Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Other » Skill-Up Script, by Nimotas
Skill-Up Script, by Nimotas
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2013-12-26 14:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If I am not mistaken when you click the spell, it should start with your buffs, haste, refresh, etc. Did you try turning on the debug? :/
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-26 15:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm~ nvm, turned it on, that was the issue, trying to skill up a new character I made but he lacks Haste and Refresh due to being only level 40 atm. /facepalm.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2013-12-26 15:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I was going to ask that, but I checked your profile and figured that would be a dumb question with all your jobs and a relic/empy.
By Heimdel 2014-01-16 13:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Any thought of making it cast on trust npc?
By Saltie 2014-02-09 14:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant get spellcast to load the file in game
By Pantafernando 2014-02-09 14:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using //sc load "name.xml"?

The file is in correct folder?

Did you enable spellcast in windower (in the green window when you launch)?
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-02-09 14:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://pastebin.com/NnxuzMqK

try this version
By Heimdel 2014-02-15 09:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this is still checked but a couple things on the geo. Geo can have refresh and geo refresh on at the same time. Also it doesn't need to cycle through so many spells. The spells recast are so short that it only needs use 3 or 4 of the low mp cost ones to cycle so doesn't need to rest often.
By Daemythos 2014-02-18 06:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore this
By ununium 2014-03-03 10:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi!

Thanks for such an awesome script!

Please consider adding a logic check for the haste spell. If your haste status wears off while your MP is less than 40, it will try to re-apply it continuously, and get stuck there forever.

I think (Haven't tested extensively) that I solved it by entering an extra IF clause just after the
Code
<if notbuffactive="haste">

Like this:
Code
<if MPGT="40">
<if mode="OR" mainjob="RDM|WHM" subjob="RDM|WHM">
<if notmainjob="BRD|BLU">
<changespell spell="Haste" />
<changetarget target="<me>" />
<command when="aftercast">wait 2;input /ma "$currentspell"</command>
<!-- Debug info --> <if advanced='"$Show.Debug" == "True"'><addtochat color="207">Debug Process:: Haste Buff not Detected - Casting Haste Spell</addtochat></if>
<return />
</if>
</if>
</if>

I think the same would apply to BLU but I dont have that job lvld in order to test.

Thanks again for such a wonderful script!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [229 days between previous and next post]
By katsuhito 2014-10-18 03:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

nice script, but when i use it to skill up smn magic, it summons carbuncle and it stays out, it doesn't release it. any suggestions?
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-10-18 03:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Feary/Spellcast/blob/master/Feary/skillup2.xml

more update to date one, however you might have to convert it to lua because i dont even know if spellcast works fully anymore.
 Siren.Nimotas
Server: Siren
user: Nimotas
By Siren.Nimotas 2014-10-25 12:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Folks,

It's been a while since I've updated this script and I apologize for that. I've been very busy with work and school and haven't had much time to work on scripting. Any free time I do get I spend actually playing the game with my friends. I want to thank all of you who have submitted comments and/or suggestions. I have been reading them and paying attention, just haven't had time to do anything with them.

Additionally, this may be the last update to this script since Spellcast is no longer supported. I have been slowly working on learning LUA coding and someday may attempt to convert this script to LUA. Given my busy schedule, however, that is not likely to happen anytime soon.

I have updated the original post to include information and the link to the most recent version (3.8) with updates. Below are the update notes. I started to add a section for ranged attacks but have not been able to finish it. For now, the ranged attack function is not working.

--- SkillUp_V3.8 Released 10/25/14 ---
--Added Ninjutsu Skillup section
Tigger spell: Katon: Ni
--Bugfix: Updated coding to address looping issue with script attempting to cast Haste spell if job is WHM|RDM and lower than spell level.
--Bugfix: Added logic to check MP level for Haste and Refresh spells to ensure the caster has enough MP to cast the spell. (Thank you Ununium for this suggestion)
--Added logic for RDM main job to cast either Haste II or Haste depending on the caster's job level and appropriate MP level.
--Added ability to use Light Arts or Dark Arts based on spell magic type (WhiteMagic/BlackMagic).
Previously, only Light Arts was used.
--Added section for Ranged Attack skill up (BETA)
This function is not fully working.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-10-25 13:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Nimotas said: »
Hello Folks,

It's been a while since I've updated this script and I apologize for that. I've been very busy with work and school and haven't had much time to work on scripting. Any free time I do get I spend actually playing the game with my friends. I want to thank all of you who have submitted comments and/or suggestions. I have been reading them and paying attention, just haven't had time to do anything with them.

Additionally, this may be the last update to this script since Spellcast is no longer supported. I have been slowly working on learning LUA coding and someday may attempt to convert this script to LUA. Given my busy schedule, however, that is not likely to happen anytime soon.

