First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 262 263 264
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-14 13:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tabard is a pretty nice exent piece, boots for pdt if don't have plumb. Hands depend on the set I suppose. Chapeau has too low dw to matter I think, but I'm not 100% sure about it since I haven't investigated at all on this.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 13:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Tabard is a pretty nice exent piece, boots for pdt if don't have plumb. Hands depend on the set I suppose. Chapeau has too low dw to matter I think, but I'm not 100% sure about it since I haven't investigated at all on this.

So they are all literally situational and don't offer a decent upgrade to Evisceration, TP or SATA? :(
 Sylph.Malizia
Server: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-04-14 14:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
So they are all literally situational and don't offer a decent upgrade to Evisceration, TP or SATA? :(
Well, everything's situational, what did you expect? :p

TP:
Just from eyeballing, Thurandaut tabard is going to be better than raider's vest +2 if you're still using that, but Thaumas coat will serve you better in the long run. Thurandaut chapeau doesn't have enough Dual Wield (only 3%) to make it a better replacement for anything, and Thurandaut gloves doesn't have enough haste to work in most sets.

Evisceration:
I haven't finished the Evisceration set, but Thurandaut chapeau is probably best in slot there. Thurandaut gloves is probably best in slot unless you're stacking SA, in which case you most likely want raider's armlets +2.

SA/TA:
I'm assuming you're talking about these, solo? If you are, you can look at the sets in the guide, they actually are updated with the new gear (in fact all the sets are updated). Only Thurandaut tabard is best in slot here.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-14 14:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't you wanna use Athos body for the crit damage on sata?

And not entirely sure chapeau beats oce+1 if using toci on evis.
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-04-14 14:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The haste, 17 STR, and 15 attack generally makes Thurandaut pull ahead of Athos, even with Athos' crit damage bonus. If you're attack capped I could see Athos being better for single-hit damage, but even then normally you want the haste for overall better DPS.

And chapeau vs. Ocelomeh +1? I don't know either :p I haven't spreadsheeted any sets yet! But if you look back around page 2 of this thread, the old best-in-slot was most likely Skadi's visor +1... which doesn't improve the chapeau's chances of being best in slot.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 14:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malizia said: »
Well, everything's situational, what did you expect? :p

TP:
Just from eyeballing, Thurandaut tabard is going to be better than raider's vest +2 if you're still using that, but Thaumas coat will serve you better in the long run. Thurandaut chapeau doesn't have enough Dual Wield (only 3%) to make it a better replacement for anything, and Thurandaut gloves doesn't have enough haste to work in most sets.

Evisceration:
I haven't finished the Evisceration set, but Thurandaut chapeau is probably best in slot there. Thurandaut gloves is probably best in slot unless you're stacking SA, in which case you most likely want raider's armlets +2.

SA/TA:
I'm assuming you're talking about these, solo? If you are, you can look at the sets in the guide, they actually are updated with the new gear (in fact all the sets are updated). Only Thurandaut tabard is best in slot here.

Thanks! Appreciated.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-14 14:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malizia said: »
Evisceration:

Don't forget about the set bonus crit rate +3% with skadi body+1.

I dont think id swap in any thurandaut gear over what I posted for an Abys and VW evis builds on pg2. Forgot to mention there to swap in af2+2 augmented feet if using *** charge evis.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 14:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I just got the Chapeau purely for the dex (Because I am too cheap to get Ocelomeh +1) and I feel it is definitely worth using it for SA, and probably Evisceration.

My THF is not my main job, it is secondary to my DRK, but I like to keep it reasonably updated. One thing I did notice in your Goal SA set, why have you got Love Torque in there over Moepapa Medal?

Edit: Also in TA sets, what about Sveltesse Gouriz or Aisance Mantle +1?
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-14 14:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Inv space limitations more than likely, also houy.. neck has the 6 agi and some acc which makes it slightly better than Moepapa for exent. And love torque isnt a bad tp neck piece if its for something you're concerned over using rancor collar, or you dont have portus collar yet.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-14 14:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aisance/vigilance mantle+1 slightly inferior to aife but both much cheaper, saves 1 inv space to carry aife, or just get a cavaros for free.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 14:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking about Sneak Attack. How does DEX+5 from Love Torque beat the DEX+6 from Moepapa?

