Asura.Xijaah
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-05-10 07:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Siren.Sandraa said: »
The question. Anhi/Youchi Ranger ILV119 - 3. Can be competitive vs a DeathPenalty/Arma Corsair ILV119 3?

I have to say it's not a great question to be honest :( I could be competitive but there's no way to prove it really without accurate spreadsheets or just going out with two people in max gear for it and comparing. They all do different things, take different amounts of time and gil to make, and depending if buffs and the mob and debuffs favor magic or physical damage is going to be a big factor too. Relics are much easier to make and in general, except for niche situations aren't as good.

Yoichi is the most native accuracy in the game on a RNG, because they already have so much accuracy they can get from other sources (Can dualwield daggers for it, rings that give a ton, job traits and so on). Which is amazing, if you need accuracy that your support can't give you or want to show just how much acc ranger can get without support, but practical uses might be pretty limited outside say using a ton of STP gear for 3 hit sets even on harder stuff. Jishnu's is a great WS but Aeonic and Empy bow would beat it out for raw damage and Nama's probably wouldn't be used much.

Annihilator is still the best weapon for enmity control, and with the new pdif caps even with decoy shot you can pull hate pretty easy on RNG still so it remains a valid tool. It's also not bad for last stand, though Jishnu's is overall probably the stronger WS.

Armageddon is a much more expensive weapon than either and a lot more time consuming to make. It features a magical WS that gives less enmity the more TP you have rather than more damage. It does a lot of damage at 1k tp though and the aftermath is good. It should probably win even though in the hands of RNG and full party buff situation vs COR, RNG should win. It gets % boosts to attack from velocity shot, more snapshot and rapidshot, more trueshot, and more accuracy and attack. I don't know that either relic would beat it in the hands of a COR though unless magical WS was just really terrible, but even then Last Stand is AGI based WS. In solo with trust situations, I'd still expect RNG to win pure dps wise, and it should since it has no support capabilities. RNG also gets access to more MAB gear, and better gear choices in general on top of higher stats, gifts and job points more damage focused, and higher tier traits. Wizards Roll and Tact roll or Tact + Misers for spamming can make COR win out in some situations in that regard though.

Mythic you should really compare mythic to. Trueflight and Leaden have same stats. There's a lot more mob families weak to light damage than weak to dark but that's sort of beside the point. Magical WS don't count the damage from MAB in the enmity equation only the base damage, so it could actually pull less hate than Jishnu's despite larger WS numbers. But it comes down to basically all the same stuff I said for Armageddon.

With all that in mind, your question was would Relic RNG beat Empy/Mythic COR though and really, I think the answer is very situational. The mythic WS will have bigger closes as long as the mob doesn't have dark resistance and if buffs aren't favoring physical a ton more than magical. They don't really work together well though, because magical ws take an entire different set of buffs than physical WS. Part of the problem with these mythics is a need to hit the target, do good white damage, and then have buffs for big magical WS and you run out of support to do all that on very hard stuff so something has to go. You have to hit the mob and you have to have big WS... so attack/def would be last thing to worry about. So in those sort of situations you wouldn't be doing very big number physical WS at all. And if you go the other way, and start replacing the geo-malaise with geo-frailty you'll have a situation where the magical WS is underpowered. With RNG there's a lot more acc available so it isn't as big an issue unless you really need/want that 3 hit build or something.

Asura.Xijaah said: »
But in order to do all those things, you need a cor's buffs.
Well, I wouldn't say you need COR's buffs specifically, you can cap pdif without chaos roll, though chaos roll is nice. You can also do 3 hit sets without sam roll, and you can cap snapshot without any outside help now, even without flurry once you have enough job points. Anyway, you're right to do a lot of those things COR rolls are great to have, and I have 2100 JP COR so I know they're great and think COR is a great job, but you can do those things without COR rolls, probably need GEO though.

3hit is pretty much required to be relevant on rng, and i mean ws+2hits. In order to do that you need tons of stp, in the ranges of 90ish if you're using relic head, which lacks accuracy, hence you need it elsewhere (might be yoichi but obviously not the only choice). The only way you can get that much stp without subbing sam (which is a bad choice, we all agree it is) is by getting samurai roll, and an eiher lucky or 8+ roll. I agree rng is a very accurate job, and the somewhat attack starvation can be made up by using af3 body and ambuscade mantle, which account for over 100-130 atk alone. Also, do not underestimate the true shot contribution, which is a luxury melees dont have. Chaos roll might not be needed but it's the next obvious choice after samurai roll, since you need atk anyway and you should always have a cor with you. Also guys, this whole batman vs superman is kind of lame... Such high end players (and i dont mean any pun) like you should know better.
By Verda 2016-05-10 11:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I wrote up a reply but decided to not post it and deleted it because I agree, it is lame and arguing is not worth anyones time especially since without good spreadsheets or having both in party geared to the max it's pretty much impossible to do anything but have opinions. I still think RNG should do more DPS with mythic than COR, in both senses of the word should but not worth arguing over. I also think understanding the pros and cons of Rangers gear choices is important, especially since we have more than most. I realize it's a bit much to expect people to not argue over it, we have more choices than most and even just empy vs mythic vs relic for one weapon type spawned several bitter arguments already on the forums between people for other jobs, and it's something which I have no desire to be in the middle of. I just hope we can in some way outline pros and cons of weapon choices for people that ask because people will ask, I hope that my post was useful toward that end, thank you.
[+]
By geigei 2016-05-11 08:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

