Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Click Click Click
Click Click Click
By animus28 2013-02-06 19:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I am possibly just missing something easy and this has annoyed me for YEARS.

Is there any way to disable only the annoying click click click when you tab through targets? That is quite possibly the most annoying sound in the game
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-02-06 19:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I clicked this thread... because it told me to.

In other news, there is a dat file in the game for the audio ding that happens when you tab-key (or comparable alt depending on system) to different things.

I once found this dat, but don't recall how. I'll play around a bit with some model viewers and see if I can come up with something.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 19:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
I clicked this thread... because it told me to.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2013-02-06 19:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked this question in Random Question Thread once and the answer was essentially that it can't be done. I'd love for someone to figure this out, as I play with no volume because it's uber annoying. I'd love to play with no music and no UI sounds. Someone with computer skills get on this asap! lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 19:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally would download a sound pack that changes the UI (there are a few on the windower forums) and then look at what files do what in the download.

I'd play them to listen to what each sounds like until I found the UI sound, then I'd delete the file from the game files after I back it up.

Just guesswork really~
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-02-06 19:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Success. With Valefor.Esdain's ingenuity and Siren.Kalilla's idea that if the file is just removed, that fixes the problem, I present a solution for NA PC users (which may work for others).
You'll need to go into the following folder:
C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\se\se000
Find the file named: se000010
Copy that file to some other location where it will be safely archived.
Now delete the original file from that location.
Ta-dah! No more annoying ding-noises when targeting objects.
Honestly, after so many years... it feels a bit quiet now without it. Oh well. Problem solved!
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-02-06 19:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermahgerd. I've found the calls.
Here is a remedy for getting {Call1}'d at 3 AM with headphones on.
The path for calls is here for my NA PC version:
se000017 through se000038 are the calls.
se000039 is the little audio cue when you get a new POL Message. I suggest you back up (just 'cause) se000017 ~ se000038 and delete them. Then make 21 copies of se000039 and rename them one-by-one. That way any time in the future, if someone wants to be spammy with the calls, it will only be the sound of you getting a POL message.
You're welcome.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2013-02-06 21:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Success. With Valefor.Esdain's ingenuity and Siren.Kalilla's idea that if the file is just removed, that fixes the problem, I present a solution for NA PC users (which may work for others).
You'll need to go into the following folder:
Find the file named: se000010
Copy that file to some other location where it will be safely archived.
Now delete the original file from that location.
Ta-dah! No more annoying ding-noises when targeting objects.
Honestly, after so many years... it feels a bit quiet now without it. Oh well. Problem solved!

That works great! Now I'm curious to know what program are you using to identify the files, as I'd like to figure out what files are the menu bleeps and blips and systematically remove all UI sounds.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-02-06 22:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I used AltanaView to find where the sound files were located. (I could have just clicked around in the POL folder. It's pretty obvious where they're stored).

I used a little google-fu and I used Ximc (Final Fantasy XI Music Converter) to change the sound files to playable .wav files.

The Ximc program can be found here:
http://burger.sandwich.net/XIMC.zip

You'll probably want to read this FAQ to get an idea of how to use it. It's very simple, but in Japanese so glance over this guide. It's very old, but so is this game and the basics still work.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/555735-final-fantasy-xi/faqs/30728

There are thousands of sounds in the sound effect folders, but the following one has all the common ones from clicking around in menus and such.

What I did was click the 2nd button under BGW -> WAV in the Ximc program and convert all files in the sound\win\se\se000 folder one-by-one and then listen to them with my media player.

Obviously back everything up (or at least that one music folder you're fooling around with) in an safe archive somewhere. They're small files in that folder so you should be okay on any system that can run XI.

Anyhoo, glad I could help.
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2013-02-06 23:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I used AltanaView to find where the sound files were located. (I could have just clicked around in the POL folder. It's pretty obvious where they're stored).

I used a little google-fu and I used Ximc (Final Fantasy XI Music Converter) to change the sound files to playable .wav files.

The Ximc program can be found here:
http://burger.sandwich.net/XIMC.zip

You'll probably want to read this FAQ to get an idea of how to use it. It's very simple, but in Japanese so glance over this guide. It's very old, but so is this game and the basics still work.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/555735-final-fantasy-xi/faqs/30728

There are thousands of sounds in the sound effect folders, but the following one has all the common ones from clicking around in menus and such.

What I did was click the 2nd button under BGW -> WAV in the Ximc program and convert all files in the sound\win\se\se000 folder one-by-one and then listen to them with my media player.

Obviously back everything up (or at least that one music folder you're fooling around with) in an safe archive somewhere. They're small files in that folder so you should be okay on any system that can run XI.

Anyhoo, glad I could help.

Awesome, I super appreciate it. Looks like I've got something to do for the next few hours, yay!