Make King Bodies Obtainable In WoTG.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Make king bodies obtainable in WoTG.
Make king bodies obtainable in WoTG.
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-06-17 09:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Neilperry said:

Rare/Ex pop items to pop NMs with rare/ex gear. Also I think your on to something with new instanced areas offering good gear as well.

What your describing sounds an awful lot like ZNM and Nyzul/Salvage...
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-06-17 09:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Neilperry said:
Antipika said:
I can't imagine an area like sea with 150+ players in it 24/7.

SE will have to spread new rewards among instanced areas, missions/quests and open areas.

I dont remember Sea every being THAT bad becuase 50% of the population still dosent even have access. I'd like an area similar to sea/sky but the requirments for access to be challenging missions (like sea....before /gimp). Rare/Ex pop items to pop NMs with rare/ex gear. Also I think your on to something with new instanced areas offering good gear as well.

Sea ain't WoTG, so if any WoTG area is released, everyone will have access. Not to mention that even if mission are hard like sea before /gimp, since we hadn't have any new area like this in the past few year, I'm pretty confident that every player will work to get his access.

Sea in 2004 was a different story, lot of players were just starting FF XI when Sea was released, so they were basically "late" and missed the first "rush" to get sea access. This situation continued until 2007... New players were mixed with veteran players, making it harder for beginners to get their sea access. When you have 100% of a population who need sea, even if missions are hard, you'll eventually get it. Hardest part of sea or sky nowadays is shouting to make a party.

Now if a new area is coming, everyone will need access to it, meaning everyone will be able to jump in a random pickup party (just like for wotg mission atm or ACP) and get it done quickly. (some players still considered ACP final battle hard btw...)
 Phoenix.Neilperry
Server: Phoenix
user: neilperry
By Phoenix.Neilperry 2009-06-17 09:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Neilperry said:
Antipika said:
I can't imagine an area like sea with 150+ players in it 24/7.

SE will have to spread new rewards among instanced areas, missions/quests and open areas.

I dont remember Sea every being THAT bad becuase 50% of the population still dosent even have access. I'd like an area similar to sea/sky but the requirments for access to be challenging missions (like sea....before /gimp). Rare/Ex pop items to pop NMs with rare/ex gear. Also I think your on to something with new instanced areas offering good gear as well.

Sea ain't WoTG, so if any WoTG area is released, everyone will have access. Not to mention that even if mission are hard like sea before /gimp, since we hadn't have any new area like this in the past few year, I'm pretty confident that every player will work to get his access.

Sea in 2004 was a different story, lot of players were just starting FF XI when Sea was released, so they were basically "late" and missed the first "rush" to get sea access. This situation continued until 2007... New players were mixed with veteran players, making it harder for beginners to get their sea access. When you have 100% of a population who need sea, even if missions are hard, you'll eventually get it. Hardest part of sea or sky nowadays is shouting to make a party.

Now if a new area is coming, everyone will need access to it, meaning everyone will be able to jump in a random pickup party (just like for wotg mission atm or ACP) and get it done quickly. (some players still considered ACP final battle hard btw...)

I mean I agree, but what else could be released?
 Ramuh.Miemo
Server: Ramuh
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-06-17 09:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Walk of Echoes~ Eventually.
Area looks really cool, hope it's fun stuff in there.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-17 09:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the requirements for Walk of Echos (if that is in fact the WoTG end game area) is to have all WoTG missions complete, all nation quests for said missions complete and have the highest rank campaign medal. At least that will unlazy people and not make it freely accessible to everyone at first.

Not really sure what kind of endgame they could make that isn't like sky/sea with farming and pop NMs. Unless its farming and pop BCs, or maybe instanced areas like Assaults where you farm items to pop the next tier BC?

As far as the OP, hell no to having king bodies/abjs available from WoTG end game. You already have two separate ways of obtaining this gear. I'd like to see something new.

Edit:
The final reward could be an awesomesauce back piece? Currently the best back we use for melee is either has +3 STR and +15 attack, or +4 DEX +4 STR +5 Acc... They could make it augmentable with +Haste, +Dual Weild, +any number of other things that are better.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-17 10:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Antipika is spot on the money. If they DO release walk of echoes (who knows, the whole area could have been made for CS's ONRY), the requirement is likely to be having WotG story-line complete, which the majority of 75 players have already done up to what's released. As soon as a new area comes out, it'll be flooded with people going for the new gods.

