For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 215 216 217 ... 262 263 264
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2020-02-06 21:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's using a TP-battery. Common strat, like meleeing a weak mob to get tp to hit a boss.

Gyves can't use tp moves, so you build tp on them and eviscerate lilith so you minimize her ability to kill you.

(this can cause other issues, like maintaining enmity on lilith without being able to melee her via provoke or flourish etc, can lead to trust whms getting wrecked) Just something to be mindful of.

Hey Thanks for explaining that!
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-14 10:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got a small question about lolEvisceration.

I'm currently WSing in 4/5 Mummu+2 and Abnoba Kaftan in the body slot.
Noticed though that I have Pillager's Head +3 and Legs +3.
Anybody tested how they perform against Mummu+2 in those two slots?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-14 10:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Evisceration already has a very high crit rate, any slot you can get some crit damage into is going to improve numbers.

AF+3 legs over mummu+2 legs isn't even questionable, head should be adhemar, but of those 2 options Af+3
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-02-14 10:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I've got a small question about lolEvisceration.

I'm currently WSing in 4/5 Mummu+2 and Abnoba Kaftan in the body slot.
Noticed though that I have Pillager's Head +3 and Legs +3.
Anybody tested how they perform against Mummu+2 in those two slots?
I use the +3 legs in my evis set, but I can't say how it would compare to your setup because I also only use Mummu in the hands slot
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-14 10:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, thanks guys.
Out of curiosity which earrings do you use for Evis?
Brutal, Moonshade, Sherida, Odr?
I guess Sherida and Odr should win? Moonshade's TP bonus is nice but shouldn't really add too much damage given the poor TP scaling with the crit rate, right?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-02-14 10:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use currently. Who knows if it's optimal or the best:

ItemSet 371363
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-14 10:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I forgot about Mummu Ring, I'm currently using Regal/Ilabrat but I think I'll swap one out for Mummu, nice find thanks!
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-18 09:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some testing on evisceration a while back and I can say with full confidence this is as close to the optimal build as you can get.

ItemSet 348286

Sherida earring and Mache +1 are interchangable, but Mache has more accuracy so it gets a small edge. Odr earring is best in slot for the second earring; no question asked. Likewise, Illabrat, Mummu, Regal, and Begrudging Rings are pretty interchangable. In my testing Illabrat outperformed Begrudging ring though, and that's because the crit rate is already pushing 75-80% WITHOUT Begrudging's crit mod. That's why I cut moonshade earring for Mache +1, but moonshade is also comparable and works just fine. Mummu Feet +2 can give Adhemar +1 a run for the money, but adhemar gamashes +1 does win out because of the set bonus pairing with the bonnet. None of the other slots have any sebmlece of competetion and are guaranteed to be best in slot. And yes, artifact legs +3 is absolutely better than mummu because of the crit damage. It also has a nice chunk of accuracy, dex, strength, attack and even some triple attack to boot.

By the way, unless my attack is pumped through the roof my eviscerations at 1K are on par with twashters non stacked rudra's at close to 2k with this set on most content. If my attack is capped via "all the good stuff" non stacked rudra's still pulls ahead, but it takes a LOT of attack to get to that point and it's still relatively close. Evisceration is extremely reliable with this build, and that's using Twashtar main. Tauret gets even more out of it.
[+]
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-02-18 09:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Tauret gets even more out of it.

Ya with my R0 twash and tauret, I find myself switching them between main and sub quite frequently.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-02-23 14:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

how much dex = wsd for rudra's storm purposes? Sorry, I don't really understand what the 80% stat modifier and all of that means
By SimonSes 2020-02-23 14:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
how much dex = wsd for rudra's storm purposes? Sorry, I don't really understand what the 80% stat modifier and all of that means

That value is not static.
It depends how much WSD and how much DEX you already have.
By SimonSes 2020-02-23 15:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mummu Feet +2 can give Adhemar +1 a run for the money, but adhemar gamashes +1 does win out because of the set bonus pairing with the bonnet.

Herculean Feet with Crit Damage +5%/Dex+10 are another option and probably bis by a small margin (but obviously you need some luck to get that).

Regal Ring is generally slightly better than Ilabrat for WS damage itself because it has same DEX but higher att/acc/STR, but 5sTP on Ilabrat can maybe even that out in overall dps.

