users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Can't change default/main character
Can't change default/main character
 Valefor.Torren
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Torren 2013-04-05 08:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I originally played on Kujata, but I can't seem to make FFXIAH.com see my new character on Valefor as my main character now. I've deleted the picture from my old character and uploaded one for my new character, but whenever I go to edit any section such as merits or abyssites, it always defaults to my old character from Kujata and I have to switch to my new character before editing anything.

Any help would be appreciated.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2013-04-05 09:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried changing your default profile located on the account page?
http://www.ffxiah.com/account
By Quiznor 2013-04-05 09:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Scragg said: »
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-04-05 09:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine actually shows up correctly (Bismarck.Kelhor) on /account, but wrong (Cerberus.Kelhor) for:

/mbox
/members/chars
/members/assaults

and a few others.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2013-04-05 11:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I understand the issue. I will note it on my captains log. It isn't really a super-quick fix. FFXIV character integration complicated the system. The default profile on the account page is for what I call "identities" and there needs to be a default character for each game as well. Since I ask for your "main" character in /members/chars, I can assume that to be the default.
[+]
 Valefor.Torren
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Torren 2013-04-18 10:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
Mine actually shows up correctly (Bismarck.Kelhor) on /account, but wrong (Cerberus.Kelhor) for:

/mbox
/members/chars
/members/assaults

and a few others.

Each of those pages defaults to my old Kujata character. I'm not sure how much my issue would be related to anything FFXIV, because I'm pretty sure it's been happening since before FFXIV came out. It's been an issue for a while that I've simply neglected to try to resolve.

Btw: I tried to change my default account to just my FFXI account name instead of one of my characters and then change it back, but it still doesn't work right. Not sure if that helps or not.