Synergy Hq Quality Forcing, A Hypothesis...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Synergy hq quality forcing, a hypothesis...
Synergy hq quality forcing, a hypothesis...
 Cerberus.Heartslaught
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Heartslaught 2013-02-17 16:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I figured I'd finally let this secret out of the bag, and I want further testing by the community to confirm what I believe I have been experiencing.

Basically, a number of months ago I was synthing up wyrmal tatter synths for my cor's gear, and I noticed something while playing around. It seems that while hq rate was dependent on the necessary elements and impurity ratio, the elements that are weak to the necessary elements needed to be basically, close to zero...I could enhance the quality of the hq to HQ2 or HQ3 with ease.

A few rogue synths a pattern does not make, however, and tatter augment synths are some of the least demanding, so I did ones with varying level requirements and elements for ls members and shouts to see if this was the case. Approximately 300 synths later...I smell that this might be a way of forcing higher quality synths than usual. Unfortunately, I have sucked at keeping a spreadsheet at this mainly because I'm lazy on this. However, my results speak for themselves, with many pieces of gear done with HQ3 level synths (blood feet, blood hands, kirin's pole, a few e bodys, a number of heca pieces, doing a p body right now, and the list goes on) with similar results in approx 300 total successful synths.

I want the community to confirm this, though, with some people more more dedicated than I at keeping track of this. Of course, I'l throw in screen shots for tracking from now on as well, but I don't want to put the effort forth if the community won't lend a hand.

Thank you for your time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-02-17 17:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I can remember, Impurity does not effect HQ rate. Impurity causes explosions to occur when over 30%.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2013-02-17 17:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't buy it for hq1/2/3 at all. I do the impurity just in case on other synergies, but for augments, get to desired level and open the oven that is all. I too have many augments that went well this way with minimal scraps/tatters used.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-17 17:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Synergy strategies are pretty much all placebo, as many times as people have tried to figure out links or ways to force higher quality results, real statistical data shows what's actually going on... a nearly random and completely terribad system for making people spend vast amounts of time trying to make old gear useful again.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-02-17 17:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill stick to that only the synergy level and element(s) required to be perfect for the HQs. I do 0 the impurities though just incase but i doubt it actually does anything.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-17 18:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the results of the 357 Armada augments I've done since I started logging:

NQ 101/357 (28.2%)
HQ1 164/357 (45.9%)
HQ2 55/357 (15.4%)
HQ3 37/357 (10.3%)
 Cerberus.Heartslaught
By Cerberus.Heartslaught 2013-02-17 18:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Suji, that's about....a third of my HQ3 rate. I've done that in about my last 90 successful synths...
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-17 18:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Post your numbers then, earlier you implied that you didn't have proper records.
[+]
 Cerberus.Heartslaught
By Cerberus.Heartslaught 2013-02-17 18:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Primarily just an eyeball...but with right alignments...I don't usually even see an hq1 on a sprint. Now I'm wishing I kept better records...

If I have time, I have 10 wyrmal tatters and blood gauntlets that need an optimal hq3, I'll post screenshots tonight or tomorrow (want to do this in one sprint to help lend some proof towards things rather than none...I don't the difficultly on taking this at face value, and I might not have time tonight). I should see 3-4 hq3s in those ten synths.

will that help?
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-17 18:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Heartslaught said: »
Primarily just an eyeball...but with right alignments...I don't usually even see an hq1 on a sprint. Now I'm wishing I kept better records...

If I have time, I have 10 wyrmal tatters and blood gauntlets that need an optimal hq3, I'll post screenshots tonight or tomorrow (want to do this in one sprint to help lend some proof towards things rather than none...I don't the difficultly on taking this at face value, and I might not have time tonight). I should see 3-4 hq3s in those ten synths.

will that help?

GL with 3-4 HQ3's in 10 synths mate.
 Cerberus.Heartslaught
By Cerberus.Heartslaught 2013-02-17 19:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I just did it in 9 synths, went 2/0, 4/1, 1/2, and 3/3 in ten synths. I'm going to post the photo log to my photobucket here shortly. Have them time stamped.

Any further questions?
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-02-17 19:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

will that help?

GL with 3-4 HQ3's in 10 synths mate.

A friend of mine had me try 10 tatters for his P body last week, I got 3 HQ3 out of the 10. Shocked the ***out of both of us, but I did pull it off.
By Ophannus 2013-02-17 19:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if aligning has much to do with HQ rate either, just overally success/failure. I've gotten HQ3's with maximally awesome stats when all elements were off by 1 or 2 with a leak and like 60% impurity and 200+ pressure.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-17 20:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I just did it in 9 synths, went 2/0, 4/1, 1/2, and 3/3 in ten synths. I'm going to post the photo log to my photobucket here shortly. Have them time stamped.

Any further questions?
I don't see why you would waste your time posting a 10 element sample. Or why you'd waste your time posting a thread like this without a lot of data.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-02-17 20:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizatsa is that you? Eruntalon? It seems like I've heard this story before.....
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2013-05-02 22:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

my own superstition for this, is spamming fewell as fast as possible so the furnace loses less hp. i know it's silly.