Besieged
First Page 2
 Hades.Rieyuu
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So for all who play on 360...lately well since I got back on every Besieged that I go too my 360 always seems to freeze right before it's over. Does this happen to anyone else by any chance?
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 14:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ty ^^ and it's annoying always seems fine for about 45 minutes then sh*** the bed ; ;
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-16 14:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, everyone I know that plays on the 360 avoids besieged at all costs. It's like a constant thing for them to get booted, so they don't waste the time anymore...

On PC I got ***out once...and I think that was my shitty connection more then SE. I just make sure to turn all my ***all the down before it starts (Clipping Plane, Model's Displayed, Character Animations)

However, this R0 *** (*** EVERYWHERE) is really starting to piss me off. I'm starting to wonder if SE is just gonna let it get super crappy to "force" people to move to FFXIV when it comes out...

C'mon SE, Defrag the *** servers already FFS
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 14:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

doesnt make sense though because I can do dyna just fine ;;
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-16 14:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When I played on 360 what I did in beseiged was fight until Mega Boss popped. That would usually be enough for me to make capped exp and I would run and hide around the AH or MH since those areas clear out first, unless the HNM pops near the MH.

Rieyuu said:

Dyna is a couple alliances with like 10 mobs maybe at a time while beseiged is 200~ people and a ton of mobs at once in the same zone.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-16 14:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:

Yeah who knows...you're not the only one in that regard either. Although, there's a lot more ***going on at once in Besieged then Dynamis...I would assume anyways. Our Besieged's usually number about 150+ PC's, and I've never heard of THAT big of a Dyna run lol
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 15:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
When I played on 360 what I did in beseiged was fight until Mega Boss popped. That would usually be enough for me to make capped exp and I would run and hide around the AH or MH since those areas clear out first, unless the HNM pops near the MH.

Rieyuu said:

Dyna is a couple alliances with like 10 mobs maybe at a time while beseiged is 200~ people and a ton of mobs at once in the same zone.

yeah that is true, but still a large amount of actions being done at once, it's rather frustrating ><
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-16 15:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
yeah that is true, but still a large amount of actions being done at once, it's rather frustrating ><

Besieged on Fairy tends to be a huge clusterfuck of death...and from what I've heard Dyna ain't usually like that lol

That prolly has a lot to do with it ^^
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-06-16 15:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I do besieged on a 360. Just fight for ~half an hour, then run somewhere where there's no people or mobs and wait it out. I usually still get max xp.
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2009-06-16 15:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Get off your fail *** 360's ; )

My 10yr old PS2 seems to have less trouble w/ FFXI than either of my best friends' 360's tbo. And it can't even read discs anymore.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 15:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Daemun said:
Get off your fail *** 360's ; )

My 10yr old PS2 seems to have less trouble w/ FFXI than either of my best friends' 360's tbo. And it can't even read discs anymore.

lol only problem with that is I can't do dyna on a ps2...it freezes for me >< I just can't seem to friggen win!
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-16 15:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It has to do with the amount of information being stored during the event. With Dyna, sure there can be 64 people and 'maybe' a dozen mobs up at a time. In Besieged, you get 100 people minimum and at least 30 mobs up at a time.

I'd recommend just fighting in one of the smaller areas and avoiding the main one altogether. Then after 15-40 minutes (depending on your job) you should be capped and can just relax in the corner.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 15:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 72 rdm as of now, can I still get skill ups from the mobs in besieged @ 75?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-16 15:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
I'm 72 rdm as of now, can I still get skill ups from the mobs in besieged @ 75?

I'm pretty sure Besieged mobs are 80+, so would stand to reason u could...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-16 15:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've frozen in an NPC heavy Campaign battle before as well. ; ;
And yes, you can skill up on Besieged mobs at 75, all mobs are like 80~90 or something. Just spam Dia for enfeebs, Bio for Dark Magic, and Tier 1 shiz for Elemental Magic. Works even at 75.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-16 15:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
I do besieged on a 360. Just fight for ~half an hour, then run somewhere where there's no people or mobs and wait it out. I usually still get max xp.

i would recommend this. i usually do this unless i am trying to skill up.
getting d/c after 45mins still don't hold a candle to getting 1 shot two times with 5 seconds remaining before they retreat. i <3 that!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-16 15:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
And yes, you can skill up on Besieged mobs at 75, all mobs are like 80~90 or something. Just spam Dia for enfeebs, Bio for Dark Magic, and Tier 1 shiz for Elemental Magic. Works even at 75.