They could add all sorts of new gear with an expansion like that, but don't expect the competition to be light on.

lol... maybe they'll be *** and release it at the same time as XIV... they'd never punch themselves in the wallet like that, but would be funny as hell to see what people do :D
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-06-17 10:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Chances are that they are gonna have an earring, ring or neck piece with additional stats in campaign and its new ANNM system.

just look at the ring for aht urghan and the body pieces from ACP.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-17 10:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:
Chances are that they are gonna have an earring, ring or neck piece with additional stats in campaign and its new ANNM system.

But we already have:
Zilart - Earring
CoP - Ring
Zilart+CoP - Earring
ToAU - Ring

It would be silly for more earrings/rings in my opinion.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-17 10:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I respectfully disagree with OP. I see people with Adaberk in LS that I have never heard of with the weirdest names I've ever seen on my server. I assume they got them from Odin. Everytime I see one I die a little inside.
I think we need less people with E.body not more. I want one myself, but am resigned that I never will.

I can't imagine what the reward for the two next scenarios will be, but it will most likely fall short of the ACP bodies.
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-06-17 10:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree ring/earrings wouldnt be as productive, but i'd be pleasantly surprised if they added a r/e grip or ammo piece. Very few jobs wouldnt benefit at all from a melee/ranged/mage r/e grip assortment, same goes for an ammo item. Back/neck pieces would be cool, but w/ relic acc and other gear those spots dont seem as in need of replacment imo.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-17 10:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkfire said:
I agree ring/earrings wouldnt be as productive, but i'd be pleasantly surprised if they added a r/e grip or ammo piece. Very few jobs wouldnt benefit at all from a melee/ranged/mage r/e grip assortment, same goes for an ammo item. Back/neck pieces would be cool, but w/ relic acc and other gear those spots dont seem as in need of replacment imo.

Except... Monk, Puppetmaster, Thief, Ninja, Dancer, Beastmaster, Ranger and Corsair (sometimes), and Paladin wouldn't benefit from grips. That's 9 jobs.

And for the ammo... You have Thief and Ninja (sometimes), Ranger, Corsair, and Bard. That's 5 jobs.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-17 10:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:

I haven't seen many neckpieces. That could be interesting though. Hell for all we know they may just prove us all wrong and do an ammo piece >.<;
 Garuda.Fullen
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-06-17 10:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tallulah said:
I respectfully disagree with OP. I see people with Adaberk in LS that I have never heard of with the weirdest names I've ever seen on my server. I assume they got them from Odin. Everytime I see one I die a little inside.

This^

Also Bonanza Hauteclaire's make me sick, the fact SE had it lower ranked than Joyeuse makes the pld in me cry ; ;

Tallulah said:
I can't imagine what the reward for the two next scenarios will be, but it will most likely fall short of the ACP bodies.

though I'm sure the concept will be the same, $10 for a peice of equipment that takes about 5 hours to get, RMT much?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-17 11:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

King gear from missions would be awesome just for the fact that it would be a huge *** slap in the face to all the botting shells that shelled RL money to buy them.

And to everyone who is saying, gear isn't for everyone, STFU.

Your rare ***ain't rare.
Other than Ebody, Nhead, Nlegs, Dring all King gear is lol anyway.

If you seeing suck *** players with good gear makes you sad and want to quit, just go hang in aery one day and you'll get your fill.

Most likely, you are just one of those people who spent their entire ffxi lives camping stupid HNM like that, and now you get all butthurt when people suggest new ways of doing it.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-17 11:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
King gear from missions would be awesome just for the fact that it would be a huge *** slap in the face to all the botting shells that shelled RL money to buy them.

Your rare ***ain't rare.

If you seeing suck *** players with good gear makes you sad and want to quit, just go hang in aery one day and you'll get your fill.

Most likely, you are just one of those people who spent their entire ffxi lives camping stupid HNM like that, and now you get all butthurt when people suggest new ways of doing it.

QFT

and the reward for WoTG final mission will be 100gil

:3
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-17 11:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:

^this.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-06-17 11:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

King Abjs shouldnt be the be all end all anymore.

Its been YEARS since they were added. They need new items added to replace them.
[+]
 Kujata.Jennypoo
Server: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-17 11:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:
King Abjs shouldnt be the be all end all anymore.

Its been YEARS since they were added. They need new items added to replace them.

I agree with this entirely
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-06-17 11:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving King bodies now for completeing WotG wouldn't make sense IMO.

They need to come up with new gear that is actually good and not super easy to get. I don't really like the idea of Force pop NMs with really bad drop rates. Ppl will just flood those area's and moron and idiots alike will still pop the NM's. Instanced area are a better idea but I'm not sure how or what the requirements would be to enter the battlefield. It seems like they tried to mix things up a bit with Sandworm and Dark Ixion but those still aren't perfect.

