2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 130 131 132
By Swepttrippy 2019-01-07 16:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
well, the only thing I could be thinking if you've got those buffs is that malaise wasn't active on the mobs you were shooting. Getting aurorastorm II (had a sch), wiz roll, malaise/acumen and a gastra user should be seeing capped damage more often than not.

REALLY dumb question....your gastra is afterglowed yes?
Yeah Its AGed, was a little bit frustrated due to the fact the team was like "looks like the rangers aren't geared enough yet." But was fairly sure myself that if buffs/debuffs were correct i'd have been doing the correct damage
 Asura.Zeroburning
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-07 17:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea just sounds like lazy or automated geos that's not casting on each mod to establish hate for bubbles
By olson2189 2019-01-07 17:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Zero, would you mind sharing your TF set?

Also, I've never done wave 3 with RNG set up. Are RNG's melee'ing for TP for TF spam?
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-07 17:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snapster said: »
Relic +3 legs for Trueflight is actually a step below Herculean Trousers. Even only a decently augmented pair will beat them.

that really depends on the rest of your gear, and can't be said as a flat out answer. For many it can work that way due to the lack of MAB on the Relic+3. However, I use a pair of DM augmented herc boots with MAB+47 on them (for a total of +57mab on the piece) to compensate for the lack of MAB on legs. Now, if you have 2 herc pieces(legs and feet) both with around 25-30MAB/4-5WSD, it probably will equal out ahead of some augmented herc boots+relic+3 legs.

Its kind of like saying Eschan Stone is 100% best without storms. For the vast majority of players that might be true, but for many, Sveltesse Gouriz+1 wins out (from shooting distance, not factoring in up close usage of Orpheus Sash).

Trueflight is a balance between, MAB, AGI, and WSD...and finding the mix that yields the best results is key.

I don't think you are going to find any combination of gear or buffs that would favor Arcadian Braccae +3 over a good pair of Herculean Trousers unless you need magic accuracy. I recommend making some of your own and actually testing them instead of assuming that Arcadian are BiS. I have an extremely MAB heavy set and (with DM augments and everything) yet relic +3 still loses by a good margin.
[+]
 Asura.Limpbiz
By Asura.Limpbiz 2019-01-07 18:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep the Herc, try to get 30/30.+ wsd if lucky. And you’ll spend less on Pel stones than a step down relic+3 legs.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-07 19:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I did run w/ a pair of herc legs that were in the neighborhood of mab25/macc20/wsd4 and they lost to arc. braccae+3 when paired with my straight MAB herc feet. When paired with my mab15/macc15/wsd4 herc feet they performed better, but lost to the combo of straight MAB feet/relic+3 legs.

It was VERY close, so again, for most a good pair of herc legs should win out, but I just wanted to say it isn't a straight certainty.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-07 21:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 361318
my current sets
Herc Head 35 macc 35 mab
Herc pants 40 mab 20 macc
Herc Boots 35 Macc 35 mab
Back 10% wsdmg agi 30 then magic acc
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-01-07 21:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

nice augments.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-07 22:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I did run w/ a pair of herc legs that were in the neighborhood of mab25/macc20/wsd4 and they lost to arc. braccae+3 when paired with my straight MAB herc feet. When paired with my mab15/macc15/wsd4 herc feet they performed better, but lost to the combo of straight MAB feet/relic+3 legs.

It was VERY close, so again, for most a good pair of herc legs should win out, but I just wanted to say it isn't a straight certainty.

I find this hard to believe. The best case for Arcadian +3 is a set with MAB heavy pieces in all other relevant slots. This is more or less Zero's set.

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(100+%2B+25+%2B+x)%2F(100+%2B+x)*1.14+%3D+1.2

You'd need a base of MAB +375 before 25 MAB 4 WSD augmented Herculean Trousers were surpassed by Arcadian Braccae +3. If you sub in your DM augmented head into Zero's set, you'd still only be at still only at MAB +324. They also have Store TP +4 which adds damage to your next WS .

The best set is going to be composed of at least 4 pieces of herculean and thus will likely have more than 10 base WSD from ambuscade cape. This will further marginalize Arcadian Braccae +3.

