First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 130 131 132

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-30 14:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

option 4 is the most damage dealing option, and should be what a RNG uses. not sure if a COR can get away with the lack of RACC on that augment path. I know while currently CPing COR, the lower RACC has really frustated me after playing RNG so long.

I'd probably lean towards option 1(path A) as a general purpose. Still some Store TP (our most potent stat, in my opinion), some racc, and STR never hurts. 2nd path is great for agi,but lacks the STP. Option C is a tease- don't do that.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-30 14:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a cor myself but if you are meleeing on cor shouldn't you usually be wearing tp bonus trial gun? So might be best to just go for what's best for your rng here
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-30 17:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, since you're just returning - you can have multiple ones with differing augment paths.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-09-18 14:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hey all, I was looking at velocity shot on BG and it did not mention anything about with rng sub, anyone know if the stats are the same or gimped when rng is subbed?
 Siren.Flannelman
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2017-09-18 14:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

thats easy, you dont get velocity shot as /RNG
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-09-18 14:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

kk, thought that might be the case but couldn't remember and not at home.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2017-09-26 10:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So can anyone help out with something? What is the go to sub job choice now? I have not played rng seriously in some time, I know i used to go /war for AA's and Delve and such. Did a quick /sea all RNG on sylph and it was all /dnc with a few /nin thrown in. Is this just for soloing, or the ideal sub now?
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-26 11:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

well it all depends what you plan to do, if your going to truflight then /nin or /dnc is better since you get to dual wield the mab daggers. However if not using TF you would /war for best dps, but if you need to have shadows to survive then /nin it is.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-26 11:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Atigevomega said: »
So can anyone help out with something? What is the go to sub job choice now? I have not played rng seriously in some time, I know i used to go /war for AA's and Delve and such. Did a quick /sea all RNG on sylph and it was all /dnc with a few /nin thrown in. Is this just for soloing, or the ideal sub now?

/nin for Trueflight (my default Omen subjob) because of 2x Malevolence
/war for Last Stand situations (Fencer, Berserk)
/sam for Coronach situations (unless you truly need Berserk)
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-26 11:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Sylph.Atigevomega said: »

/nin for Trueflight (my default Omen subjob) because of 2x Malevolence
/war for Last Stand situations (Fencer, Berserk)
/sam for Coronach situations (unless you truly need Berserk)

Some one said a lil bit back on here /dnc for SC bonus I get /nin for shadows but aside from that 1 thing why else?
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-26 11:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what you're asking. I value Utsusemi more than the skillchain bonus for Omen. It makes clearing the earlier floors very easy. The big win is the 2x Malevolence for either /NIN or /DNC though. It adds a huge amount of damage to Trueflight.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-26 12:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if your going to melee, remember that /nin is MORE dw than /dnc. Thats a big deal for rng that is meleeing and will do very noticeable amount of dps more.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-26 12:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Also if your going to melee, remember that /nin is MORE dw than /dnc. Thats a big deal for rng that is meleeing and will do very noticeable amount of dps more.

This include haste samba and same set or would you tp in diff sets /nin vs /dnc?

If same set would you post ideal set or if diff would you specify what is diff please.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-26 13:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

With /NIN sub and full magic haste, you'll need 11% DW to cap delay reduction, which is achievable from a single slot.

With /DNC sub, you'd need 21% , so you're looking at giving up more multi-attack/stp from additional slot(s) to meet that threshold. If you're not meleeing for TP and/or have somebody to SC with, /DNC is better for the SC bonus.