In this upcoming update campaign bodies are coming out so do you think that they will do bodies for WotG too?

Another problem is that existing gear is better than any gear they've been coming out with. Adaberk is still by far the best DD body, Byakko is still the best leg(fine Hachiryu for WS and Sam, rng?), PCC is still a top peice(not counting sea torques) Swift/Vbelt is still the best, well Nsash but how realistic is that!! Salvage gear is amazing and for once the "Gear Set" bonus is nice. Then again 10+ mil for a body isn't doable for most. Most of that gear has been out for what 3+ years? Campaign gear is ok but nothing stellar, nothing that I would spend Allied Notes on, but Im still waiting on bodies. The new ACP bodies aren't all that good and $10 for the expansion that isn't as good as something I have now, I'll just keep my $10 thanks for the offer.

At this point I don't really know what they can do but I'm faily certain the gear won't be anything ground breaking..
 Hades.Rieyuu
Server: Hades
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-17 11:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say I can really do any end game stuff yet...but I think for beating WotG the reward shouldnt be king abj's to me it would just make it too easy as it is you get a choice of the 3 nice rings..they just made ACP like this I don't think they should do it with king abj's anyone of anyone could get them -.- lame
 Ramuh.Bekisa
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-06-17 11:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem isn't they have not added new items to replace items which came out in Zilart era. The problem is they made those items too powerful back then. If they added items better, the game would be too easy.

Think about it ... elemental staves, ebody, ridill, some heca gears, etc. Mages don't ever touch another weapon after 51 usually. WHM might get a templar mace but its still very little boost over light staves so they could get by without it. If they added a new BLM stave, easily obtainable, with +20MAB instead of +15 found on HQ staves, they would probably end up nerfing BLM somewhere. BLM is already over powered when equipped/merited properly.

With 5 BLM + BRD, and PLD+RDM+WHM+BRD in tank pt, we can already take out Tiamat in under 20 minutes. Now give those BLM another 50-100 damage per nuke ... you'll see what I mean. Newer melee bodies don't even come close to an ebody still to this date. Byakkos haidate, etc.

Frobeus said:

Bingo~ Think how much SE pissed off people who beat CoP the original way when it first came out, and now we listen to people ***/moan that CoP is "too hard" today ... no exp lose, nerfed battles, you can buy needed items for the fights and lets not forget ... you have access to merits, group 2 merits and level sync now -_- I hate seeing complete idiot mages with a Tamas Ring nowadays ... the ring use to mean you somewhat knew your jobs enough. Now a party of 3 can beat every mission in CoP.

How about the original city missions? How many of you beat those before the level cap was raise to 75 and merits introduced? I just solo Windurst Rank 10, something that was actually a challenging fight for 6 before merits/level cap was raised.
[+]
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-17 11:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bekisa said:
The problem isn't they have not added new items to replace items which came out in Zilart era. The problem is they made those items too powerful back then. If they added items better, the game would be too easy.

Think about it ... elemental staves, ebody, ridill, some heca gears, etc. Mages don't ever touch another weapon after 51 usually. WHM might get a templar mace but its still very little boost over light staves so they could get by without it. If they added a new BLM stave, easily obtainable, with +20MAB instead of +15 found on HQ staves, they would probably end up nerfing BLM somewhere. BLM is already over powered when equipped/merited properly.

With 5 BLM + BRD, and PLD+RDM+WHM+BRD in tank pt, we can already take out Tiamat in under 20 minutes. Now give those BLM another 50-100 damage per nuke ... you'll see what I mean. Newer melee bodies don't even come close to an ebody still to this date. Byakkos haidate, etc.

Frobeus said:

Bingo~ Think how much SE pissed off people who beat CoP the original way when it first came out, and now we listen to people ***/moan that CoP is "too hard" today ... no exp lose, nerfed battles, you can buy needed items for the fights and lets not forget ... you have access to merits, group 2 merits and level sync now -_- I hate seeing complete idiot mages with a Tamas Ring nowadays ... the ring use to mean you somewhat knew your jobs enough. Now a party of 3 can beat every mission in CoP.

