users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Goodnight Folks
Goodnight Folks
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2013-04-07 09:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to the following people/shells for the past 8 years- I'm hanging it up, at least for the forseeable future- I haven't played in the past 2 months, I didn't buy the expansion...I just don't feel the urge and I don't see it happening. I didn't even log on to put on my "final" gear and log out where I always said I wanted to. So this is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper. Always loved "The Hollow Men".

Thanks to LimitBreak (Etherion and Roguebender) on Pandy for a hell of a ride through the early days of Dynamis to our DL kills, the introduction of Dreamworld and beyond. I still used your signed bugard strap +1 to the end, gimp or not. Damn Salvage Bans. Losing you ingame was a true loss of a friend.

Thanks to Euphorya, my lovely little Sky Shell where I began my Engame Days on Pandy. Taught me a great deal, and I hope I did some teaching too. Great way to cut my teeth, and I had a hell of a lot of fun with some great people- Achiba, Gerkin, Anamarie, so many others...

Thanks to Gerkin- my first true friend in game. I always see the "I'll never forget..." lines. Well, I'll never forget the dark hours of the night/early mornings in SSG in Joyeuse drama of 2006. And Wise gear. I have screenshots of you in a Chausble. Don't forget it if you run for office.

For Falaras, who kept me in this game and pushed me to actually care about being a better player than my playtime should have made me. You made this mediocre RDM strive to play the part of a true endgamer even if I never had the time to really fill the role.

To Snow, and Kidnoftle on Remora/Levi- you convinced me to swap servers, and I never regretted it. You allowed me to experience things in game I never would have otherwise, and I owe you so much for that. I got another 3 years of enjoyment out of this game because of you.

Bananas- thank you for the evolution into CookieCrumbs and the successful running of it. Again, so much of this game I saw and succeeded in because of the shell...

Haelix, Hobbestails, Pan, Haborym- So much done for me over the years I was on Remora/Levi. My time with you was always too short, and enjoyable.

But my time ingame was getting too isolated, and to be honest, I simply felt too far behind to accomplish anything. I may return, in fact I know I will re-activate in a month or two to do a sign and dump of gear for any of my friends who are left- and I may even stick around a bit at that point- but to be completely truthful right now I don't feel any urge to come back or log on and I guess that's a good thing, and a feeling I shouldn't mess with.

Good night, Vana'diel. The run was amazing. I'm just sad I couldn't don my Chapeau and Dalmatica one last time, Sheath my Joytoy, climb to blueblade fell, and watch the sunrise. But alas, such things are as they are. Like I said, so this is how the world ends.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-07 09:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

nn