For really high level mobs when you still have uncapped dDEX with that set, +2 neck will be better than Fotia, but it's hard to predict that scenario (maybe wave 3 NMs and wave 2-3 THF trash/NMs? Idk)
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-24 14:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
For really high level mobs when you still have uncapped dDEX with that set, +2 neck will be better than Fotia, but it's hard to predict that scenario (maybe wave 3 NMs and wave 2-3 THF trash/NMs? Idk)

If you're getting buffed correctly rudra's performs better on higher level mobs than evisceration anyway. My dynamis group full clears wave 2 and 3 twice a week so I've had plenty of time fighting the SU5 category of mob over the past few months. Unstacked evisceration and rudra's are both pretty comparable up to a certain point, but when mob's stats start pushing wave 3 levels evisceration starts falling off. It doesn't matter which weaponskill I throw out on most of the wave 2 mobs, be it evisceration or rudra's they're both very similar. But come wave 3 rudra's has a massive edge over evisceration. And that's not because I'm whiffing my swings either, but because of the difference in mechanics between the two weaponskills.

I agree on the herculean feet augment as well. But I've been devoting my dark matter campaign augs to a better rudra's piece. The feet slot is the biggest area where you can push your rudra's set, and I've got WSD +9 so far. I'd really like to see WSD 10 though, ideally with some attack.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-02-24 15:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

agree on the herculean feet augment as well. But I've been devoting my dark matter campaign augs to a better rudra's piece. The feet slot is the biggest aresa where you can push your rudra's set, and I've got WSD +9 so far. I'd really like to see WSD 10 though, ideally with some attack

Would these feet outdo hq lust?

Also, what other slots with good augs would outdo other options for rudras?
By Boshi 2020-02-24 16:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yes those with relic legs
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-24 16:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Would these feet outdo hq lust?

Yes. 9% WSD on Herculean Feet is already better than HQ Lustratio. The extra attack is an added bonus.
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2020-02-24 22:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Melphina, what do your TP sets for thf look like for Wave 1,2,3 in Dynamis D? I was wondering about how much DT gear you need in a TP set for the different waves. Also what do you sub?

Thanks.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-25 01:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't need any regular DT in wave 1 or 2, though I have been too lazy to unlock Odin HTBF and still TP in 2 Moonlight rings, add on Ambu cape and that means I have at least 20% PDT at all times.

For wave 3 I actually am fairly similar, I will normally mash my PDT set if I'm doing a WS early in a fight and know I'll pull hate instead of run a real hybrid set, but I haven't done much wave 3 since Lilith came out, which would allow me a more proper hybrid set. I also sub DRG for wave 3 boss clears. It allows us to collaborator and then high jump, which will remove hate on another DD and myself and allow us to stay below the enmity cap for longer.
[+]
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2020-02-25 02:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
You shouldn't need any regular DT in wave 1 or 2, though I have been too lazy to unlock Odin HTBF and still TP in 2 Moonlight rings, add on Ambu cape and that means I have at least 20% PDT at all times.

For wave 3 I actually am fairly similar, I will normally mash my PDT set if I'm doing a WS early in a fight and know I'll pull hate instead of run a real hybrid set, but I haven't done much wave 3 since Lilith came out, which would allow me a more proper hybrid set. I also sub DRG for wave 3 boss clears. It allows us to collaborator and then high jump, which will remove hate on another DD and myself and allow us to stay below the enmity cap for longer.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.
By SimonSes 2020-02-25 09:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree on the herculean feet augment as well. But I've been devoting my dark matter campaign augs to a better rudra's piece.

5%CritDamage/10Dex is not a DM augment. It's Fern stone augment.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-25 11:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Melphina, what do your TP sets for thf look like for Wave 1,2,3 in Dynamis D? I was wondering about how much DT gear you need in a TP set for the different waves. Also what do you sub?

Thanks.

We skip wave 1 entirely so we can get full wave 2 and 3 farms in. There isn't enough time in the run to clear all 3 waves and the latter 2 are the most profitable. I'll answer each question in turn.

First off, This is my wave 2 TP set

ItemSet 371496

And this is wave 3

ItemSet 371497

I sub dragoon in Windy, Jeuno, and Bastok, but in Sandoria I sub ninja because of Halphas. He's a special consideration and I much prefer to contribute to a clean mid boss kill. We have two exceptionally geared dark knights that do the same. Trust me, it's worth it.

This is my SA or TA Rudra's set

ItemSet 348287

I haven't bothered making a profile for my non stacked build since the only swap is the ammo. I use Aurgelmir orb +1 instead of Yetshila +1 now that I have it, but that's a luxury piece I bought last week. I was using Cath Palug Stone up until then and that's the defacto goal for your unstacked rudra's ammo slot. My Herculean feet have WSD +9 aug from the dark matter campaign as I said earlier. Otherwise Lustratio +1 is BIS for the feet. I also posted my Evisceration set just above.

