SMN All-in-one Hybrid Set
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 09:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
I've played for probably 8+ years. I quit all the time! :D
Thats called taking a break, not quiting, or at least to me it is, if I quit something, I stop, and I do not go back, her taking a break might happen, but quiting, doubtful.

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Basically she does not want it because she wants to be an amazing SMN, or because she wants to have an amazing weapon, she wants it because she likes the job and she has wanted for a very long time but never had any chance to get it.

I can understand this, my GF is currently working on her "Vaginey" (Vajra) as she calls it, because she loves THF and or stealing in every FF title. (She could spend weeks and weeks running around in FF7 looking for something new to steal). I did manage to get her into gear swapping though (Thank god for blink me not or she wouldn't use swaps either ^^). She insists on stunning from the menus too as /DNC (danger!).

How about manually swapping weapons when she picks another avatar? That would at least allow her to get a decent timer on pacts for the avatars she uses without swapping stuff with macro's via magian staves.
So far as I know manual swaps are actually acceptable to her, its just other than for those staves it would be completely not worth mentioning because it would take way to long. But you bring up a good point, and I suppose that thought had not really crossed anyone else's mind yet, so thank you. Also, lol at her calling it her 'Vaginey'...
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-04-25 09:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I am surly not looking for people to tell me that it is disappointing I am doing something on a game to make my GF happy, or being told she is a terrible player

I don't mean to make a personal attack 'cause I don't know you nor am I on your server. Please take it as a joke 'cause I'm sure you can see how the "I build her all this stuff" looks to use from the outside. I'm sure at least a few people thought this while reading it.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-25 09:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats called taking a break, not quiting, or at least to me it is, if I quit something, I stop, and I do not go back, her taking a break might happen, but quiting, doubtful.

I was joking :/
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-04-25 09:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 298382

488 skill with merits
-15 BP delay
-12 perp (13 during weather)
1/tick refresh, 2 during weather and 3 when grip is active
Decent mix of avatar MAB, attack and BP damage
Manual swap gloves to relic +2 for alex/BPW duration to tip her over 500 skill.

Mujin vs moepapa? I'm not too sure myself. Avatar melee damage is so terrible, I doubt 5% haste will be worth it.
If refresh isn't an issue, maybe AMK hat with haste/-10%DT?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-25 09:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Please please please tell me this is a RL girlfriend ._.

I think the OP deserves a mythic instead if he successfully drags his stubborn-***-no-macro-using girlfriend through assault clears x2, ToAU king camps+kills, ichor and nyzul token farming.

She has no idea how much grind ppl have to go through for this or any mythic weapon and that kinda breaks my heart.
You are gonna farm all the alex for her too aren't you....

Theres a fine line between it being an act of love and being epic-mithrawhipped to do that kinda quest for someone.

i started mythic with ingame girlfriend
* all ToAU missions (except 3 or so)
* beast king
* alex farming
* salvage bosses
* first assualts run through
* einhejar ichor farming
* nyzul token farming
and now im only missing the last run of assaults and doing it with my wife
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 09:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was joking :/
Sorry, I'm tired, think my annoyance at this thread is getting to me.
By Therin 2013-04-25 09:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cool that she's playing an MMO with you and all, but if she's not going to try just tell her to stop and go find something else you enjoy doing with her too. I don't really see the point in playing a game if you're not actually going to try to do well at it.

I wouldn't go turn on Forza and drive into the wall all day just because I don't feel like learning the tracks.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 09:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Therin said: »
It's cool that she's playing an MMO with you and all, but if she's not going to try just tell her to stop and go find something else you enjoy doing with her too. I don't really see the point in playing a game if you're not actually going to try to do well at it.

I wouldn't go turn on Forza and drive into the wall all day just because I don't feel like learning the tracks.
Difference is you probably would not enjoy driving into a wall, she played and enjoyed this game before she met me, now she simply plays the game with me too.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 09:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no point in telling him what his gf should or shouldn't do. He's aware. Also it not questioned the level of player we're talking about, so no need to give him ***for that.

That being said, the sets have been posted by people who know something about smn gear, there's not much better you can do, suck it up, it's not their fault for not being able to suggest any better.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-04-25 09:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I would advise requesting a lock, cause you won't get any better input anymore from this thread, I think. Which leaves only people coming here to bash the gf.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 09:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That being said, the sets have been posted by people who know something about smn gear, there's not much better you can do, suck it up, it's not their fault for not being able to suggest any better.
I never meant to insinuate it was, I only made the comments I did because it seems weird to me is all, the gear seems so basic, does that mean I doubt them or think they are wrong? No, not really, but when looking at the differences between those sets and sets like the one I made for SAM as a hybrid you can tell one is filled with gear which is actually harder to get, while the other is filled with AF2+2 and AF3+2.

