Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-04 11:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Asura.Aikchan said: »
Asura.Gavvy said: »
ATM the skill is like BRD. You don't really need the merits unless you're perma BRD.

The more important merits will be the T1 and T2 job spec ones as they have more of an influence on potency etc.
Even if you perma brd you don't need th merits...

But I hope they add some way to let geo use 2 luapans otherwise it will be worst than a cor... Or let the geo spells affect all the alliance

I wouldn't say worse than a cor. They are DIFFERENT. Different =/= worse. Why do so many people relate these two? Like DD's. Yeah DPS is the name of the game in the DD world, but that doesn't mean you can't kill ***with other jobs...

Cor can "give" 2buff and have wildfire
Geo can give 2 "unique" buff and have gimps nukes...

So yea worst than cors
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-04 11:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously Aikchan, you have no idea what you're talking about. At this very moment, GEO - with a single spell unboosted by merits, AF, or bell enhancements - already has more potential usefulness than any other job ever has upon relase.

Besides that, GEO buffs are completely un-dispellable which gives them use beyond that for anything dispel-happy for which buffs are more beneficial than debuffs.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 11:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Seriously Aikchan, you have no idea what you're talking about. At this very moment, GEO - with a single spell unboosted by merits, AF, or bell enhancements - already has more potential usefulness than any other job ever has upon relase.

Besides that, GEO buffs are completely un-dispellable which gives them use beyond that for anything dispel-happy for which buffs are more beneficial than debuffs.

Post so nice had to say it twice? lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 11:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Slow and def down that stack with other sources appear good to me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-04 11:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It showed up in the wrong order!
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 11:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ATM the skill is like BRD. You don't really need the merits unless you're perma BRD.

The more important merits will be the T1 and T2 job spec ones as they have more of an influence on potency etc.

But I hope they add some way to let geo use 2 luapans otherwise it will be worst than a cor... Or let the geo spells affect all the alliance

I wouldn't say worse than a cor. They are DIFFERENT. Different =/= worse. Why do so many people relate these two? Like DD's. Yeah DPS is the name of the game in the DD world, but that doesn't mean you can't kill ***with other jobs...

So yea worst than cors

"gimp" nukes? LOL They can nuke like sch, sans ebullience, for the most part which is pretty stellar and their "unique" buffs are awesome.. and yay WF... who *** cares?
By Gannonman 2013-04-04 12:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious if anyone has any screen shots of GEO Tier IV damage vs Tier II -ra spells. Just curious what kind of damage they can output.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2013-04-04 12:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently do not have magian staves, but plan on working on them very soon. Dark ring/refresh hairpin farming on geo:

Noticed something interesting while I was there also. Concentric Pulse gives ruby lights so I don't think it's magic based dmg.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-04 12:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't avatar magical bloodpacts give pearl? Abyssea lights don't really mean much.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2013-04-04 12:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I also tried Concentric Pulse on Arch Omega last night and it was averaging around 800ish. This was when he was on two legs and resistant to magic. T4 nukes were doing around 2-300ish on him at this time.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-04 12:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably breath damage.

BGWiki said:
Damage dealt is equal to the luopans current health.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-04 12:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Don't avatar magical bloodpacts give pearl? Abyssea lights don't really mean much.
They do, physical blue magic also gives azure.
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Server: Leviathan
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2013-04-04 14:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone got any good ideas on how to skill geo/hand up? i just been doing like smns and spamming casts, but anyone find a better way?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-04 14:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cycerath said: »
anyone got any good ideas on how to skill geo/hand up? i just been doing like smns and spamming casts, but anyone find a better way?
I wonder if spamming debuff Luopans on Zvahl Fortalices would do the trick. I'll look into that when I get more levels on my GEO (or if anyone else can, that would be cool too).
 Asura.Gavvy
user: Kumbai
By Asura.Gavvy 2013-04-04 14:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Using food is definitely the best/quickest way to skill. Spam low MP indi spells... Took me a few days to cap but it certainly worked. Just like enhancing magic etc casting fast spells with low MP cost! I used Poison, Precision and Voidance.