*** SpreadSheets seriously...
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-05-11 08:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xijaah said: »
this whole batman vs superman is kind of lame.
Well Verda and Afania

I Value a lot the deeply information both of us gave to me.

Everyone auto asume we can complete a Mythic or Relic weapon super easy. I have limited time to play and get money for a single relic its a total challenge to me. I need know in what job i should spent my hard work of 2 - 3 months.

I Know in the present Corsair its the star of the show, i find corsair pretty interesing the gear its really cute, the support job its always a plus and i know gearing Corsair its a Safe bet.

The only reason for i dont want Gear Cosair its my friends and party Never will allow me go DRK, WAR or RNG if i pick this job.

This are the set up of my Static. in Mele - Not Friendly Mele Fights

Fights can be Done with Melee.

SAM, WAR, DRK, SMN, X2COR and WHM. Aiming to Light Skill Chains, set UP

Fights not friendly for Melee.

PLD, RDM, X2 Corsair, SMN, WHM. and me in the Dilema RNG or COR. One of our COR have a RNG Relic gun too. We are aiming to WildFire Spam and Darkness SC set up. or X2 RNG Relic gun + COR

We will try with this sets ups in the future and see what we can do In Unity, Escha Clears. We will not jump into BANDWAGONS Jobs for the Sake of Win, we are mostly Casuals - Midcore but good players know our ***in our jobs.

I Find sad COR buffs can't be stacked i dont even know what buffs we will use x3 Corsairs Lol.

The batman vs Spiderman ***its good, cuz im sure NOT only me its reading this forum and we are curios to see Top COR Afania vs TOP RNG Verda sharing different information. I learned in the last afania - Verda Post most than i should learning puting spreadsheet and see Numbers. They took vital points

Same ***happened in the THF Forum. I Found Verda and Melphina post wonderfull cuz i was stacking Rudra to 200% tp and two Per min. So verda Said we should toss a extra EVI to do more damage, ***like this is what i Value a lot. *** SpreadSheets seriously...

Annihilator is not optimal for wildfire spam. You want alluvion skirmish gun, armageddon, or reisnjima t2 gun. New sup1 gun is better than annihilator too for the sole purpose of spamming wf. Relics and mythics are situational for many jobs, rng is one of them. Also you probably should melee for tp in such a setup.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2016-05-28 14:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So last week I finished Fomalhaut, and thus now I feel like it's time to bring my RNG out of 2009. Problem is, I'm kind of lost, though I might have a good start on gear since I've been keeping up on COR. Is there an updated guide someplace?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-21 02:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone able to list off what JSE is important to have for RNG?

I'm a COR, but thinking of doing RNG for giggles and since I basically have all the gear and I just finished my Armageddon. So any AF/Relic/Empy that's basically necessary? Probably going to just go for Trueflight playstyle and copy my Wildfire set over, but my COR has a solid shooting set as well.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-06-21 16:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Anyone able to list off what JSE is important to have for RNG?

I'm a COR, but thinking of doing RNG for giggles and since I basically have all the gear and I just finished my Armageddon. So any AF/Relic/Empy that's basically necessary? Probably going to just go for Trueflight playstyle and copy my Wildfire set over, but my COR has a solid shooting set as well.

Emp body and relic head reforge are a must for TP. Emp hands and legs provide a solid dose of store tp but acc will suffer, especially using a gun (archery skill on hands). None of the JSE is optimal for trueflight or WF sets. The other pieces are tweaks to be honest, relic hands for barrage, relic legs for Eagle eye, af feet for scavenge, emp hands for bounty shot/treasure hunter
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2016-07-04 22:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

With Skadi coming out this update, figured I'd dust my rng off a bit.
Anyone know what the current best nonRMEA gun/xbow/bow are? Not expecting full sets but any advice would be helpful.
By Verda 2016-07-05 00:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For Gun and Bow look at well augmented Teller and Holliday. nobility, vijaya bow and steinthor are honorable mentions for bows but no ones tried to really parse them or spreadsheet them against one another and because of their stats some favor diff weaponskills than others though for bow Jishnu's is probably your best bet anyway, there isn't really much for honorable mention on guns that are non RME other than Holliday.

