhan 2013-07-17 13:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

1. I'm assuming that Tamaxchi

replaces ToM m.acc staves now unless the -14% recast is critical.

Arka IV also looks trumped. What's the ideal cure set-up now including Tamaxchi? Are there any shields that give healing skill or a big MND boost? I'm assuming that the Delve version will further bump the cure potency, making MND/skill that much more important.

2. Is Soothsayer staff a viable alternative to magic damage ToM staves? Fully upgraded, it yields +65 MAB, +20 INT, with +15 m.acc thrown in. The +6 affinity on ToM gives +35% damage. According to BG, we would need quite a bit of native MAB to tie the ToM staves, if we use Soothsayer.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-17 13:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Genbu's shield augments make it really the only shield worth considering
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-07-17 16:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Genbu has ~5% Cure Potency & ~5 Magic Accuracy for augments, which makes it the best for Cures & Enfeebling I am sure. So far as the staffs go, I think Soothsayer is the best if capped out since INT does so much more now, I could be wrong, but its either a close runner up, or its the best.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-17 17:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Tamaxchi is a godsend for enfeebles, must have. I reworked my Enfeebling set after I picked it from the library prize.

ItemSet 308126

Legs and Feet are Rank 15 Magic Accuracy path, the set atm is pretty well balanced for all enfeebles. White/Black/Para/Slow. I still use Xsaeta II/Mephitis Grip for Dispel/Sleeps, the recast is invaluable for those spells.

For all enfeebles minus Dispel/Sleeps this is stats:

+91 MND
+77 INT
+7 Enfeebling Magic
+210 Magic Accuracy

+261 magic accuracy for white magic spells and +254.8 for black magic spells assuming 1 Enfeebling magic = .9 M Acc

+262.5 magic accuracy for white magic spells and +255.5 Magic Accuracy for black magic spells assuming 1 Enfeebling Magic = 1 magic accuracy.

For Dispel/sleeps:

+72 INT
+12 Enfeebling Magic
+125 Magic Accuracy
Xsaeta II- Magic Accuracy +6(assuming +70 M Acc?)

+241.8 magic accuracy for Dispel/Sleeps assuming Xsaeta II is +70~ magic accuracy and 1 skill = .9 magic accuracy.

+243 magic accuracy for Dispel/Sleeps assuming Xsaeta II is +70~ magic accuracy and 1 skill = 1 magic accuracy.

With a GEO present using the Magian Affinity staff is more than enough to land Dispel reliably on megabosses/Kurma. Hoping this makes a noticeable difference in my resist rate on megabosses though. Silence is easy enough on Tojil, but some of the other are kind of iffy before. Daquwaqa can be a *** with Silence sometimes too.

Optimally, I would like to get a Buremte hat for this set and maybe a Rank 15 Magic Accuracy Bokwus Gloves(same magic accuracy as Yaoyotl Gloves but adds 4 more MND/INT for Paralyze II/Slow II/Blind II.

RDM Empyrean hands do have a little bit more magic accuracy than Yaoyotl/Bokwus (about 3-5 depending on white/blackmagic) but if I don't need the magic accuracy the latter should be better for Paralyze II/Slow II/Blind II. And my inventory would love me dearly.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-17 17:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Staff should really be considered ~80 MACC because Mephitis grip is 9.5-10 MACC by itself, and nobody should be using a staff without a grip.

And just to be clear, while Genbu's Shield CAN get cure potency and magic accuracy +5, getting them both is extremely rare, so the club isn't really the new full-time main for RDM, but it is competitive with or slightly better than MOST alternatives for just about every use aside from HMP and nuking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-17 17:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Staff should really be considered ~80 MACC because Mephitis grip is 9.5-10 MACC by itself, and nobody should be using a staff without a grip.

And just to be clear, while Genbu's Shield CAN get cure potency and magic accuracy +5, getting them both is extremely rare, so the club isn't really the new full-time main for RDM, but it is competitive with or slightly better than MOST alternatives for just about every use aside from HMP and nuking.

