Easiest Low Man Assaults, By Rank?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Easiest low man assaults, by Rank?
Easiest low man assaults, by Rank?
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-02 13:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the easiest mission to do in a RNG DNC THF trio, in your opinion, at each rank? Yes, I know you rank up faster if you do all of them at a given rank, but we don't mind spamming the same one over and over, so time isn't an issue, just feasibility.

We did Imperial Agent Rescue over and over, which was a *** and a half cuz of the random luck factor to it (We also tried the one where you gotta break down the walls before we ranked up, but that sucked *** since we have no DPS), and have since ranked up and are doing "Golden Salvage", which is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** easy. Want moar like Golden Salvage ^^

So yeah, easiest mission per rank for a low man group, in your opinion? Just so I can come up with some kind of plan?

PS - I don't mind low manning, because we're all RL friends and all know, and do, our jobs pretty well. So yes, I'm sure it's inefficient, it's not an issue for us.
 Hades.Medjai
Server: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 13:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

well if you all hae /rdm or rdm or cor or brd main you could try Lamia 13 all you have to do is dispel the Imperial Npcs also if you are all corporal you could do Building Bridges win Periquia (misspelled i sure lol) all you have to do is avoid the NPCs and tag 4 bridges and thats it you only have 15 min in the assault for this one but choco jig/flee/fast pants or sprinters shoes are impossible to gauge on this assault also fillmode helps alot with targeting the Lamia NPCs and makes them easy to avoid
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-07-02 13:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo Red vs. Blue on BLM, RDM, WAR, and BLU; I've heard of RNG soloing it too. I believe its First or Second LT ... don't remember off hand. Just need two people to meet the 3 person requirement to enter. Attack the main NM with shadowbind/grav/sleep/bind, run a loop around the entire zone, the other mobs deaggro and the main NM is way behind to pull safely away and kill. It's easier if you have someone to kite the normal mobs but not needed as long as you are fast.

Lebros CS, Evade and Escape can be done with 3 ppl any job as well. Just need to hit some lamps and avoid aggroing the red dragons roaming around. I'd come /whm for RR just incase ... things happen~
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-02 13:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much all we have is RNG, THF and DNC...although we are working on having SCH and BLU in place of the DNC and THF. For now though, those three jobs are all we got.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-07-02 14:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

whenever I need quick assault points, I like doing the following three:

Breaking Morale - Lance Corporal
The Double Agent - Corporal
Marids In the Mist - Second Lieutenant

They're all in Mamool Ja Training Grounds, and they're all easily won with 3 players. Real quick and easy AP for Salvage =P
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-02 14:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about assaults that have Chigoes in them (saw a couple so far...) are they like normal Chigoes in that a DNC can use a step to one shot them?

Just curious (does anyone do assaults with DNC? lol)
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-07-02 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking Morale - Mamool Ja

The Double Agent - Mamool Ja

Building Bridges - Periqia

Lamia No.13 - Ilrusi Atoll

Evade and Escape - Lebros Cavern

Excavation Duty - Lebros Cavern

Apkallu Breeding - Lebros Cavern

Are all the ones I used to spam for ranks, all relatively easy and 3 ppl assault missions.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-02 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RVB SL. 3 man it always. GG
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 14:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

imperial treasure retrieval can be three mand if you not worried about alot of points or have a good strat of having 1 person look for coffers and the other 2 stand at the mammool NPC to steal the gems from the other NPCs.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-02 15:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you really need to get a job that can Sleepga into that group. :P

I'd suggest Seagull Grounded for an easy 3-man assault since you can 'technically' do that w/o sleeping any mobs and the rng can still do dmg while they guide the npc if they don't pull hate.
However... It's much easier to pull/sleep the crabs in the rooms instead of fighting them.

Seagull Grounded in Periqia DOES offer the Storm Manopolas which are very nice imo. (Even if I am like 0/30 on appraising for them.) >.<
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-02 15:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yeah, you really need to get a job that can Sleepga into that group. :P

Yeah, I know >.<

Once I get my SCH leveled, it's gonna be so much easier LOL
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-02 15:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, yeah. Having 3 melee (even if one can cure) kind of sucks. >.>
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 15:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

if they dont do alot of dmg would be perfect for Imperial Agent Resuce lol but yea
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-02 15:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Medjai said:
if they dont do alot of dmg would be perfect for Imperial Agent Resuce lol but yea

We've done that assault before. MANY MANY TIMES. I will die a happy man if I never have to do that P.O.S. mission again lol

Not that it was hard, just getting the mobs to throw their *** weapon, or Firespit, was so *** annoying >.<
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 15:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

its the best mission ever! lol
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-07-02 15:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Vs. Blue is crazy easy and great for point spam but its FL.

Lamia 13 if done right with blmx3 or blmx2 and a rdm it can be completed in ~7min.

Preemtive Strike was always my favorite but we always went War War Rdm and once we got our little loop figured out we could clear in just under 14 min.

Golden Salvage is cake if you have smn or /smn.

