For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 261 262 263
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2020-03-25 02:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

not to derail here for TH. But is there an updated guide for THF? I've alwaysed used mine for farming and never really geared it out more than I have to, however I've been contemplating doing so and mainly looking at what daggers and stuff to invest in.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 02:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Thief_Guide

Most of the things you need are there. Lacks new unm augmented gear. Of which only really HP+ is relevant.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-04 19:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For doing Odyssey with a party of friends, which weapons would you use on THF, among the options I have available?

Here are the Daggers I have available:
1) R15 Twash
2) R1 Aeneas
3) Tauret
4) Perf Taming Sari
5) Centovente

I tried Twash/Centovente and, at least on the first floors, my acc was capped with just Honor March and no sushi.

What is truly troubling me is that if I put Perf Taming Sari offhand, then I can free up one of my inventory slots for better DPS gear, whereas with a different offhand I need 2 slots to reach TH+5 in gear.
So I dunno, what would you guys use?
I was sorta leaning for Aeneas/TamingSari.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-04-16 02:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Most of the things you need are there. Lacks new unm augmented gear. Of which only really HP+ is relevant.

Seems like it’s missing Malignance as well. :(
 Asura.Keshan
user: Ready
By Asura.Keshan 2020-05-09 21:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I would also like to know how the Malignance set is utilized for THF sets, aside from a DT set. I was pointed to the https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/PDIF page, but that just left me feeling dumb.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-09 22:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda of a *** thing to do, but not totally inaccurate.

Physical Damage Limit on gear is a multiplicative modifier to the pDif cap of your respective weapon type, applied after any additive physical damage limit traits.

For pure damage purposes, Malignance is mostly only good if the there's a huge disparity between your attack and enemy defense (pDif). Although they are excellent STP options as well.
 Odin.Taytar
Server: Odin
user: Bryan1218
By Odin.Taytar 2020-05-09 23:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've read alot of the back and forth about Gandring and it's limited uses.

Also read up on the specifics how TH works, being if you are wearing the same or higher number of TH than you had at one point tagging the mob you have a higher chance for upgrade.

So if you max your TH 8 when you engage but you have literally a full TH set to hopefully get your TH up to or around 12-14, wouldn't he Gandring be very helpful with that?

I'm about to start farming lillith on VE/E, getting that TH is appealing to me, but I feel like I'm missing something because no one else has said this. New to thief, any insight is appreciated.
By SimonSes 2020-05-10 03:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There is neverending story discussion if you need th8 full time to have higher chance for proccing up to th14 or you need th14 full time for that. In other words none really knows if gearing for more than th8 helps.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-10 06:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Some short tests someone has been doing (can find em if you surf some of the previous pages of this thread) seemed to hint that TPing with more than TH8 seems to moderately increase the chance to get a TH levelup.

The tests were way too short to define them conclusive or satisfying though, so in the end we're still not absolutely certain about that.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-05-10 07:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I ran the testing and it did indicate that higher values beyond TH 8 do increase TH proc rates by a small margin. But it wasn't a particularly significant increase and my samples ran for ~700 dagger swings each, taking 5 minutes of uninterrupted melee. The sample size was too small to be conclusive though, but the patterns were there. The average difference was only 1-2 levels of TH proc though, and given the amount of time it takes to show up I'm not sure how much content it would be practical to wear TH 14 worth of gear. It's completely irrelevant for dynamis farming because mobs die in seconds, and even on lillith and oother HTBF's you have to weigh the benefits of dragging out a single fight to increase drop rates by a fairly small amount versus just killing normally and cramming more fights into the same time span.

My opinion is that even if the system does work as the data indicates it's likely to, the amount of benefit you get from trying to wear higher TH values isn't very significant at all.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-10 07:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What i will do myself in the future for testing is running chars with different TH lvs while farming cards, so see if in the end i net more or less cards depending on TH sets.
By SimonSes 2020-05-10 07:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The only content that is could be worth going for max th is time gated content without time limit low enough to stop you from killing everything in zone. So for example swart farming in Omen.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-10 07:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh also, not sure if this was already known or not (I didn't know it!) but you don't get TH levelups if you hit a target for zero damage.
By Carlyle 2020-05-15 09:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As a relatively new Thief who is trying to gear up I'm wondering what pieces of Herculean gear I should be grabbing for the job during the campaign and what augments I should re-rolling for?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-05-15 09:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of some outdated sets, you should be aiming for this -

DM Campaign that is going on right now I would focus on Herc feet(Stacked and unstacked rudras), head, body for WSDMG+ (non stack rudras)

If you get quad atk I would keep those and get new pieces of herc to reroll on instead of using that same piece

DM is very random stuff so it's all over the place. You might get a refresh 2 piece that would be good for blu idle or Phalanx+4 that's good for Run. It's stupid random
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-17 06:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got some questions:

1) Other than Taeon (5% aug), Rawhide (5%, legs) and Herculean (6% aug) is there some FC option I'm forgetting about for the Legs and Feet slots? I guess no way you reach 80% FC on THF without the Main/Sub slots, right?

