Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Empy dagger
Empy dagger
By laydygaga 2013-03-27 04:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anyone who can give tips on how to get my 50 glavoid shells I will be mainly soloing and using my empy nin alt probably can just try to not fail brew it but it takes forever to get ki for pop
Not a lot of helpers on my server so I'm pretty sure it's solo for me

Thanks in advanced
 Odin.Treymok
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: atmarkham
By Odin.Treymok 2013-03-27 04:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill Glavoid 25-50 times.
[+]
By laydygaga 2013-03-27 04:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

He eats me :( like he is cells tail and I'm an android D:
[+]
 Bismarck.Amphion
Server: Bismarck
user: Amphion
By Bismarck.Amphion 2013-03-27 05:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty tough to do without a group. I'd focus on getting some dedicated people first that can benefit from this too.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-03-27 05:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Make 18 mil and buy them for 350k a piece. That's what I'll be doing for Glavoid and Itz.
By laydygaga 2013-03-27 05:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like someone should buy my pulse cell : mu
 Bahamut.Mayoyama
Server: Bahamut
user: Mayoyama
By Bahamut.Mayoyama 2013-03-27 05:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A decent WHM+NIN duo can do glavoids just fine (I dualbox it myself, takes about 3-5 min per kill as long as he's not being a *** with physical shield on blood weapon).. a big help is /dnc for flourishes (try flourish gorge/disgorge/stonega IV), make sure to turn every time it does a tp move.. and keep migawari up in the event of gorge/disgorge

Having the whm put debuffs like paralyze and addle also do help.

NB: DO NOT buff before fighting it (unless you have a reliable source of dispel).. it will only absorb the buffs and make your fight that much harder
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-03-27 05:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Another good job for Glavoid is BLU. Stuns galore, along with dispels and erases and magic defense. I've come close to soloing him before, but I always manage to whiff one stun and let a disgorge completely demolish me.

With a good hybrid eva set and a WHM friend/mule he'll be a cakewalk.
 Cerberus.Keeo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Keeo 2013-03-27 06:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done Glavoide for Dagger and 5 shells from finishing GA.

I dual boxed most but got some help at times. There’s always someone that will help you if you return the favor.

KI are not too bad there are just lots of NM’s to kill to get them.
Ether farm the pop items to pop the KI NM’s or buy them from ah. I farmed most of mine.

I killed the KI NMS on NIN/WAR with WHM/BLM mule with little difficulty with a slightly better than abyssea average NIN no empy. After, I changed to THF/DNC and WHM/BLM mule for the Glav kill.
I used RR, Apoc, SS atmas. SS probably was not needed but I like the extra HP for Glav. In all honest though if he Disgorges you its luck if you stay alive.

I popped Glav and pulled it just south of flux 8 where you can tank it with your back against a wall and keep your WHM just in casting range.

Fight is pretty straight forward. Build a few steps so you can violent flourish. For safety save TP until he casts you don’t want to be curing him. Keep your eye on the chat log. As soon as you see Disgorge use violent flourish it has a higher than normal charge time and is pretty easy to stun. If you are pretty good at dual boxing you can also use WHM/BLM as back up stun that way you can stun his heavy nukes too. If not then just eat the nukes and be quick with the cures.

The only issue you could have is when Glav is in low hp blood weapon has a hate reset and he is going to go for your WHM that probably just cured you. It can be 1 of 2 modes negates Physical or magical damage for around 30 seconds this can be troublesome if he is negate physical damage mode as you need to get hate back quick. Don’t panic ether cure bomb yourself on WHM until the effect wares or Accomplice/Collaborator, Bully or animated flourish until you have hate again. He will only attack in this mode so you should be able to evade most of his attacks.

If he is in negate magic damage I see this as a free 30 seconds of as much damage as you can, take care though as soon as blood weapon wares he is very likely to follow up with another tp move “Disgorge”.
If you’re brewing you would want to do it on THF and can easily brew 2 pops 3 depending on what mode he goes in to for blood weapon. Don’t spam your WS and you will be fine just take it easy and take care of his TP moves if you cure him he is most likely going back to 100% HP.