Saving Private Ryaff with the help of Wiki is completely broken and with basically any AoE ws you should be able to do this in under 10 min.

I don't like to sit in assaults for 30 min for spam when I can complete 2.5 assaults in that same time, if not 4 (RvB)! You can prolly get lucky with Shooting Down the barron but that map can suck and with low man you might run outta time just looking for the damn imp, let alone killing him and getting back to release.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-02 15:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zorander said:
Golden Salvage is cake if you have smn or /smn.

Golden Salvage is cake with our setup... ^^

THF pops the chest, if Mimic RNG Blasts it for hate from out of draw in range, THF runs away, rinse/repeat.

I, on DNC, chocobo jig and scout out chest locations to save time, and if time is critical, I sit at the rune ready to pop it. Wish they all could be that easy...we've lost like 2/20, both because of Pug aggro ^^
 Odin.Arnor
Server: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-02 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ive solo'd golden salvage so many times D: i swear if i ever have to see that assault again ill /wrist lol blu/smn and smn/whm and before that the targetting trick lol i swear i got up to rank 5 on that assault alone =/
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-07-02 15:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Arnor said:
ive solo'd golden salvage so many times D: i swear if i ever have to see that assault again ill /wrist lol blu/smn and smn/whm and before that the targetting trick lol i swear i got up to rank 5 on that assault alone =/

your avatar made me lol...it is the perfect picture for your /wrist when you see this assault again.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-07-02 21:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Question about assaults that have Chigoes in them (saw a couple so far...) are they like normal Chigoes in that a DNC can use a step to one shot them?

Just curious (does anyone do assaults with DNC? lol)

For Ryaaf at least, I know you can one shot them with criticals or WS'es so I imagine steps should work as well. You could probably do that one with the dnc going in as bait, thf SA will instantly kill one, and once you get tp's for steps, the others should go down pretty fast. Or if you got tp can just cyclone or whatever.

As someone mentioned, if you have a sub with dispel can do Lamia 13. You mentioned working on sch so /sch should be good, dunno about your other members though.

Personal recommendations considering your jobs:

Rank 2: Lamia 13 (If you have the dispels) or Preemptive Strike (Might be low on time but should be doable)
Rank 3: Saving Private Ryaaf
Rank 4: Breaking Morale
Rank 5: Counting Sheep or The Double Agent

Think this is starting to get out of low rank assaults but just for reference.
Rank 6: Apkallu Breeding or Apkallu Seizure
Rank 7: Defuse the Threat or Lost and Found
Rank 8: Deserter (If you don't care about points) or Imperial Code
 Pandemonium.Areis
Server: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-07-02 22:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

by area i would say these assaults are some of the best available

Leujaoam
T2: Orichalcum Survey **Some groups find this hard
T4: Shanarha Grass Conservation **Some groups find this hard
T5: Counting Sheep
T9: Red Versus Blue

Mamool Ja
T2: Pre-emptive Strike
T4: Breaking Morale

Lebros
T4: Evade and Escape

Periqia
T3: Saving Private Ryaff
T4: Shooting Down the Baron

Ilrust
T1: Golden Salvage
T2: Lamia 13

By Rank the easy assaults would be:
T1: Golden Salvage

T2: Lamia 12
T2: Pre-emptive Strike
T2: Orichalcum Survey **Some groups find this hard

T3: Saving Private Ryaff

T4: Shooting Down the BaronT4: Breaking Morale
T4: Evade and Escape
T4: Shanarha Grass Conservation **Some groups find this hard

T5: Counting Sheep

T9: Red Versus Blue **4 people is much easier than 3 but this is the best AP/tag at 1,666 for a perfect 3 man run

T10: ** Most are reasonable with 6 members giving 1,500 AP each regardless of the number of players

Rank 6~10 i would say skip most of the assaults and continue repeating low ranks for your points/rank up most of the assaults are very low AP reward, require a large number of people or have a win chance based on luck.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 22:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i love how every one passes up Building Bridges nothing easier then avioding npcs! lol
 Seraph.Krispy
Server: Seraph
user: daNpwr
By Seraph.Krispy 2009-07-02 22:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Corporal
Mamool Ja Training Grounds
The Double Agent
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-07-02 23:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Medjai said:
i love how every one passes up Building Bridges nothing easier then avioding npcs! lol

I've actually never been much of a fan of that one. Assuming you're not using windower to see through walls, sometimes you just get stuck in bad spots that are impossible to get out of.

And I think doing a little bit of mining to buy sheep is loads easier than avoiding npcs, hehe
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-03 00:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I really appreciate it! As I get into some of these I'll update the wiki with how successful it was (or what a miserable failure LOL)

Anyways, I'm gonna derail my own thread here and ask: I'm gonna pick up the Pahluwan Khazagand for my DNC, any other pieces I should be looking at? Should I get the whole Yigit set for my SCH, or only a few pieces? Haven't leveled a mage job very high and I didn't know if there were better alternatives (excluding like, HNM ***and that crazy stuff)