2) Supposing Perf Taming Sari Offhand and supposing a Scenario A (WS whenever possible) and Scenario B (WS only when TA/SA are up) which MH would provide the best DPS between Tauret, R1 Aeneas and R15 Twashtar?

Thanks!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-06-17 06:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
1) Other than Taeon (5% aug), Rawhide (5%, legs) and Herculean (6% aug) is there some FC option I'm forgetting about for the Legs and Feet slots?

Enif legs are FC+8%, assuming you're fine with non-ilevel defensive stats in the event you get caught in them. Also still BiS for DRK DRG PLD.

I think that's it for feet.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-17 08:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew nonilevel gear
Just EEEEEEWWWWWWW

But if there's one set where I can deem it "viable" to have one non-ilevel gear item, that's gotta be Precast.
Wonder how much it would take me to farm a pair.
Maybe a week? Would give me something to do at least, I'm bored lately.

Would be 3% FC more than my current option. Well, not too shabby. If it were just 1% I wouldn't bother probably but 3% it's okaysh.

Thanks Capu, I'll see if I can lazyna myself.
By Wotasu 2020-06-17 09:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

4 hours(cause Cosmo-Cleanse lockout) to get Proto-Omega pop set, +1h and then get lucky on drops.
Use the coins you got farming the popset to unlock potpourri Limbus II drops.
Use 5000 potpourri to get the Arch-Omega Hindlegs and trade both to Wulliam/William.
I did that last week.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-06-17 09:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently farmed a pair for DRK. I had good ol' Homam Legs on a Porter Slip, and had enough ABCs stashed to make a CS Apollyon II pop. Went in and popped Arch-Omega once, it dropped legs and head, turned it in to the Mhaura guy. Voila, FC legs.

If you already have the Homam piece (lv75 Homam + Arch-Omega part = lv99 Enif piece) it's not that bad. Just a matter of dropping ~2mil worth of ABCs per entry and getting a little lucky on the direct drop on a fast fight - it drops 2 pieces from head/hands/legs/feet (body is a separate drop slot), so not bad odds at all.

But yeah, if you don't have the old lv75 Homam piece, it could get annoying making Proto-Omega sets to farm that.

FWIW, I would have cared much less if it was just for my THF. I rarely even go /NIN, so my use of FC set on THF is minimal. DRK obviously casts more, so when I started cleaning up some sets for it I actually did care - THF being able to use was a nice little side benefit.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-17 10:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

FC on THF is for /BLM and Sleepga to apply TH in content.
I wouldn't care if it was for /NIN, I don't even remember last time I went /NIN on a job, must have been several years ago lol.

I even went as far as to make a Meva/FC mixed Cape for THF, something I've done only for a couple of my most important jobs. Which is quite peculiar, given how THF is towards the end of my "jobs I care for" list lol, but yeah I was at 58% FC before the cape and it was annoying me to be so slow in casting.
By SimonSes 2020-06-17 10:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

THF forced to go /blm and only play as TH ***. That must be a sad THF...

I simply do Aeolian :P
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-06-17 11:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast Cast set I parted out ~3 years ago. Not sure if much has improved, think it's 71% max THF can get (not counting main/sub slots), short of burning Dark Matter augments which can go to at least 7% from a skimming through the DM augment thread.
ItemSet 352675
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-17 11:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i assume you meant to put taeon tabard instead of the adhemar jacket?
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-06-17 11:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Adhemar body has a 10% FC augment on path D
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-17 11:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Personally I find it more unpractical for these reasons:
1) it requires you to have TP
2) it requires all targets to be in range
3) it wakes up slept targets

For me that makes it unuseable.
I still DPS a lot, on all red eyes and on most Wave2 targets.
Wave1... not much. But then again it goes for any job I suppose, those things die so fast in wave1 lol

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
i assume you meant to put taeon tabard instead of the adhemar jacket?
Nope, Adhemar Jacket +1 path D is 10% FC, which is 1% more than Taeon (4% base, 5% aug)

@Indigla
What's that Moblin Belt?
Your set is pretty much the same as mine, other than the already mentioned legs and the Weatherspoon Ring +1 which appearently you don't own.
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-06-17 11:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What's that Moblin Belt?
You can get that from doing that Moblin Maze Monger voucher 05 type where you lead the goblin around on his quest. It's soloable but takes practice to get your efficiency to the point where you're completing well enough to get the best belt. Random augs will roll on it, one of which being a FC +1%.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-17 11:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems an unproportional amount of work to the amount of benefit given.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-17 12:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

THF forced to go /blm and only play as TH ***. That must be a sad THF...

Some folks just sub DRK and use Poisonga. With a strictly TH and no MAcc, poison should almost never land so you’d be free to TH tag with low risk.

Some RUNs use DRK sub for AoE enmity tagging as well. Just options.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-17 13:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
What's that Moblin Belt?
You can get that from doing that Moblin Maze Monger voucher 05 type where you lead the goblin around on his quest. It's soloable but takes practice to get your efficiency to the point where you're completing well enough to get the best belt. Random augs will roll on it, one of which being a FC +1%.
Ok so translated: "Yes Sechs, there is no fc option on waist for THF atm"

xD xD xD
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 261 262 263