Wochowsen is a good xbow for righteous bolts. Atalanta is good for bloody/righteous bolt spam too, and is like the old machine crossbow. You can use trueflight with it against physical resistant enemies to good effect. imati +1 is an extremely good xbow added recently, that is an ilvl version of the old Othinus Bow but again not much testing/spreadsheeting done.

paloma bow +1 is the ilvl version of the old Eurytos Bow, and is notable for the 51 ranged acc and 11 more ranged acc it gets through agi. Most post delve gear for ranger isn't well tested as most the people playing it are ones who invested in or loved the job so most of them have RME at least the active ones I seen post here. Ranger can do excellent damage now though and has more options than ever so I hope you enjoy dusting it off.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2016-07-07 19:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a really hard time finding up to date equipment sets for Ranger. Does anyone have some updated sets?
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2016-07-07 21:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

and is notable for the 51 ranged acc and 11 more ranged acc it gets through agi.

31 of that "acc" is attack, unless that's a typo on the item.
By Verda 2016-07-07 21:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

True, and I can share my lua later if you guys want.
[+]
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2016-07-08 02:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Please do post it Verda, would help a ton for knowing how to gear and what pieces to work on.
 Siren.Blackroses
Server: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-07-08 11:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What are current thoughts about the new skadi set from ambu? U didnt had much time to look at it. CUrrently finishing gastr., and own anni on yoichi.

I am hoping to take out my rng again, would it be only for CP, but im a bit outdated in sets,,, Do people still st with reforged relic hat +1?

I am not noecessarly hoping for a new guide for rng just some though on new set, and geenral advice.

Thanks!
[+]
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Server: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2016-07-08 13:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Blackroses said: »
What are current thoughts about the new skadi set from ambu? U didnt had much time to look at it. CUrrently finishing gastr., and own anni on yoichi.

I am hoping to take out my rng again, would it be only for CP, but im a bit outdated in sets,,, Do people still st with reforged relic hat +1?

I am not noecessarly hoping for a new guide for rng just some though on new set, and geenral advice.

Thanks!
I switched over to Pursuer's Beret for when I don't need the ranged accuracy (although the Marksmanship Skill helps when using a gun). I find the static Store TP+5 means I don't have to hope Recycle procs to maintain a 4-hit.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-07-10 13:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

whip it out already
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-07-10 13:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »

whip it out already
That's what she said.
By Verda 2016-07-10 13:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

K give me a bit to clean it up and I'll post it tonight
By Verda 2016-07-11 01:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2wfk3hr6q9w6y3a/Playername-RNG.zip

Disclaimer, these sets aren't perfect, some not even close to it. Same goes for the lua file itself. In both cases however I hope it is helpful. I'm still exploring and deciding and sometimes even testing the best gear for RNG myself.

Features of it are 3 ranged acc modes that carry through to WS acc modes. There is a default turned off feature for auto ranged attacks, like the autora addon but you don't have to manually adjust the wait timer for every new weapon. Supports equipping multiple different ranged and melee weapons.

windows key + f9 will cycle melee weapon types
alt + f9 will cycle ranged acc and ranged ws modes
ctrl + f9 will cycle melee acc modes
ctrl + f11 will put on pull mode for if you are pulling a large group (movement gear + damage taken)
alt + f11 will toggle damage taken gear
if use_autora is set to true at the top of the file, ctrl + d starts autora and alt + d stops it.
ctrl + [ will equip cp cape and lock it from being swapped out
alt + [ will have it use default_ws whenever you are 1k tp, but I find this to be pretty niche in use and also defaults off.

The libs file I included is a modified lib file, it's what lets autora work if you're interested in using it. I'm open to feedback, especially on sets, I like to get better. Thank you.

Siren.Blackroses said: »
hat are current thoughts about the new skadi set from ambu? U didnt had much time to look at it. CUrrently finishing gastr., and own anni on yoichi.

People do still use the relic hat, 50 TP per shot might not sound like much but think of it this way, Yoichi will get 185 TP per shot with its arrows. To get the 185 + 50 TP you'd get from relic hat, you'd need 27 STP... for one item 8 STP is rare, and it's usually more like 3 to 6. You suffer accuracy, and it only works 90% of the time, but it does work on missed shots and WS.

Meghanada Visor +1: Dead Aim +10 is amazing, especially due to how ranged crits work, but most the time you'd probably get much more pay off from using the Relic hat. For a high acc option where you can't use the relic hat however it is a good choice and may win if you have am3 up on mythic or am on empty.