That said, I was a bit extreme when I stated that no set of conditions would cause them to be better. If you're in Dynamis Divergeance with Acumen/Wizard's Roll then you might have enough MAB to push them over. For my set I would need a total of MAB +454 before legs for those particular augments to become overshadowed by Arcadian Braccae +3.
Code
    sets.precast.WS.Wildfire = {
        head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+29','AGI+10','Accuracy+2 Attack+2','Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
        body="Carmine Scale Mail +1",
        hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','Weapon skill damage +3%','STR+7','Mag. Acc.+13','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},
        legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Weapon skill damage +2%','MND+3','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
        feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+23','Rng.Acc.+13','Weapon skill damage +8%','Accuracy+10 Attack+10','Mag. Acc.+17 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+17',}},
        neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
        waist="Eschan Stone",
        left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
        right_ear="Moonshade Earring",
        left_ring="Regal Ring",
        right_ring="Dingir Ring",
        back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
    }
    sets.precast.WS.Trueflight = set_combine(sets.precast.WS.Wildfire, {
        right_ear="Moonshade Earring",
        left_ring = "Weather. Ring",
    })

That's only 295 before legs. Bolster Acumen + Crooked XI Wizard's is MAB +158. Even then I wouldn't have enough.
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-07 23:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

^.^
By olson2189 2019-01-07 23:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Snapster, are those mostly DM augments? If not, which stone did you use?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-01-08 00:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

While I can't say I've had any success with making AF2+3 legs the superior option, the AF1+3 head has a much easier time pushing ahead despite Herculean Helm having 10 MAB as a base stat due to its relatively low AGI.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-08 00:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

olson2189 said: »
Snapster, are those mostly DM augments? If not, which stone did you use?

Boots and Helm for sure are DM augs, trousers maybe aswell
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-08 00:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

yea most of my sets are built around being fully buffed to the teeth 8 songs 4 rolls when i do stuff preludesx2 mins x3 etudes x2
Honor i hardly do any content that in not fully buffed so i just built all my sets around being fully buffed
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-08 02:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Head and feet are DM. Legs and hands are pellucid.
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-01-08 04:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have only one Malevolence yet, fortunately fully augmented. Offhand I use Vampirism, and about to test Eletta dagger to see if that can beat the vampirism.

Does Vampirism beat a Malevolence with bad augments ?
Also given that Scout Gorget +2 is out of reach for me, I'd like to test if the +1 can beat the Deviant or Sanctity necklaces I have (no Baetyl yet).

Where would you go to test your TF sets ?
Im usually going to Reisenjima entrance so that I can buy TP wings to goblin and test the WS on the agitated chapuli, but not sure I'm doing the things rights (maybe some vorseals effects biaise the results in a wrong way ?)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-01-08 06:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Gorns said: »
Does Vampirism beat a Malevolence with bad augments ?
No, Vamp has -10 MDMG, and -25 MACC compared to a 0 augged Male.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-08 07:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

to all and in particular Zero and Snaps...I plan on doing some testing between a straight MAB build Trueflight and a mixed MAB/WSD build next time I go RNG to dynamis, when I'm rolling fully buffed. Your numbers are solid and do show that a great pair of herc legs should win out. I've got an extra pair, and while I do have a pair with macc20/mab20/wsd5, I'm going to aim for at least a 30/30 pair for this.

And this is why I love these jobs. Might take me the week to get to go RNG to a run depending on our schedule (vs COR...my typical role on our wave3 clears these days) but will update when I have numbers. Me going out unbuffed and shooting just ain't worth the comparison.

The way to get better is to be open to advice. The minute we think we're set, we're stagnant...and that means we lose. I'm thinking that's what's going on right now...I've been sittin on my laurels for too long and not actively testing changes.
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-08 07:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea atm for me that's the most I can push out in my sets unless I get some un godly dm then in some cases would only increase dmg by 100-300 we havent done wave3 since everyone got clears on all the accounts so I stoped trying to push for more dmg in Tf sets since now we just farm wave 1 and wave 2
By olson2189 2019-01-08 13:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Good discussion. I think Arcadian +3 legs are BiS for Last Stand, so they are still worth making. Though, after the TF discussion, my mind is certainly open to change :)