If a RDM came up to me and asked what set of gear could be used as a hybrid set for everything a RDM could do I would simply do no different probably, I would first state it does not work that way, then I would come up with some set that looks no where near their expectations, and it would probably end up looking like a lot of AF/R/E gear thrown into a set.

So in all honesty, I understand it, its just that it looks weird, and from my standpoint after all has been said and done and the original statements made by some of those who offered sets, it seemed like they just threw something together to get me to shut up, and AF/R/E is the most easily accessible and first to come to mind in most cases I think.

The only reason why I am bothering to continue though is for other ideas and the fact that after it was brought up that manually changing staves would probably be fine it would possibly allow for other sets, seeing as originally the sets had Chatoyant in it which is worse by far than the trial staves I am sure. So basically I am looking for revised input now.
 Bahamut.Eclipstic
Server: Bahamut
user: eclipstic
By Bahamut.Eclipstic 2013-04-25 09:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So many walls of text bashing this thread lol. I'm going to just say this: what you ask cannot be done. smn requires gear changes to be any use to anyone, including themselves. your best bet is to just make her a set that will be free for any avatar and grit your teeth through making her a weapon she will never fully make use of.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-04-25 09:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The people saying "Tell her to do X" and "Get rid of her", have never tried to reason with a woman.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-04-25 09:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Get her to play on pc, get blinkmenot, make her a spellcast script.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-25 09:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
You should really just bite me... I am trying to do something to make my GF happy, if you have such a problem with that then ignore this thread, ignore me, ignore her, and pretend we don't even exist, then all of your problems with us will fade. If you can not do that, then simply shut up, I'm tired of arguing semantics with you about if shes putting effort into the job or not, and I'm tired of comments saying to leave her or leave the game.
If you have a problem with my posts, ignore them, ignore me, ignore my comments towards your inadequate gf. All of your problems will then fade. If not, oh well, not my problem.

Knew before I read your reply Tiger you'd word it like this, hilarious lol. I do all sj dnc abilities off the menu when soloing dynamis thf/dnc etc besides this everything else should really be macroed. Having just helped a good friend finish 30k alex (all farmed) if he never macro swapped his blm id be pretty disappointed going through all that work. But alas he plays properly.

As for the person who says so many wall of texts in this thread, I dont think you know what the definition of wall of text means, every post within this thread is paragraphed properly.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 09:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This could work tbh. I mean, with spellcast she doesn't have to use macros and will still gearswap(as long as she closes the menu). Problem is probably selling the idea, cause she sounds the type to just refuse the principle behind it rather than the act itself.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-04-25 09:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggested this on page 1, goddamnit people don't you read my posts?!?? Sad now :(((
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 09:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I already said a few times that was in the plan, but until its actually possible for me to do I am looking for an alternative. For now I can not really do that, if I had the ability to she would have been playing on PC with a Xbox setup long ago.

I plan to set it up for her exactly like her Xbox is, meaning just buying a wireless adapter for her Xbox controllers on the PC, setting up her FFXI on Windower to look/play just like Xbox with a few additions and putting on Spellcast for her as well as her own blinkmenot so she can not tell the difference. One day when she comes hope Ill check and see if she can tell the difference after using some dumb excuse like I was dualboxing and did not want to lag my PC, when she notices no difference, tell her about it and tell her to deal with it since it works.

Everything I have done in this thread was meant to find me a set to get her to hold over till she actually has that setup and is able to swap without macros, and thus fix her issue.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 09:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
I suggested this on page 1, goddamnit people don't you read my posts?!?? Sad now :(((
Don't feel bad, no one reads my posts either apparently cause I did answer or comment on something similar to a few of the last few posts already in this thread, and yet they pop up still. In either case its a good idea, I simply can not afford it all currently, and with how things are going for me right now I will not be able to for a bit, only reason why I can afford the game even is because I paid for a friend on this and another MMO for a few years and now he has been returning the favor so I can stay on the game.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 09:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calinzt said: »
Here's my take on your absurd request:

ItemSet 298370
• Avatar Perpetuation Cost -8 (-9 if weather is present)
• Refresh +3 when not engaged; +4 if MP below 75% if you take Oneiros instead of Vox Grip
• +76 Summoning Magic Skill
• ~55 seconds of Perfect Defense (assuming full merits and capped skill)
• Blood Pact Delay -9
• Blood Pact Damage +10%
• Avatar Magic Attack Bonus +1 (+15 MAB on a crit when 1/5 on merit BP and +30 when 5/5; both assuming augmented AF2+2 feet)
• Blood Boon +10 (+10% to the base chance of BB proccing and reducing Blood Pact MP and increasing the dmg due to AF3 set bonus)
• Avatar TP Bonus +50% (applies only to magic Blood Pacts, increases damage proportionally with TP, the Regain effect of the neckpiece compliments this)
• Avatar: enhanced attack and accuracy - improve the physical aspect of the Blood Pacts