All of my other gear sets are current and up to date on my profile, so if you're interested in any of them just have a look. Aside from a few luxury items the bulk of it is pretty much what you want to try and run with, and my dyna builds are only minor alterations of my standard TP set. In Dyna D I fulltime plunderer's armlets +3 with Taming Sari offhand to get TH +8 on everything I touch, which means adhemar bonnet +1 doesn't get its set bonus anymore. So I've adjusted my wave 2 build to use the relic cap +3 instead. Relic cap is a big pile of stats and I get full damage buffs on wave 2 so the extra accuracy actually comes in handy on the more evasive things like thief NMs. On wave 3 I use most of my malignance but I still keep the armlets for maximum treasure hunter because who doesn't want more stalwart crystals in their split at the end of the run? Like the relic hat, our relic gloves are also a big pile of stats and I do endorse their fulltime use in dynamis for the extra drops.

These sets serve me well and are about as close to being perfect as I can get them. Any tweaks would mainly involve minor accessory swaps, and apart from centovente and adhemar gloves/bonnet there isn't a lot I do different outside dynamis than in. It's enough to firmly put me in our linkshell's "top 3" category, along with the two dark knights I mentioned earlier. We consistently end up within a percentage point or two from each other, and I'm more than happy with those results.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-25 11:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

plunderer's vest +3 for TP? is that for aftermath? cool.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-25 12:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Plunderer's Vest +3 for TP? is that for aftermath? cool.

No, that was an oversight. It was supposed to be Pillager's vest +3. I just put that itemset together before making that post specifically to respond to Silvannesti's question, but I don't mind keeping it on hand for future reference. That's been edited. I also went through my other gear sets to make sure there weren't any similar issues, but else everything looks good to me. Good catch though. Thank you for pointing it out.
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2020-02-25 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Melphina for the detailed response. Very much appreciated!
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-02-25 14:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason why would you not swap out a herc body with wsdmg and dex for unstacked rudras?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-25 14:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had a herc body like that you would use it unstacked, for sure.

If you're talking about mel's set
Quote:
This is my SA or TA Rudra's set
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-25 15:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Any reason why would you not swap out a herc body with wsdmg and dex for unstacked rudras?

You would.

EDIT: Originally I said some stuff here about my current herc body being dedicated to my aeolian edge build and not owning a second one yet. Apparently I had more domain invasion points saved than I thought so I was able to pick up a second herc vest as soon as I got home. Got a pretty solid augment from Oseem on it too. No attack but I'll take it.

I've updated my profile with an unstacked rudra's set accordingly. This is what you would want in your unstacked rudra's body in lieu of dark matter augments. I never account for them in my standard gear lists, so discussion about them is always reserved for special cases. The ideal unstacked rudra's would look something like this

ItemSet 371520

I've got a strong enough dark matter campaign aug to use herculean feet in lieu of Lustratio +1. The only slot where non dark matter augments are better than alternative pieces in an unstacked rudra's set is the body though. Lustratio Feet +1 outperforms all normal quality herculean feet augments period, and the same goes for meghanada gloves +2, relic legs +3, and artifact hat +3. You need a pretty powerful dark matter augment to beat any of the pieces listed. The feet and body are the biggest areas where a dark matter campaign aug can upgrade your rudras set. It's difficult for even the strongest dark matter augs to compete with meghanada gloves +2, relic legs +3, and artifact hat +3, so I highly recommend focusing dark matter augs on other things before trying to upgrade those.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-25 16:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we're talking unstacked, you'll really want to try to get acc on it too. That being said, I hate you! I can't ever get WSD 5, much less WSD 5 AND relevant stat 10......

Geez!

Edit: I don't really hate you!

Edit2: This is the best I've gotten (obviously taupe, so would have been awesome with +4 WSD)
Code
gear.herculean.vest.dexwsd = {name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Accuracy+9','Weapon skill damage +3%','DEX+15','Attack+8',}}
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-25 17:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

MAGA add on makes it easy to throw a bunch of stones at Oseem within a short time frame. But with that said... I got lucky. I got that augment after just 62 attempts. Fern stones are hellishly expensive compared to pellucid so I think I'll just stop there and let bygons be bygons. If I manage to get weaponskill damage +10 on my herc feet during the dark matter campaign I'll consider trying for a dark matter herc vest aug, but I don't have high hopes for even the feet right now so the vest is probably never gonna happen. This is more than sufficient though and I'm very happy with it.
First Page 2 3 ... 215 216 217 ... 262 263 264