Ninja edit: I guess it is to do with the extra attack you get from the dagger skill?
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-14 15:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you asked, im saying love torque was probably left in there due to optimizing overall gear and inv space limitations. Remember love torque is also giving 7 attk.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 15:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Twilight? Why are sets using Twilight Belt for TA solo when you can get something which raises AGI and attack? I guess haste is still important for them mere seconds you switch to SA or TA set?
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-14 15:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally just for the haste, same for the dw on skadi body over using athos. Besides you shouldnt worry too much about your stand alone sa and ta builds, most of the time these should be used to lvl up th, where you would use af2+2 hands over af1+1/af3+2 and af3+2 feet. I never find myself actually using af1+1 hands anymore, if im doing a solo ta its to lvl up th, or its for mercy.

Also even in dynamis where you are relying off your own buffs, haste from oynos and haste samba, using the ideal tp set posted its counterproductive to even do solo sa's when you dont have the tp to mercy instead of just remaining in tp gear and finishing the mob off. Overall you wont be getting that much extra dmg in there by swapping gear to sa then swap back to tp gear especially if you tp in thaumas/epona etc, its best just to not bother.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 15:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. I have played THF for a number of years now, and I was always told to stack as much DEX or AGI as you can possibly find, but I see your point. It's not as important in the modern day due to the crazy amount of damage THF can do without using SATA. It is making sense now, thanks for the explanation.

I guess I would be safe to sell off my Cuchalains? :)

I have a Ghillie Earring +1, is that better then a Drone? (I do not have a Suppa, because my main job is DRK and I use Abyssal in my Dark Magic set)
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-14 15:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be a good idea perhaps to swap earrings even if you love drk alot. Im no drk(do have blm though) but im sure thats not something anyone suggests you have or you even really need. You meant for tp I assume on the earring question, ghille+1 >> drone and for exent too unless you dont require the attk.

Cant sell your cuchlain(sp?) belt yet until you got a wanion unless you never use evis on thf and dont have a cdc pld, the belt usually has more uses than just solo sa build, idk what else ur using it for.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 15:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I don't have a Mandau on my THF. It is mostly just used for farming stuff and camping NMs, although it has been used a whole lot less lately.

I use my DRK more then any other job, and have 495 Dark Magic skill, which I use a hell of a lot, and it is the best Dark Magic piece in the earring slot. I can definitely understand why anyone who uses a dual wield job points to this, but my dark magic is more important to me.

Also I use Evisceration full time on THF. I did have Exenterator, but had to get rid of it due to getting Last Stand for my COR, and Ruinator on my BST. Desperately hoping they let us have more Merit WS soon.

On the subject of Evisceration, this is my current set. I know I need Skadi stuff, Tessaro Saio etc. Any other improvements to be made? (Ignore the daggers)

ItemSet 296793
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-04-14 15:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ghillie earring +1 beats drone earring for Exenterator, but not for solo TA. Also, Krsone is right about Twilight belt - it's just for the haste. You could sell Cuchulain's belt, but I like keeping it around for situations where I want to solo SA and I'm not meleeing, because then the haste doesn't matter at all.

Krsone is mostly right about love torque vs. moepapa medal - it does give the extra attack, but I was finding it to actually be better than Moepapa against non-attack-capped targets, so that's why I put it there. If you're fighting attack-capped things, Moepapa will obviously be better.

Edit: check out Krsone's Evisceration sets on page 2 of this thread. They should give you a really good idea of what to look for.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-04-14 15:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Loki's/Athos + Empy+2(SA)/AF+1(TA) best for Stacked Exenter if not I assume the set at the front is correct? Making sure if i have to edit any more macros for the new gear.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 15:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Evisceration questions.
Moonshade better then Ghillie +1?
Love Torque better then Soil Gorget?
Rancorous better then Atheling?

