Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Weapon skills/brewing
Weapon skills/brewing
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-25 09:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can paladin get aeolian edge /rdm or another job that has it... The reason I ask is multi popping NMs such as chloris to quickly brew them if on my rdm and lose my brew I'm dead. However if on pld I can probably still survive. And sanguine blade and Herculean slash I hear are good but not aoe. Also I am going to pull for a fell cleave party and thought it would help... Thanks ahead of time for humoring my always "stupid" questions.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-25 09:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it can if you go PLD/RDM.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-25 09:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured as much just like nin/war. But couldn't find proof in wiki anywhere and have no dagger jobs ATM. Thank you! I will begin the skilling process!
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-02-25 09:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeolian Edge

You can sub THF as well, if you don't have a real thief for TH.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-25 09:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds smart, thank you! :) though my brother has capped th and will probably be there! Just in case!
By itchi508 2013-02-25 09:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin thf or dnc can solo him also very easly w/o worry if/when brew wears off. Just dont do 3at a time incase you get full drop you may flood pool and lose buds before lotting them. Also i think it be best if you doin say 5-6 or more, (if you brewing) pop 1 at a time n have them poping 1 after the next in 10 second intervals and just auto target the next. Where if you pop 2-3 at a time your goin to have a 30sec wait time till next ??? Is up. Unless you get doom/terror spam, brew wearing shouldn be a consern since you can probably do up to 9 on a single brew with the right timing and if every one goes quick w/o terror/doom BS
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-02-26 03:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD gets Cataclysm on its own, and will probably work better so long as the mob isn't resistant to dark elemental damage.