Yeah I remember watching a friend trying to do the airship fight and it was about 300k for each pump ; ;...and the battles are still kind of hard
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-17 11:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want people who get e.body to deserve it. I know people who've been WAR and DRK who don't have e.body and they've been camping kings for years. One of them even has Ragnarok and no e.body. E.body is out of reach for a lot of people even a lot who actually deserve it. I don't want such a great piece avaliable to idiots like myself who am almost never on a melee job (when it matters).
That said something better than hauberk and something not as good as adaberk would be acceptable to me. Hell if I know all I know is after being hardcore about kings in the past I will never do that ***again.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-17 11:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bekisa said:
and now we listen to people ***/moan that CoP is "too hard" today ... no exp lose, nerfed battles, you can buy needed items for the fights and lets not forget ... you have access to merits, group 2 merits and level sync now -_-

It's not the difficulty most complain about, it's the fact that everyone's already done the ***so getting people to do it is like pulling *** teeth.

I'm betting 3-4 years ago you didn't need to bribe people into doing it.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-17 11:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Bekisa said:
and now we listen to people ***/moan that CoP is "too hard" today ... no exp lose, nerfed battles, you can buy needed items for the fights and lets not forget ... you have access to merits, group 2 merits and level sync now -_-

It's not the difficulty most complain about, it's the fact that everyone's already done the ***so getting people to do it is like pulling *** teeth.

I'm betting 3-4 years ago you didn't need to bribe people into doing it.

Yeah I've been stuck on 4-3 for about 5 months now...it's really not the easiest thing to find ppl that are willing to go thankfully my dyna ls is going to help.
I also really want a dalmatica some day but that's just bec it looks sexy =P Morigans would be top pick for me ; ; be that's a looooong ways away
 Phoenix.Emiisuzu
Server: Phoenix
user: Emiisuzu
By Phoenix.Emiisuzu 2009-06-17 22:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally would rather see them add something new instead of more access to the old. I want something better then the stuff that drops off kings. Though I disagree with most the people here that think it would make it too easy to get the items. Kings are not hard to fight at all. The only hard part is getting claim and that is becasue of bots. The way I look at it if your LS is a botting LS(if you actually do kings then it is one) then noone in it really "Earned" anything that droped yall just happen to be the ones willing the spend the rl money to get the items.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-17 23:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:

Your rare ***ain't rare.

I normally disagree with Frobeus on a shitload of things, but this HAS to be QFT. It's a *** game. Stop being butthurt that YOU threw away your social life for a blue pixel body, YOU spent months of three hours every single day camping something and losing claim 75% of the time, YOU are just being a whinny little *** that, guess what, EVERYONE does NOT have the time to pour into the game like you.

And they'd like to be rewarded for paying $15 a month for entertainment. And keep their life the way it is. While I agree that better gear for people not wanting to camp HNM would be extremely nice, something as simple as "finish X story for a Adaberk" isn't it. If nothing else, make it like 500,000 Allied Notes or something.

I can log on Half an hour a day and work toward it eventually. At my own pace. Without losing a claim, and at the same time making buffer/merits. Point is people don't want to camp ***. It's not fun for most of us. Stop crying that you won't be "special" in an online game. Walk it off, pussy. IRL, not in Whitegate.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-06-18 17:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Walk it off, pussy. IRL, not in Whitegate.

Wait you saying Whitegate ain't IRL ? What's IRL then o.o Got me lost ; ;

Quote:
If nothing else, make it like 500,000 Allied Notes or something.

Well that's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE too, as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as camping kings. I agree with the statement that king camping is ***, but making all gear obtainable just by repeating something very easy and soloable by everyone sux too.

I'd rather see something like Nyzul (but with more challenge), something like Assault Captain etc... Having to clear ALL KSNM (including 99) would be a nice thing for example. Since people tend to always spam the same KSNM while the game offer tons of them. Lot of xNM are somewhat challenging, especially when going with a pickup party, just like Assault. Need to avoid doing the same task again and again. That's why I loved getting captain, each run is different, if your group is decent you won't fail more than 2-3 time the same area, meaning you enjoy something new very often. Way more entertaining that getting X AN/IS or w/e... Not to mention these run are short, you don't need to play 3hr a day. 1hr/day or 2x3hr per week enough to do something like this.

Sure it would require farming KSeal, but if you divide the entry cost by 6/18 (only need 1 orb for 6/18 players win), it shouldn't be long to get enough KS. (15x30)/6 + (3*99)/18 = ~92 KS if you succeed first try. Unless you suck, 3 stacks should be more than enough.
 Asura.Tyroch
Server: Asura
user: Tyroch
By Asura.Tyroch 2009-06-19 17:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ever since Se added the augmented items I keep getting these visions of WotG endgame drops all being average gear with the possibility of the item having enough augments on them to make them usable beyond just being town gear.
[+]