Forum » FFXI » General » Port Forwarding
Port Forwarding
 Bismarck.Sorra
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Sorra
By Bismarck.Sorra 2013-02-02 08:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I set up a new router that SHOULD be a hell of a lot better, but my playonline lag-spikes every 30 seconds FOR 30 seconds.

I went into the cmd and found my IP.
Typed it in the address bar, got to my Belkin set up, logged in, and then finally got to where I put in the #s.

Only issue is, everywhere I look online, the set-up for other people's wireless routers to input the numbers is completely different from mine (Linksys). Not a secret that I have no idea when it comes to computers and I'd rather hit it with a hammer then sit here for hours typing in variations of numbers.

But how would I input it? There are too many numbers ; ;

I got this off the internets:
TCP 25, 110, and 443 for e-mail
TCP 80 for web access
And dynamic ports 50000 to 65535 for various communications

UDP ports 50000-65535 for various communications

There should be a setting to allow you to specify that when your computer requests a port, it will trigger the rule to allow access activating all the other ports for a specific communication with a server. You can set it so that one or more of these ports will trigger the rule:

TCP 51220 (Authentication Login)
TCP 53001 (FFXI Patch Connection)
TCP 54001 (FFXI Connection)
TCP 51300 (PlayOnline Menu Update)
TCP 54000 (PlayOnline Patch Connection)
TCP 51240 (PlayOnline Redirection Connection)

or you can just set it as a range from 51000 to 55000 TCP.

It is usually safe to make it so at out going request on that port to a certain server will allow that server to connect back on the other ports. You may have to fiddle with the settings a bit. Maybe I will post up a guide at the end of the month on configuring your firewall.

Please find a place for your router configuration that has "PORT TRIGGERING" or "APPLICATION TRIGGERING" and enter 51000-55000 TCP for the trigger ports! Then input all the ports as specified in the manual to allow access after those ports are triggered.

All this information should be on one line, for ONE APPLICATION. So, an example of this might be:
TRIGGER START PORT: 51000
TRIGGER END PORT: 55000
TRIGGER TYPE: TCP
PUBLIC PORT: 25, 80, 110,443, 116,118,443,50000-65535
PUBLIC TYPE: BOTH
ENABLE: [checked]

Thanks,
-The HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Manthra
[+]