Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-13 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

tentakelspeer said: »
Can someone tell me what's the AF+3 TA+20 Bonus is?

Emnity?
Flat damage (lol)?
%?

It increases the impact of AGI to Trick Attack by 20%.
By Nyarlko 2019-01-16 21:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I THF cleave Omen, had a video last page but guess Twitch got rid of the video already. Evasion set and the trash is really quickly done. Usually just flee pull all packs on floor 4, perfect dodge, and AE everything down in 2-4 ws with no risk.

Does PD "dodge" count for the TP gain effect?
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-16 22:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
I THF cleave Omen, had a video last page but guess Twitch got rid of the video already. Evasion set and the trash is really quickly done. Usually just flee pull all packs on floor 4, perfect dodge, and AE everything down in 2-4 ws with no risk.

Does PD "dodge" count for the TP gain effect?

Just tested it. Evasion from both shadows and PD gives you TP via Gandring.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-17 01:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's one of those silly scenarios where it's AMAZING for farming, but you know, it costs you a shitton of farming to get in the first place. Aby cleaving is so much easier on THF now, but who is spending that much gil to Aby cleave...lol
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-17 04:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's one of those silly scenarios where it's AMAZING for farming, but you know, it costs you a shitton of farming to get in the first place. Aby cleaving is so much easier on THF now, but who is spending that much gil to Aby cleave...lol

But it looks neat and other-worldy
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-17 07:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

tentakelspeer said: »
Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »

But it looks neat and other-worldy

Imo the new weapons look like some early 00's edgelord tribal stuff :-D!

So perfect for FFXI players.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-01-29 12:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So here's a question. I've managed to get a pretty strong weaponskill augment on my herculean boots; Dex +9, attack + 13, weaponskill damage + 5%. So total of 33 dex, 23 attack, 5% wsd. How does that stack up against lustratio leggings +1 with a nearly optimized rudra's set like this one. I'm having a hard time measuuring the difference between the two pieces.

ItemSet 348287

Twashtar is I119 for now with no extra progression until I unlock the upgrade path at Oboro, and taming has a perfect augment.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-01-29 12:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a strong hunch that Lustratio would win out, thanks for the confirmation. And no, I don't have Aeneas, nor do I plan on farming it. I've been solo farming omen for the astrals and I think I'm averaging somewhere around 8-10 a run, so maxing Twash to rank 25 won't take me more than another month or two. Rank 15+ is easy to hit and even at 119 it's perfectly serviceable. I just need to wait for my dyna linkshell to get around to doing some zone clears instead of RP farming runs. I've got a personal attachment to my Twashtar so it's my weapon of choice and I plan on sticking with it up to the finish. I'll just max it to rank 25 and be done with the REMA farming. Also getting that taming augment was a nightmare and a half, so optimizing around it in the offhand kinda feels good too....
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-01-29 12:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people using as bis for their evasion sets?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-01-29 12:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

E
V
A
S
I
O
N

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-01-29 13:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Im using the pieces i have with the most eva with a eva ambu cape with +2 jse neck

Need to invest a bit it seems for turms +1

No volte either...

But i have everything else... god bless...
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-29 14:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I'm averaging somewhere around 8-10 a run

Sounds about right. I get anywhere from 6 to 15. I've yet to get a 7, but I've gotten a few 8s.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-01-29 14:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive gotten 22 once...

My normal is around 12-17

I just tag th with my crossbow... then use regular sets
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-29 15:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Ive gotten 22 once...

My normal is around 12-17

I just tag th with my crossbow... then use regular sets

Card run?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-29 15:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

22 is astronomical. even 17 is straight bananas. LUCKY to get 10.

The third floor, even though it has 100 mobs, has a stupidly low drop rate.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-01-29 16:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Card run

I use acid bolts to pull and kill 2 at a time (mandys 1 at a time full time hybrid)

Using r15 twash with tp bonus... 1 shots everything

Takes me around 34 to 37mins.. full clear
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-29 20:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been meaning to ask. Are we sure R15 Twashtar is a stronger main hand than Aeneas? That doesn't feel right to me. In what situation will 10% rudra, 20dex, lower delay and white damage outdo +500 tp bonus, +10 store tp and a higher dmg?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-29 20:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been meaning to ask. Are we sure R15 Twashtar is a stronger main hand than Aeneas?

For party play, I'd say so. Especially if you're doing any sort of skillchain. For soloing? That's probably fairly even between the two.

Also, I've been testing Raetic Kris+1 as offhand, it seems to be fairly effective.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-29 20:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been meaning to ask. Are we sure R15 Twashtar is a stronger main hand than Aeneas?

For party play, I'd say so. Especially if you're doing any sort of skillchain. For soloing? That's probably fairly even between the two.

Also, I've been testing Raetic Kris+1 as offhand, it seems to be fairly effective.