TA question.
Thurandaut Gloves better then AF+1? (AGI+14 vs Increase TA damage)
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-14 16:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How does evisceration stack against Exen with that gear?
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-14 16:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I did mention moonshade with tp bonus and 4 attk does beat ghille +1 but thats my 300tp vw evis macro, otherwise moonshade is better. Also jupiters pearl could be an option for 300tp ws when attk from ghille isnt required.

How does it stack up against exent?

Some people say evis is only for abys, but depending on buffs in events like legion and vw evis will win. Highest evis in that evis vw build on lolceleano for 5.7k. Parse comparison on exent vs evis on qilin using "ideal" exent set, evis won by only around 60dmg though(no rogues roll). When you add a roll like this it would push evis higher than what you could get out of exent id imagine unless the mob has -crit.

I cant personally parse myself to confirm all of this but there have been many other vw im eyeballing high evis for 3-5k akvan/pil etc. If someone can make similar sets to the current best exent build and compare it to my posted vw evis build who can parse more than just 6 qilin fights id be interested to hear their findings.

As for neck/back options, im only using love/rancor mantle as its what Austar suggested was a good combination, but it also obviously depends on the content as to which pieces you pick. Morta you'd probably wanna go with rancor collar and letalis mantle, prov chambers justicar and rancor mantle and ep mobs when not using exent probably nefarious/rancor mantle.

I just find in vw evis spikes make the job more fun than spamming exent.

Sry for delayed reply duoing ar2 with a sch friend who accidently subbed blm.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 00:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats some good information. I think I will just stick to Ghillie +1, Soil Gorget and Atheling for now.

What about Thurandaut though? Is it better then Rogue Hands +1 for Trick Attack?
Also I made a new tp set today, I feel like Thurandaut Gloves are a great replacement for Brego in the hand slot. I am at 26% and using AA feet +2.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 00:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my TP set now.

ItemSet 296841

Of course, no Suppa, already explained why. Anyway I feel the Thurandaut Body and Hands fit in extremely well for me. I do not have Tessara, Athos, or Khepri, and no idea when I will acquire any of those, so this will do for now. :) The tabard actually makes the Raiders Body+2 completely useless, which is crazy considering the amount of work you put in to acquire it compared to Thurandaut.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-04-15 06:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Great guide all, if you dont have Khepri or Toci, how does Thurandaut Tabard compare to say Loki's? also with Thurandaut Tabard having higher STR and a good chunck of ATT, hows it place in the list of body's available in the optimal set ups?
 Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh
user: Nahh
By Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh 2013-04-15 13:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my TP set now.

ItemSet 296841

Of course, no Suppa, already explained why. Anyway I feel the Thurandaut Body and Hands fit in extremely well for me. I do not have Tessara, Athos, or Khepri, and no idea when I will acquire any of those, so this will do for now. :) The tabard actually makes the Raiders Body+2 completely useless, which is crazy considering the amount of work you put in to acquire it compared to Thurandaut.
I'm curious to know if the set bonus from the raider's would affect the outcome vs. thura.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 20:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh said: »
This is my TP set now.

ItemSet 296841

I'm curious to know if the set bonus from the raider's would affect the outcome vs. thura.

You don't get capped haste using the full Raider's set, so no.
 Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh
user: Nahh
By Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh 2013-04-15 20:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh said: »
This is my TP set now.

ItemSet 296841

You don't get capped haste using the full Raider's set, so no.
I realize that, but they had spoke earlier in the thread about how capped haste had lost to the AF3+2 hands in certain builds.

Aside from that, I was speaking of using the Raider's body over the Thura body. I'm curious because your TP set looks almost identical to mine aside from a couple of pieces and I have the coins to +2 the body.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Thura body and hands too, lol. I use them both as well ^^;.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 23:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That has been argued quite a bit. I can't really see any reason to use the body now aside from augmenting Conspirator. If someone wants to correct me on that I would be happy knowing it has some use.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-15 23:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That has been argued quite a bit. I can't really see any reason to use the body now aside from augmenting Conspirator. If someone wants to correct me on that I would be happy knowing it has some use.

I idle in it, like the way it looks.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 262 263 264