Meg. Cuirie +1: Good acc piece but can be beaten by other high acc options with the right augs like herculean vest which will also give other stats you want like STP. Mainly good for the 7 PDT as that is a lot, and for an easy to obtain high accuracy piece.

Meg. Gloves +1: Multi hit WS only use WSD on the first hit, though this isn't as well tested for ranged WS and I think Last Stand might work different... would love actual testing on that. It's definitely a good piece though, especially for high acc. I'd like to test/spreadsheet them against Kobo Kote for AGI WS.

Meg. Chausses +1: easy to obtain high acc, pdt, which is this sets theme. the TA 4% is nice but can get more for a melee set if you are after just multi hit. Very well aug'd herc can beat most if not all these pieces, for acc/damage. Exception might be hands, and that these all come with baked in large amounts of PDT.

Meg. Jam. +1: If you don't want to mess with augmenting taeon two paths to get 10 snapshot, these are a nice shortcut for a preshot set, 8 snapshot is a lot. If capped snapshot already you can use Pursuer's instead for 10 rapidshot.

That's my take on them, I'm sure others will have other opinions. have fun :D Excited to hear you are making a gastra.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-07-14 07:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have updated sets? Trying to get back into RNG
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-14 07:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Meg. Cuirie +1: Good acc piece but can be beaten by other high acc options with the right augs like herculean vest which will also give other stats you want like STP.

Dunno if you just mean the innate stp on the vest or not, but stp is an off path augment for the ranged augments. You can also get it from dark matter also, but the ***is hella rare. I know one person who managed to get stp with their ranged augment.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-07-15 09:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What's best aug for Belenus's Cape for Coronach? Also, can 2 RNGs double light or darkness?
By Verda 2016-07-15 10:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Dunno if you just mean the innate stp on the vest or not, but stp is an off path augment for the ranged augments. You can also get it from dark matter also, but the ***is hella rare. I know one person who managed to get stp with their ranged augment.

I did mean the native ya, but that aug'd would be sweet.

Shiva.Hiep said: »
What's best aug for Belenus's Cape for Coronach? Also, can 2 RNGs double light or darkness?
Coronach has really unhelpful wsmods, 40% AGI / 40% DEX, I'd just up AGI, ranged acc and ranged attack and WSD.

RNG doesn't have easy access to distortion, even if you go into the melee realm. About the only way to do double dark would be if one has yoichi and uses nama's arrow:

Wildfire -> Nama's Arrow -> Wildfire or Coronach would double dark.

Double light doesn't have relic bow requirement but still a bow requirement:
Apex Arrow or Trueflight -> Last Stand or Detonator or Heavy Shot -> Jishnu's or Nama's would make double light.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-07-15 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I don't need double light/dark, just wanted to do a double SC so mages could MB 3x in CP party, so Induration to Distortion would work etc., or Impaction to Fragmentation. Thanks for your help Verda!
By Verda 2016-07-15 10:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

NP :D Made some adjustments to ws placement. And hmm, if you had longer chains could do this:
Slug Shot (Or any of the other transfixion property ws) -> Trueflight (Tranfixion -> Scission = Distortion) -> Wildfire (Distortion -> Gravitation = Darkness) -> Wildfire or Coronach (Darkness -> Darkness = Double Dark)

And that's done with just gun, I just usually assume when people say double dark they mean 3 step only >.< Trueflight would be required it's the only archery or marksmanship with scission property.

Edit: Just realized too could do 6 step on RNG just alternating Trueflight and Slug Shot or Sniper Shot or Hot Shot :D
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-07-16 14:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

thinking of gearing up rng again, would jishnus be better with WSD or Crit bonus from Ambu back piece ?
By Verda 2016-07-17 08:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya :) spreadhsheet showed crit chance, dex, racc+rattack. I want to test WSD on Jishnu's and Last Stand myself though, to see if it multiplies on every hit or just the first. It should only do the first. Unfortunately, this cape will only be good for Jishnu's, as it's really the only DEX based archery or marksmanship ws and very few of either of those can crit either. Because of that I'm still just using my WSD cape and it does boost damage more than other non ambu cape choices. A Store TP cape, an AGI magical cape, an AGI physical WSD cape, and a Jishnu's cape are on my list but only got 3 of those so far.
 Bismarck.Norminator
Server: Bismarck
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2016-07-23 14:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have some updated gear set ? I'm new on rng and i would like to gear it properly.

Thx
By Verda 2016-07-24 11:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The lua I posted has the gear sets I use, but no one has listed them out on the forum directly for a while :< Can you tell us what sets you're looking to start out going for and we can help?
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 130 131 132