What's your logic behind that? Tp bonus is +40% rudra damaage at 1250. At 1500, it's a +33.3% rudra damage. The only situation where it would out perform is when you're waiting so long that you're capped TP before your partner is ready, which is where the real solution should be to find a new group.

If this is the case, you should be better off with the Vajra, right? And how does Raetic+1 come close to having the Twashtar offhand?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-29 21:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your logic behind that? Tp bonus is +40% rudra damaage at 1250. At 1500, it's a +33.3% rudra damage. The only situation where it would out perform is when you're waiting so long that you're capped TP before your partner is ready, which is where the real solution should be to find a new group.

If this is the case, you should be better off with the Vajra, right? And how does Raetic+1 come close to having the Twashtar offhand?

The way the augment works is different-ish, it's feels like a lot more than 10% because of how it's multiplicative. Usually with Aeneas I'd consider Rudra's to be a 30k WS, as it would average 26-32k, now it's more like 35-41k. Stacked Rudra's can almost breach 80k for me on Gin, in the 77-78k range. Add in that AM3 will also net more white damage and then the question becomes: How efficiently are you spamming TP? If you're able to WS perfectly in the low 1k's, Aeneas may still be best for you, but that will also depend on how much SC damage a mob takes as 4-step is likely the best damage from Aeneas. This is why I said in solo Aeneas may still be best. In a party scenario, especially a laggy one like Dynamis, you're not going to be able to regularly WS at 1250 by any means, your white damage and max WS damage is more pronounced, and both go to Twashtar mainhand.

And Raetic+1 isn't for replacing Twashtar offhand, it's for offhanding with a Twashtar mainhand.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-29 21:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you should eyeball numbers like that. Do we not do calculations anymore?

A 1000 tp WS with aeneas+moonshade would give 8.75fTP x 1 = 8.75
A 1000 tp WS with twashtar+moonshade would give 6.25fTP x 1.1 = 6.875

That's far lower.

A 1250 tp WS with aeneas+moonshade would give 10fTP x 1 = 10 (rounding this down)
A 1250 tp WS with twashtar+moonshade would give 7.5fTP x 1.1 = 8.25

Even if you sit on TP a little, Aeneas should still be noticeably more powerful. All of this is on top of Aeneas having a far more powerful offhand. White damage isn't going to close the gap between all of the above and the /Twashtar's higher DPS and potential crit bonus.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-29 22:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to figure out what I can test the daggers out on (though I haven't capped Aeneas augment) and I'll try to post my numbers.

But in any scenario you overflow TP, Twash does SIGNIFICANTLY more WS damage. So if you have to time a SC, or the WS would be overkill, lag, etc. works against Aeneas.

Also the 10% to Rudra's is multiplicative with WSD and Crit hit (for stacked) so it's closer than that napkin math shows, while having either +20 DEX or +42 DEX (from Taming).

Example, here's an UNSTACKED Rudra's:

Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-30 01:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to figure out what I can test the daggers out on (though I haven't capped Aeneas augment) and I'll try to post my numbers.

But in any scenario you overflow TP, Twash does SIGNIFICANTLY more WS damage. So if you have to time a SC, or the WS would be overkill, lag, etc. works against Aeneas.

Also the 10% to Rudra's is multiplicative with WSD and Crit hit (for stacked) so it's closer than that napkin math shows, while having either +20 DEX or +42 DEX (from Taming).

Example, here's an UNSTACKED Rudra's:

I ran the numbers again since I was curious. You have to WS at 2500 TP in order for Twashtar+moonshade to be better

@2250TP
Aeneas + moonshade = 13 x 1 = 13.0
Twashtar+moonshade = 11.5x1.1 = 12.65

@2500TP
Aeneas + moonshade = 13 x 1 = 13.0
Twashtar+moonshade = 12.25x1.1 = 13.475

And even then, it's not by that much.

And TP bonus affects WSD/crit damage the exact same way the bonus rudra damage does, so it isn't a factor here.

And /twashtar has +50dex, so it still wins. There is literally no situation outside of holding TP to 2500+ where main hand Twashtar would win, as far as I can tell. And even in that situation, Vajra/twashtar would win by a wide margin. The only distinct advantage MH Twashtar has is that it has +10% damage to the offhand hit as well, which these days is just a few hundred damage, and rather insignificent.
By SimonSes 2019-01-30 04:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you need to look up one item that changes everything in your calculation. It's called Centovente.

TP bonus dagger in offhand is what makes Twashtar in main hand that powerful. You are suddenly 500TP above Aeneas on top of Twashtar's augment. AM on Twashtar easily make up for loss of white damage with offhand. Twashtar/Centovente with AM3 up should actually have higher white damage, than Aeneas/Twashtar.

With this set
ItemSet 359678

You have 1077 accuracy with Centovente in town. That's enough for most solo content, but if it's not, relic+3 head and Regal ring instead of epona's add +52-53 accuracy for minimal loss in tp gain.
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 261 262 263