Haste Samba/JA haste is another thing entirely.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-09-26 13:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a spoiled RNG assuming capped magic haste in a non-trust setup :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-26 14:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Flurry > haste
How fast are you getting tp as rng/nin?
What set are you using to tp in as melee

ItemSet 353400

Set has 10 more TA with augs than face value so I'm certain aside from +1 off hand it can be better
 Sylph.Atigevomega
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2017-09-26 14:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome thank you all for the responses, now to figure out sets, Anni is only 119 (not AG) but do have Aeonic Gun. So got some research to do.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-26 14:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What situations do you actually melee? With Samurai Roll, the TP return from Trueflight and a Double Shot proc is enough to use Trueflight again. This will oneshot most Omen mobs if you have a good Trueflight set. They're often dead before they can even take one swing. If you don't have Samurai roll, you will need to shoot 2 or 3 times although Utsusemi can absorb most of the hits during that time. If I'm doing WS objectives, I do the same thing but use Wasp Sting or Gust Slash instead.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-26 15:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

kustawi+1/ternion+1 is a great dagger setup for RNG. rapid shot, triple attack, and a crapton of AGI on your daggers as well as great low delays. In addition, using the Fomalhaut while meleeing is a great option because the 10 STP on the gun will affect your STP build while meleeing.

As a RNG, you'll always gain TP more reliably shooting vs. meleeing, but on fodder omen floors, I would always melee over shoot to help with objectives. Ranged attacks don't count towards objectives such as crit attacks or the 2k autoattack, and typically our ranged weaponskills will slaughter mobs too fast to help effectively with weaponskill counts (like the 18 physical/elemental or 30 total) so using gust slash or wasp sting is a much better move. Having workable melee sets is definitely important for a RNG- so get to work!
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-26 15:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Ranged attacks don't count towards objectives such as crit attacks

Critical RA do count towards that objective. ^^

Quote:
What situations do you actually melee?

Really only low-man/solo when there's no SAM roll (but adequate sources of magic haste).
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-26 15:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Quote:
Ranged attacks don't count towards objectives such as crit attacks

Critical RA do count towards that objective. ^^

Holy crap 4/5 +3 RNG and over 100 RNG cards sitting in my Mog House, 2 +2 COR pieces and a +3 COR piece...90% of my canteens used since January....and I never noticed this. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-09-28 16:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I know we have a lot going on in this 109 pages of ranger discussion... i went a few pages back but it kinda kills my play time by searching. Is it possible for someone to sum up pretty top sets without being ridiculously insane amounts of gil to buy equip.

I have AG annihilator, working on fomal, and if the wind takes me might upgrade my yoichi from 95 (doubt it).

sets i'm looking for is preshot, midshot, crit hit(if applicable for those weapons), trueflight, last stand, wildfire, jishnus, namas, and any other sets that are critical to work towards setting up. I also need a solid lua that's not too simple and not over complicated like the one I have which is way to fancy :(.

I know its kinda asking a lot but i'm sure there's a few other people looking for this kind of information as well. Thank you in advance!
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-09-28 16:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Evildemon said: »
I know we have a lot going on in this 109 pages of ranger discussion... i went a few pages back but it kinda kills my play time by searching. Is it possible for someone to sum up pretty top sets without being ridiculously insane amounts of gil to buy equip.

I have AG annihilator, working on fomal, and if the wind takes me might upgrade my yoichi from 95 (doubt it).

sets i'm looking for is preshot, midshot, crit hit(if applicable for those weapons), trueflight, last stand, wildfire, jishnus, namas, and any other sets that are critical to work towards setting up. I also need a solid lua that's not too simple and not over complicated like the one I have which is way to fancy :(.

I know its kinda asking a lot but i'm sure there's a few other people looking for this kind of information as well. Thank you in advance!

PM'd
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
Server: Bismarck
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-10-01 23:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

PM'd

Can you PM me the sets too please.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-01 23:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cladbolg said: »
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

PM'd

Can you PM me the sets too please.

Just check my sets list. I don't claim them to BiS, just what I built from gathering info. I play a lot of accounts so I try to keep as much as I can updated to what I feel comfortable with. More than just RNG sets. Not all completely updated.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-10-02 06:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick look (trueflight set) rng can't equip Regal Earring. *wink*
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-02 11:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Over the next week I'll build ffxiah graphical versions of my sets and post them. Tonight I'll get preshot sets done, and will aim for a "family" of sets per day. Considering the volume of this thread, and honestly I like that this stays discussion rather than plug-and-paste, I'll post in a new thread.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 130 131 132