To be fair, I was using Chatoyant Staff before I got the club, for all but Dispel/Sleep. And the sheld in the item set isn't Genbu's. It's a Matamata Shield +1.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-17 17:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Staff should really be considered ~80 MACC because Mephitis grip is 9.5-10 MACC by itself, and nobody should be using a staff without a grip. And just to be clear, while Genbu's Shield CAN get cure potency and magic accuracy +5, getting them both is extremely rare, so the club isn't really the new full-time main for RDM, but it is competitive with or slightly better than MOST alternatives for just about every use aside from HMP and nuking.
To be fair, I was using Chatoyant Staff before I got the club, for all but Dispel/Sleep. And the sheld in the item set isn't Genbu's. It's a Matamata Shield +1.

It's most definately an upgrade over elemental staves, but its far less of an upgrade over ToM Macc staves.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-17 17:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Staff should really be considered ~80 MACC because Mephitis grip is 9.5-10 MACC by itself, and nobody should be using a staff without a grip. And just to be clear, while Genbu's Shield CAN get cure potency and magic accuracy +5, getting them both is extremely rare, so the club isn't really the new full-time main for RDM, but it is competitive with or slightly better than MOST alternatives for just about every use aside from HMP and nuking.

It's most definately an upgrade over elemental staves, but its far less of an upgrade over ToM Macc staves.

Yeah, I looked at the numbers, Even if you assume the Magian Accuracy Affinity staves are 80~ magic accuracy, it's still have upgrade even if it's less than 10 magic accuracy, so it's compareable to the accuracy staves and is 1 inventory slot vs 3-8, making it much better in the long run. Why bust *** making every single accuracy affinity staff for 10-15 less accuracy when you can just get Tamaxchi?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-17 18:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason I'm using Xsaeta II over Tamaxchi for Dispel/Sleeps isn't for the magic accuracy, if that was the case I would just use Tamaxchi for them too. It's for the recast so I can use the spells more often.

The recast reduction on Xsaeta II is extremely handy for chaining Dispel, examples are when Kurma decides to spam Harden Shell back to back to back to back or if Baolithic Shell(5 buffs)/Blistering Roar(2 buffs) from Tojil don't get stunned, you wanna be able to Dispel everything ASAP.

Dark and Thunder are really the only accuracy staves where the recast reduction is make or break. The others are nice to have, but really not necessary. And Thunder accuracy isn't even really applicable to this set.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-17 18:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, recast is becoming something of an issue even for RDM with all the Macc you have to stack, you miss out on a lot of fastcast in those slots.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-07-17 19:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

5 seconds instead of 6 seconds.

Yeah, that's worth the massive macc loss.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-17 19:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
5 seconds instead of 6 seconds. Yeah, that's worth the massive macc loss.

When the accuracy loss is less than 10 and unneeded, its relevant.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-17 19:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
5 seconds instead of 6 seconds.

Yeah, that's worth the massive macc loss.

My Dispel recast is more like 3-4 seconds with the Magian Staff. And my resist rate on Dispel is not really an issue, it's more some of the other random debuffs.

And it's only like about 10-15~ M acc difference.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-18 09:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, just in case you didn't realize since you made the statement about the Magian Accuracy staves being 80~ M acc, but the numbers I originally posted below, I was actually including Mephitis Grip in the Enfeebling/Magic Accuracy totals. I only split Xsaeta II from the magic accuracy total before the grand total since it
s more of a "guesstimate".

The grand totals at the bottom are everything included: Xsaeta II + all other gear(including Mephitis Grip).

So it's more of like 20~ M acc difference between Tamaxchi alone and Xsaeta II/Mephitis Grip. But as these new upgrades added about roughly 30~ M Acc to my set from what I was using previously, and my Dispel rate was fine before, I'm really not all that worried.

For Dispel/sleeps:

+72 INT
+12 Enfeebling Magic
+125 Magic Accuracy
Xsaeta II- Magic Accuracy +6(assuming +70 M Acc?)

+241.8 magic accuracy for Dispel/Sleeps assuming Xsaeta II is +70~ magic accuracy and 1 skill = .9 magic accuracy.

+243 magic accuracy for Dispel/Sleeps assuming Xsaeta II is +70~ magic accuracy and 1 skill = 1 magic accuracy.