Sorry about the wall of text :/

Good Luck!
[+]
By laydygaga 2013-03-27 06:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Keeo said: »
I have done Glavoide for Dagger and 5 shells from finishing GA.

I dual boxed most but got some help at times. There’s always someone that will help you if you return the favor.

KI are not too bad there are just lots of NM’s to kill to get them.
Ether farm the pop items to pop the KI NM’s or buy them from ah. I farmed most of mine.

I killed the KI NMS on NIN/WAR with WHM/BLM mule with little difficulty with a slightly better than abyssea average NIN no empy. After, I changed to THF/DNC and WHM/BLM mule for the Glav kill.
I used RR, Apoc, SS atmas. SS probably was not needed but I like the extra HP for Glav. In all honest though if he Disgorges you its luck if you stay alive.

I popped Glav and pulled it just south of flux 8 where you can tank it with your back against a wall and keep your WHM just in casting range.

Fight is pretty straight forward. Build a few steps so you can violent flourish. For safety save TP until he casts you don’t want to be curing him. Keep your eye on the chat log. As soon as you see Disgorge use violent flourish it has a higher than normal charge time and is pretty easy to stun. If you are pretty good at dual boxing you can also use WHM/BLM as back up stun that way you can stun his heavy nukes too. If not then just eat the nukes and be quick with the cures.

The only issue you could have is when Glav is in low hp blood weapon has a hate reset and he is going to go for your WHM that probably just cured you. It can be 1 of 2 modes negates Physical or magical damage for around 30 seconds this can be troublesome if he is negate physical damage mode as you need to get hate back quick. Don’t panic ether cure bomb yourself on WHM until the effect wares or Accomplice/Collaborator, Bully or animated flourish until you have hate again. He will only attack in this mode so you should be able to evade most of his attacks.

If he is in negate magic damage I see this as a free 30 seconds of as much damage as you can, take care though as soon as blood weapon wares he is very likely to follow up with another tp move “Disgorge”.
If you’re brewing you would want to do it on THF and can easily brew 2 pops 3 depending on what mode he goes in to for blood weapon. Don’t spam your WS and you will be fine just take it easy and take care of his TP moves if you cure him he is most likely going back to 100% HP.

Sorry about the wall of text :/

Good Luck!

You're my new favorite
By laydygaga 2013-03-27 06:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried duo boxing him once but mainly kept on my whm and not my nin so that's probably a mistake since I wasn't stunning a whole lot but I have a bst also was kinda scheming bst and nin duo but ima try whm first

The nin isn't mine so I'm not the best with it but its a great nin and did a few low man sobeks with it and learned about multi red proccing so maybe that will help as well!

I just never get to use my dnc for anything and I love it so getting this will rock for me :) thanks for the help!
 Cerberus.Keeo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Keeo 2013-03-27 06:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make sure you turn when he is readying a TP move as he absorbs phsyical damage and then gains a stonskin effect of how much he was healed it can make the fight go on for longer than it should. Its why he's a little annoying when your jumping from one character to another to heal yourself.

Also the amount you heal him effects disgorge damage, apparantly. But your never going to find out because you will stun every one :P

After you have done a few you will get used to his timings.
By laydygaga 2013-03-27 09:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiffy hopefully that combined with red !! Stun locking him I can take him down

I also trod a fail brew of 2 of then lol it was super ugly

I feel 2v1 will work better instead of brew 1v2 and 1 random aggro of the other nm worm
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2013-03-27 09:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Keeo said: »
Also the amount you heal him effects disgorge damage, apparantly.
Not really

And if you don't care about how you kill it phalanx 2 used to eat up disgorge/gorge, I'm not sure if they changed it. You could legit just auto attack it to death without a care in the world. If they haven't changed it
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-27 09:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They changed it months ago (maybe over a year now). Glavoid isn't hard anyway. Use Stun or soak up the damage. Hope he doesn't do a freak 18k one to you.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-03-27 09:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

nin + whm and migawari tank him.

only face him when migawari is up. turn to avoid tp feed while its down.
[+]