Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Other » Scripting Issues
Scripting Issues
 Sylph.Ellynx
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ellynx
By Sylph.Ellynx 2013-02-14 09:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm new to spellcast but i'm trying make a Utsusemi/Box step macro and it's not working right. Here's what I have, hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

<elseif spell="Utsusemi:Ichi">
<equip when="precast|midcast" Set="Utsusemi" />
<if job="BST/DNC">
<if SpellTargetType="Monster">
<changespell spell="Box Step"/>
</if>
</if>
</elseif>

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with going from a selftarget spell to a JA targeting a monster, I just can't figure out how to correct it, thanks for any help in advance.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-02-14 10:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Utsusemi: Ichi is going to have you as the spell target, so at no point is the SpellTargetType going to be a monster (If you did utsusemi <t> as your macro, then you'd never cast utsu on yourself while fighting, so changetarget wouldn't be ideal here either I don't think).
Code
 <if subjob="DNC">
 <command>input /ja "Box Step" &lt ;t&gt ;</command>
 <cancelspell />
 </if>
 <else>
 </else>
</elseif>

(Note: remove the spaces before the semicolons on the box step line)

There is probably a more elegant way to do the above, using some form of changetarget and changespell. Also I didn't see the job variable in the documentation, so I just based it on subjob assuming that you would be using a different script if this was for NIN or DNC main.
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-14 10:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how I handle it in my nin spellcast
Code
			<if Spell="Haste Samba">
				<if BuffActive="*Samba*">
					<changetarget target="<t>" />
					<changespell spell="Box Step" />
					<equip when="Precast" Set="Accuracy" />
				</if>
				<elseif HPPLT="60">
					<changespell spell="Drain Samba II" />
				</elseif>
			</if>

so I'm guessing you just need to add
Code
<changetarget target="& lt;t& gt;" />
without the spaces after the & (not sure how to make it display without showing the < > brackets
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-14 10:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
Utsusemi: Ichi is going to have you as the spell target, so at no point is the SpellTargetType going to be a monster (If you did utsusemi <t> as your macro, then you'd never cast utsu on yourself while fighting, so changetarget wouldn't be ideal here either I don't think).

<if subjob="DNC">
<command>input /ja "Box Step" &ls;t></command>
<cancelspell />
</if>
<else>
</else>
</elseif>

There is probably a more elegant way to do the above, using some form of changetarget and changespell. Also I didn't see the job variable in the documentation, so I just based it on subjob assuming that you would be using a different script if this was for NIN or DNC main.
this way won't work, it will always trigger box step if you're /dnc and never trigger utsusemi
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-02-14 11:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Damonz said: »
Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
this way won't work, it will always trigger box step if you're /dnc and never trigger utsusemi
I saw it was for his BST, but didn't consider that he just might have universal spellcast script for all his jobs (which is fine for basic stuff if you're not diving deep into spellcast), in which case, yes, my post would be bad for that.
 Sylph.Ellynx
By Sylph.Ellynx 2013-02-14 13:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

<if job="BST/DNC">
<changetarget target="<t>" />
<changespell spell="Box Step" />
</if>
</elseif>

Thanks for the help guys, this what I have now and I just get a command error when I hit the macro. What am I missing?
 Sylph.Ellynx
By Sylph.Ellynx 2013-02-14 14:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't seem like the changetarget command is working, all of my other scripts are working just fine it's just this one.