This is about as good as you can get with no macro swaps. Poor magic damage results, decent physical dmg results depending on gear procs. Neither should be relevant though considering not even the BP timer is capped. But at least PD duration should be pretty decent since the hard cap is going to be 60 eventually anyway (as announced by SE in their Perfect Defense adjustments post regarding 600 Summoning Magic Skill, which is currently unobtainable).
Without aiming to mess with PD at all, completely ignoring its existence, and with using the Trial Staves, is there a different set you would advise or still this set?
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-25 10:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

One day when she comes hope Ill check and see if she can tell the difference after using some dumb excuse like I was dualboxing and did not want to lag my PC, when she notices no difference, tell her about it and tell her to deal with it since it works.
This might back fire... Doing that is on the same danger level as when women respond with "Fine".
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 10:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
One day when she comes hope Ill check and see if she can tell the difference after using some dumb excuse like I was dualboxing and did not want to lag my PC, when she notices no difference, tell her about it and tell her to deal with it since it works.
This might back fire... Doing that is on the same danger level as when women respond with "Fine".
I don't necessarily mean Ill do it in those exact words, I simply mean I plan to set it up so she does not necessarily know the difference, if she can not tell the difference when playing normally I can not possibly think of a reason why she would refuse to use it, unless she is being completely unreasonable. If that is the case, I will probably just give up on anything to do with her when it comes to this game.
 Asura.Calinzt
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-04-25 10:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Without aiming to mess with PD at all, completely ignoring its existence, and with using the Trial Staves, is there a different set you would advise or still this set?
If Perfect Defense is not the primary concern and manual swapping of staves is acceptable then go with the set Thorbean suggested, except change Ngen for AF3+2 pants since you said Legion is not accessible to you. The hexed-1 gages will cost you 15-20M, acquiring the abjuration needs to be done via either T1 Tavnazia VW, or Provenance VW, the feet will require Arch-Ultima kill, which is relatively difficult to low-man unless doing SMN burn, and the earring in his set will require countless repeats of the BC for the correct augments, unless you're lucky.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-25 10:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What about setting up a spellcast for her so the gear swaps on it's own as she plays?

edit: Nevermind... I missed the xbox part.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-04-25 10:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

the earring in his set will require countless repeats of the BC for the correct augments, unless you're lucky.

Maybe swap it for +2 skill earring if using emp legs, to avoid sitting at 499 skill.

Edit: Never mind, I keep forgetting, no hand swaps to relic +2 for BPW.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 10:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Calinzt.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 10:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
the earring in his set will require countless repeats of the BC for the correct augments, unless you're lucky.

Maybe swap it for +2 skill earring if using emp legs, to avoid sitting at 499 skill.
Yeah but I am saying if you are ignoring PD, unless that would break a skill barrier for something else. I am HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when it comes to SMN, but I know it works like that for basically every RDM Enhancing spell so figured it might for some other SMN stuff too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-04-25 10:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited my post, It was mainly for duration on wards (and sitting at 499 would drive me crazy).
By Gimp 2013-04-25 11:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

stubborn women oh man, that's a headache bro. It's great where your heart is but putting all the effort to make her something and do the "work" into knowing how to gear smn says some things about her.

You should meet her halfway on this sort of thing if this is what she really wants. being the bigger man? taking the time and effort to get something long and time consuming done and then feel somwhat to very unappreciative because she's not pulling her weight and just reaping the benefits? Can piss a grown man off and make them *** when it happens enough, I hope it's not something that happens to you often.

Play stupid and lay her a few breadcrumbs and don't be so proactive on things she can do for herself like the spellcast or gearsets. The nirvana thing is a teamwork thing for sure make sure it stays that way and it's not you dragging stubborn around.

The gearsets you're asking for as a hybrid is really just a full emp +2 set. SE did a fantastic job with the set and by how adamant she is about not using gearsets implies to me she'll just have favor up all the time and just w/e avatar. Gifted Earring(and/or get Esper Earring), Tieresias Cape, Oneiros Grip(have fun with that), Esper Stone, Evoker's ring and Ifrit's Ring make up the other slotsCan't see much reason to think of other gear she'll appreciate having doing the effort for and then not like it.

I'm very sorry if I incorrectly extrapolated too much information and judged both of you. I could be biased and bitter but the peoples' personalities and inclinations aren't limited to one thing and play into more than one aspect of something.

If you like I'll delete the above after you read it and gl