Link | Quote | Reply

as title says anyone sell ridills?? pm price
 Carbuncle.Viewpoint
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: SNK
By Carbuncle.Viewpoint 2013-03-12 02:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well 1st off it's Ridill and secondly, how much are you even willing to pay for a sword that's kinda outdated. I mean yeah it's a Rank 1 prize this year but anyone who picks that is a bonafide retard.

Don't get me wrong, I still use mine on trash mobs when screwing around on BST but for serious stuff it's kinda worthless. :|
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-03-12 03:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you're looking for ways to get aftermath back up easier with Aymur, I would just skip the ridill entirely and shoot for a Kclub. Much better results.
 Carbuncle.Viewpoint
By Carbuncle.Viewpoint 2013-03-12 07:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I was guessing also.
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2013-03-12 20:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

but but but... the ridill is blue!!!!!!!
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2013-03-13 03:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

well yea ultimately the KC is easier but the ridill would do a good job i nthe time being as well, price wise i don really no, whats the going prices nowadays anyways???
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-03-13 03:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with buying a ridill is the fact that the drop rate is so incredibly rare. The number of pops it could take to get you one could actually end up being worth a large portion of a kclub pending on sweet tea drop rates. Fafnir Dragon's Aery 89 out of 4130 2.2%.
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2013-03-13 03:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

*shrug* I've only ever once killed faf and went 1/1 on Ridill...
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-03-13 04:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously possible, but statistics don't lie. It has a lower drop rate than dring.
 Carbuncle.Viewpoint
By Carbuncle.Viewpoint 2013-03-13 04:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Chibiclone said: »
*shrug* I've only ever once killed faf and went 1/1 on Ridill...

And I've killed Fafnir god knows how many times since 2004 and I've seen no less then 12 Ridills in that entire time one of which was mine which dropped to me 3 days before they changed the pop conditions of kings.

It's stupid rare and even so it won't be a cheap item if you do get someone to sell it to you. I'm thinking along the range of 30/40 mil for an item that's obviously rare as hell to get these days so much they inculded it in the last vanacenus. :(
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-03-13 04:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn has seen well over 20 Ridills in the span of 8 months back in 2008-2009.

We used to get one every 14 days exactly (5 in a row) back when I got mine. Not saying the drop rate isn't abysmal, but Ridill didn't use to be that rare back in King days.

That being said, I have had a pretty good streak on D ring, too, so I guess I'm just a lucky *** (I am).

Advices are good though, you'd find the money to buy a KC faster than you'd find a Ridill, also it has more uses than Ridill nowadays if I'm correct.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-03-13 04:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm fairly sure that they lowered the drop rate on ridill after making it a ??? spawn. Also correct, KC will have a lot more practical use than a ridill. I'm not exactly sure how often you would be able to use either on bst, but it should be the best option if accuracy isn't suffering.
 Carbuncle.Viewpoint
By Carbuncle.Viewpoint 2013-03-13 06:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering most content BST will be meleeing isn't Legion or Odin II worthy, I'd say the K-club would be much easier to work with. Ridill imo is one of those items you should never, ever hope to get outside of a fluke.