Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Graphics
Graphics
 Shiva.Jirachi
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-03-13 03:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ive heard about using Regedit to improve the graphics of ffxi or using the ffxiconfig, but im having some issues, ffxiconfig is in a zipped folder that needs to be extracted or ran in order to get to, doing so copys all files in the folder which takes 3.39 gigs on my laptop. using Regedit, it keeps giving me errors saying i cannot edit any of the files, how do i fix this?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-13 03:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Graphics

This will tell you everything you need to know about using the Registry Editor to tweak FFXI.

If you're not comfortable with doing that, and wish not to use Windower, then there is an alternative for you.

http://www.ffxicalculator.com/

Quote:
Please Note: FFXI Calculator does not make any attempt to interface with either the files or applications of PlayOnline or Final Fantasy XI. As a result, running and using this program is not against the Final Fantasy XI ToS. Furthermore, FFXI Calculator will not scan or record any information, interface with any internet-capable application, or make any attempt to connect to the internet other than through user-approved update checks. You can rest assured that this program is safe and free of any malware.

Not only will this allow you to adjust the settings for FFXI, but you'll get a wide variety of calculators that you can use to personally keep track of your progress in game.
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-03-13 03:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been to the Wiki Graphics, but when i try to enter a any number inplace of the default "640" while in decimal check box, it tells me it had an error writing the new content :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-13 03:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you currently running FFXI? If so you'll need to first close out of it.
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-03-13 03:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No i closed it and the Regedit and reopened regedit to try to change :/ still no luck ><
thats about how my game looks when i get the slightest big of lag :/
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-03-13 04:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

k got ffxi config to work, lets play with the graphic settings and see if i can un minecraft ffxi! :D
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-03-13 05:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't you just use windower?
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-03-13 05:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i have windower on another computer and it makes my char almost 3d like but makes everything else 2d like, its pretty weird.