I have updated the original post to include information and the link to the most recent version (3.8) with updates. Below are the update notes. I started to add a section for ranged attacks but have not been able to finish it. For now, the ranged attack function is not working.

--- SkillUp_V3.8 Released 10/25/14 ---
--Added Ninjutsu Skillup section
Tigger spell: Katon: Ni
--Bugfix: Updated coding to address looping issue with script attempting to cast Haste spell if job is WHM|RDM and lower than spell level.
--Bugfix: Added logic to check MP level for Haste and Refresh spells to ensure the caster has enough MP to cast the spell. (Thank you Ununium for this suggestion)
--Added logic for RDM main job to cast either Haste II or Haste depending on the caster's job level and appropriate MP level.
--Added ability to use Light Arts or Dark Arts based on spell magic type (WhiteMagic/BlackMagic).
Previously, only Light Arts was used.
--Added section for Ranged Attack skill up (BETA)
This function is not fully working.

Thanks for your work and time.

If i can make a suggestion, can we have foe targetable options for skillups for brd, blu and geo?

Normally self targeted magics are very slow after 300 ish, and the addiction of lair/colonization reives allow a relative safe source of skill ups.

Anyway, thanks for your awesome work.
 Siren.Nimotas
By Siren.Nimotas 2014-10-25 13:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Thanks for your work and time.

If i can make a suggestion, can we have foe targetable options for skillups for brd, blu and geo?

Normally self targeted magics are very slow after 300 ish, and the addiction of lair/colonization reives allow a relative safe source of skill ups.

Anyway, thanks for your awesome work.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have added it to my list of feature requests. Some of what you suggested I already had on the list. Adding this functionality is very easy, its just finding the time to do it. And with Spellcast no longer being supported, I'm not sure how much time I should spend continuing to update this script. Still, if I find the time to work on it, I'll add this functionality.
[+]
 Siren.Nimotas
By Siren.Nimotas 2014-11-04 00:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been brought to my attention that the SMN skill up section was not working (would not release the pet after casting). I looked into this and discovered that the Spellcast variable '%PetIsValid' is no longer working and always returns a "False" value. To correct this, I have hard coded a '$PetValid' variable and the script is now working. Thank you to those that reported this error so I could fix it.

Also, as requested, I added in a BRD segment to cast threnodies on <t>'s. This should allow BRD's to skill up faster by casting on Reives. I have not yet added in this option for BLU or GEO.

I have updated the original post with a link to the newest version 3.9. Below are the release notes:

--- SkillUp_V3.9 Released 11/03/14 ---
--Added BRD (Mob Target) Skillup section
Tigger spell: Fire Threnody
--Bugfix: Corrected issue with SMN not releasing pet. Spellcast %PetIsValid variable is broken and always returns "False". Corrected issue by hard coding $PetValid variable.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-03 02:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vivix said: »
There is no Enfeebling Magic in the Script, I tried to start it with Dia, But shows up as error and show's a list of spells to use for each skill, but Enfeebling doesn't show up with Dia

I saw dia trgger in script, but as windower was discontinued and now even removed from windower list, i guess it should have some problems as we had lots of importants updates with no fixes.

This is a great script, but i guess its over.
 Lakshmi.Vivix
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Vivix 2015-01-03 02:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Was my bad, I downloaded the wrong file, it works fine.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Dougi69 2015-02-02 00:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Since SpellCast is now dead, any chance of getting this converted to GearSwap?

I tried the one for GearSwap found on the BG Shop Thread, and it works great (especially love the on screen gui), but it lacks any skillups for casting on mobs (divine, enfeeble, elemental, dark, ext), so it's use isn't as good as the one for SpellCast was.
 Siren.Nimotas
By Siren.Nimotas 2015-02-07 21:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Since SpellCast is no longer working nor supported, I will obviously not be updating this script anymore. I'm currently working on learning LUA code and converting all my job files to LUA for use in Gearswap. Once I've converted all my files and learned a bit more about LUA coding, I'll work on converting this script to LUA for GearSwap, however, that may be a while. I have a lot of other things going on in real life that take a lot of my time, such as school work for my master's program. When I do convert it, I'll post a notice in this thread, but don't expect it anytime soon. Until then, the one on the BG Shop Thread works great.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [275 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sesono
Server: Asura
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2015-11-09 12:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

whenever i look for GearSwap skillup i end up here... why?
I am looking for a GEO skillup - simple and easy....but it seems that requires a grade in programming. I found something which isnt working, always says my GEO isnt able to use GEO Spells but use GEo refresh when i try to skill up healing..wth?

This is confusing and simply unsatisfying. Can we have a new thread for a GEO Skillup or Skillup with GearSwap in general? And a step by step tutorial with commands would be helpful too since people seems to assume that there are only GearSwap Pro's out there... but thats not the case!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2282 days between previous and next post]
By ekyona 2022-02-07 22:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if he ever finished it.