Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » FFXI lag and you
FFXI lag and you
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-04 08:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

kafuin said: »
clouds were always like that as far as i remember.

to sapphire: i tried disabling hardware acceleration in flash per a quick google search, but it didn't really change anything.

if i isolate pol.exe to a single core do i have to do that each time i launch the game? would that even help in this instance?

What are you running that uses flash when you want to also run ffxi?
Without knowing your system specs how much ram etc it could be a ton of things. You might have a ton of tiny processes that all want to run once you start up a few more programs.

System performance isnt something that always degrades gracefully in a linear fashion as you start trying to run more applications.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-05 23:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

form the looks of the pictures it looks like you have either resized the pictures or you are running the game with "anti aliasing".
if you are running it with "anti aliasing" by doubling the background resolutions you might get a moire effect on some textures.

i don't know if this is the case but it might be worth trying out to set background and foregrounds resolutions the same
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2185 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [587 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
Server: Asura
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2021-03-08 08:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

woot 7 years later and youre still helping me fix stuff, thanks g
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2021-03-08 13:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

because of how ffxi handles multi core processors you could be getting lag from that or if you have multiple GPU (intel 5500 etc + a good gpu) it could be defaulting to the internal one without you knowing. Look up DGvoodoo it forces FFXI(and many older games) to run on the correct GPU and i think it also helps with the issue where it mainly runs on the first core of a multi-core CPU.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [460 days between previous and next post]
By DaneBlood 2022-06-11 17:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
i think it also helps with the issue where it mainly runs on the first core of a multi-core CPU.

a: it does not because see below
b: you statements is incorrect, FFXI does not just run on the first core. Windows Scheduler assigns the thread(s) of the software to free available (logical) cores. It odes so in a heavy modified round-robin method.
 Phoenix.Tiburon
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2022-06-11 19:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Process Hacker 2 (google it) should be able to both set priority higher, and affinity to single core for each XI instance. Automatically, as long as you have PH2 running.