If I was 51 SCH could I skillup in besieged? (Does the magic have to actually do something to skill up? lol) My Dark and Elemental skills are like 40 levels under cap from syncing down so much and nuking worms in altepa sucks with all the anticans, gobs, and scorps running around trying to box me in >.>
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-16 15:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia can do 0, still get skillups.
Bio can do 0, still get skillups.
Elemental magic can do 0, still get skillups (I think, either that or it does 1 damage).
I know for sure that Dia and Bio will grant skillups reguardless, even my 73 Rdm does 0 from time to time with Bio/Dia and still gets skillups. Even overlapping, it still gives it. I.e: Someone uses Bio III, Dia I will still give a skill up.

Just be careful, make sure the mob is under attack by a few people, or you deeeeeed, lol.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-16 15:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Haseyo said:

If I was 51 SCH could I skillup in besieged? (Does the magic have to actually do something to skill up? lol) My Dark and Elemental skills are like 40 levels under cap from syncing down so much and nuking worms in altepa sucks with all the anticans, gobs, and scorps running around trying to box me in >.>

Just spam dia and bio. since they always lands you'll always get a skill up.
and I think tier1 magic for elemental works too
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 15:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Haseyo said:

Just spam dia and bio. since they always lands you'll always get a skill up.
and I think tier1 magic for elemental works too

It does just use Dia, Bio or two if you don't want to wait for the timer...not sure if you get that for sch but yeahh and I just use every T1 elemental haha was doing it lastnight before it froze =P just takes awhile....but since your skills are well no offense but gimped they'll go up much faster, although rdm is a lot easier since you get fast cast and CS + revitalizer x3 sometimes
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-16 15:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
It does just use Dia, Bio or two if you don't want to wait for the timer...not sure if you get that for sch but yeahh and I just use every T1 elemental haha was doing it lastnight before it froze =P just takes awhile....but since your skills are well no offense but gimped they'll go up much faster, although rdm is a lot easier since you get fast cast and CS + revitalizer x3 sometimes

No offense taken, I know my skills sucks lol. Haven't leveled my SCH in a "level appropriate" party since like 25. Been working on it on the side in the desert and such, but yeah... >.>

Anyways, thanks guys, I'm gonna try it. If anything, I got RR and sublimation, so shouldn't be too bad. I'll get ***exp obviously, but I'm ok with that as long as I get some good skill ups ^^
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 15:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Rieyuu said:

No offense taken, I know my skills sucks lol. Haven't leveled my SCH in a "level appropriate" party since like 25. Been working on it on the side in the desert and such, but yeah... >.>

Anyways, thanks guys, I'm gonna try it. If anything, I got RR and sublimation, so shouldn't be too bad. I'll get ***exp obviously, but I'm ok with that as long as I get some good skill ups ^^

yeah besieged seems to be the best way usually unless you some how get some menstral mob after you for no apparent reason -.- sitting back and non stop casting for an hour is sooooo much better than risking death constantly by yourself, also not sure if this is going to make any sense but when I started was it just me or did besieged used to have different levels...because I remember doing a level 1 besieged or so I thought..
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-16 15:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't lose, they don't change levels and are a constant lvl 8.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-16 15:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
also not sure if this is going to make any sense but when I started was it just me or did besieged used to have different levels...because I remember doing a level 1 besieged or so I thought..

Yeah, it depends on the Astral Candescence (sp?). If you lose a besieged, the level restarts at level 1 and then goes up to level 8 (8 is the hightest right?) and stays there are long as you keep winning.

Never knew that myself, but Fairy has actually lost the A.C. a few times over the last couple months. Was pretty surpsied, actually...
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 16:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

well idk when I check the stats for them it'll say something and the level goes from training 1-8 then they'll start advacing...after like a day >< so if it says training or whatever it says from 1-8 does that mean we still havent lost yet?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-16 16:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

before I sent my old 360 in cz of the RROD, I would have been fine during Beseiged, regardless of the head count in the zone. Now, I've been in Beseiged twice, and both times I froze.

BESIEGED NO MORE!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-16 16:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... They build up their forces and then attack... It always prepares to the max level that it is for the time being. As long as they're constant lvl 8's "attacking", you haven't lost yet.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-16 16:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
well idk when I check the stats for them it'll say something and the level goes from training 1-8 then they'll start advacing...after like a day >< so if it says training or whatever it says from 1-8 does that mean we still havent lost yet?

If they're coming in at level 8 then you haven't lost the last 8 besieged's at least...the training ***I don't know how that works, if it's a constant increase or what. I think someone told me it has something to do with the number of Player Deaths in a given zone, more deaths means faster increase?

At any rate, an LS member is good at figuring that ***out, I just wait for him to tell me "Besieged should be happening in like 4 hours" or whatever and go from there lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-16 16:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be able to sit during Besieged and never freeze like months ago. It wasn't until like 2-3 months ago when the freezing began.
First Page 2