Also, does there exist an updated RNG spreadsheet? Trying to decipher Snapster's formula, but it's not quite making sense to me.
By kingw777 2019-01-10 07:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, just started delving back into rng haven't played it since jishnus was the go to ws on rng.. Im wanting to pick it back up and i see true flight is the badass ws to go with now. My question, is there a good crossbow drop somewhere I can get until I decide on going for the mythic or even SU5 options or should I just go with a gun instead? Thanks in advance!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-10 08:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kingw777 said: »
Hey guys, just started delving back into rng haven't played it since jishnus was the go to ws on rng.. Im wanting to pick it back up and i see true flight is the badass ws to go with now. My question, is there a good crossbow drop somewhere I can get until I decide on going for the mythic or even SU5 options or should I just go with a gun instead? Thanks in advance!

A Holliday with good augments will probably serve you best until you're looking to build a Gastraphetes. I often see people asking about "what crossbow to use with Trueflight" when they pick up RNG assuming that crossbows are some unique class of weapon- they're just Marksmanship, same as guns. Unless you're sporting the mythic, there are multiple guns that would be better than most other crossbows in terms of pure Trueflight damage.

Holliday drops off of Strophadia in Reisenjima, nothing too insane, and can get augments of Weaponskill Damage, Magic Attack Bonus, AGI and Base damage if aiming for pure boosts to Trueflight.

*edit* not all at once, the augment pool for the Reisenjima weapons is huge, I just wanted to convey some options.
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-10 08:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If your just diving back in rng relics are quite cheap now and anni is still an amazing weapon for master trails and all around dps other then that if you can get you a small helm group and togather and push out a fomalhault would be good to instead of the mythic climb
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-10 09:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zeroburning said: »
If your just diving back in rng relics are quite cheap now and anni is still an amazing weapon for master trails and all around dps other then that if you can get you a small helm group and togather and push out a fomalhault would be good to instead of the mythic climb

So true, I love my Annihilator. Its a great option if you find yourself with a newish Tank and you're geared/buffed to the hilt and ripping hate even in "modern" zones like Omen. I often use it on low man Fu runs.

Having never had a Holliday, I am curious- anyone tried a really solidly augmented Holliday with MAB on it versus an afterglowed Annihilator for Trueflight? Clearly for base damage the Anni would win, also in white damage, but outside of its higher base damage it really doesn't bring much to the table for Trueflight.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-10 09:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk never tried it always had gastra for trueflight
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-10 09:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk never tried it always had gastra for trueflight

Always had Foma or Gastra myself.
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-01-10 09:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I often use it on low man Fu runs.

So true, even with not so newish tank, Anni enmity management make it so safe. Might take 1min more to kill Fu b/c of AM maintain and Coronach being a bit weaker, I often end up staying alive while other COR or RNG die b/c of pulling hate.

And to answer the question of testing holliday with good augment, I have the following one I wanted to test vs. my AG annihilator:

Holliday:
Mag.Atk.Bns.+25,
AGI+6
Rng.Acc.+17
Rng.Atk.+24

I've tested in Reisenjima on Agitated Chapuli:
- Use of TP wing to have the exact same amount of TP for each WS (from memory 1200-ish)
- 20' range
Results: Holliday win by a few hundred dmg but not that much.

I'm willing to test it with more accuracy but I'm not sure to do it right? (shouldnt I go outside Adouylin on Mandy to test it ?)
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-10 09:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to have a field day on fu do a eat buff rotation 8 buff per 25% and decoy with arma or gandiva xD melts so fast
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-10 09:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also had friend doing some cp and had a martial gun doing pretty good dmg with trueflight if all you wanting is tf dmg
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-10 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So true, I love my Annihilator. Its a great option if you find yourself with a newish Tank and you're geared/buffed to the hilt and ripping hate even in "modern" zones like Omen. I often use it on low man Fu runs.

Having never had a Holliday, I am curious- anyone tried a really solidly augmented Holliday with MAB on it versus an afterglowed Annihilator for Trueflight? Clearly for base damage the Anni would win, also in white damage, but outside of its higher base damage it really doesn't bring much to the table for Trueflight.

Doomsday is actually much easier to spec for tf than a Holliday.

Possible augs for it would be:
20 macc/matk or 25 of either macc or matk
7% WSD
23 AGI

Holliday doesn't have a Magic path, so any magic related augs are off-augs.
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 130 131 132