Setting up a macro on Forts might work. Issue w/ that is Geo spells take forever to go off, they are MP heavy compared to Indi and you have to release them~ try it out though!
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-04 14:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So yea worst than cors

"gimp" nukes? LOL They can nuke like sch, sans ebullience, for the most part which is pretty stellar and their "unique" buffs are awesome.. and yay WF... who *** cares?

Gimp Nukes... oh wait probably my GEO is bugged and didnt got Tier V... and SCH are only good w/ stratagems, remove that and say again?

And ya WF makes COR "somehow" useful.. Never said "great" all I said "Worst than COR" if for you that means COR are the BEST DPS out there.. your problem.

EDIT: let me put it "simple" in an alliance, where you going to put the GEO? all I can say "mages!" they will get refresh and mab! wow!.. DD'S?.. who you going to remove? the lolCOR? to give them fury and weak mob defense just for those DDs?

like I said before.. if they make their buff to affect alliance they will be "really" good.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 14:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So yea worst than cors

Gimp Nukes... oh wait probably my GEO is bugged and didnt got Tier V... and SCH are only good w/ stratagems, remove that and say again?

And ya WF makes COR "somehow" useful.. Never said "great" all I said "Worst than COR" if for you that means COR are the BEST DPS out there.. your problem.

I lol'd hard. Seriously...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 14:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what game you two are playing where cor is comparison for a wasted party slot.
By Raborn 2013-04-04 17:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a question here and I can't seem to figure out the answer myself,
But do Indi and Geo spells stack on top of each other.

Like for instance at cap do Geo-Poison and Indi-Poison together = to 60/ hp a tick?
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2013-04-04 17:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Raborn said: »
Got a question here and I can't seem to figure out the answer myself,
But do Indi and Geo spells stack on top of each other.

Like for instance at cap do Geo-Poison and Indi-Poison together = to 60/ hp a tick?
No, no combination of spells stack. Not two indi spells or one indi and a geo.
 Asura.Fitali
user: Fitali
By Asura.Fitali 2013-04-04 17:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So yea worst than cors

EDIT: let me put it "simple" in an alliance, where you going to put the GEO? all I can say "mages!" they will get refresh and mab! wow!.. DD'S?.. who you going to remove? the lolCOR? to give them fury and weak mob defense just for those DDs?

like I said before.. if they make their buff to affect alliance they will be "really" good.

You're right about the buffs and damage being meh but I believe what they are saying is that the lure of the Geo is going to be about debuffs. Also I think the math that Sylow did in another thread was showing that the defense down debuff would create more "dps" than an attack up buff from BRD/COR. Especially since the debuff is raid-wide while BRD/COR is limited to the PT.

I could have read it wrong though, but that's my take. To me it looks like at least 1 geo per alliance will be a HUGE dps increase for just one slot.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 17:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Fitali has it right. The def- affects the MOB not the party so the entire alliance of DD's is going to benefit from it (also it stacks with every form of def- in the game). That's very useful in practice. Especially with the 1h/h2h update.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-04 17:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bringing a DRG, GEO, and DNC to your alliance makes a 25% attack boost from Chaos Roll look like a 94% attack boost. Most people already bring a DRG, GEO can sit in the misc party and not upset anything, and with the ratio and level correction changes you might as well bring a DNC if you have a good one available and your melees do not solely consist of DRK.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 17:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as the nin stay at home, I'm fine bringing anyone!
[+]
By Gannonman 2013-04-04 22:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
I currently do not have magian staves, but plan on working on them very soon. Dark ring/refresh hairpin farming on geo:

Noticed something interesting while I was there also. Concentric Pulse gives ruby lights so I don't think it's magic based dmg.

Nice thanks for the SS, nice to see some actual numbers on the spells. Think the -ra II spells are worth it? Seems like tier IV's are pretty close in damage and saves quite a bit of MP compared to the -ra II's. Then again I haven't gotten to test it out, I'm just going off of what I see here.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 23:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gannonman said: »

Aren't the -ra spells AoE though?
By Gannonman 2013-04-04 23:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gannonman said: »

Aren't the -ra spells AoE though?

Good point I didn't even take that into consideration, was just looking at damage, wanting to see how tier IV stacked up against -ra II.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 23:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck if they are basically the strength of T4, but AoE that might be very useful.
By Gannonman 2013-04-04 23:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I agree, with the comparable numbers and the -ra's being AoE I guess it's time to get my butt farming up some gil.