Looking To Finish Some Emps Before SoA Hits On Lak

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Looking to finish some Emps before SoA hits on Lak
Looking to finish some Emps before SoA hits on Lak
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-01-25 10:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Been out of the game for a few months due to some RL issues that needed to be dealt with, but I'm looking to hop back in now and get back to the grindstone while people are still prepping for SoA antics. I mean, now is the best time to do that before all those SoA people resub and it's hard to claim mobs again, right?

Just looking to work on two Emps at this time, since I'm sure they'll actually be quite useful for when the new expansion hits.

Almace (Need Bria + Sobek, and wouldn't mind getting to 90)
Gandiva (Need Bukhis that I can WF brew if people hold pops, and wouldn't mind getting 90 on it either)

I've been away for so long, that I'm not even sure there is any Emp LS still really up and running at this time on the server. My pals that still play are mostly afk and rather solo Dyna or dual box things, so I'm really looking to rekindle the comradery the game used to hold in the past of, "You scratch my back, I scratch yours", so hopefully someone gets what I mean about how I'm also looking for a bit of the human element back in the grinding.

Dunno if maybe I should be looking into an event LS now that I finally got the time to run in one properly, or if I just need a duo / trio setup. I'm open to suggestions, since I really want to get better geared before the new expansion hits and probably pulls a WotG > Abyssea and obsoletes alot of things, while making older content mostly dead.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-25 10:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If all else fails can use that dyna money to buy the items/pops off mercenaries.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-01-25 11:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I am unaware of any Empyrean LSs that ever actually worked on Lakshmi. I'd recommend finding a duo partner you trust instead of an LS of strangers that you found via the FFXIAH forums. You'll be much less likely to get screwed.

As far as your weapons of choice, Gandiva is generally thought to be not-very-good mostly because it lacks the major advantage of the other "special" ranger weapons (low enmity WSs). I would recommend not prioritizing this. Almace is good and you should have no trouble duoing it to 85 or 90 as you prefer.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-01-25 11:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to emp farming, I've found the best setup to be two dualboxers, usually WHM+THF+NIN+WAR for best results. Can do four pops of one persons, four pops of the others until you both have your emps.

If you aren't at least dualboxing while emp farming, I don't think you're really pulling your weight in a group.

While it's only my personal experience, I haven't found full scale LSes dedicated to building emps to be very efficient.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-01-25 11:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
If you aren't at least dualboxing while emp farming, I don't think you're really pulling your weight in a group.

Because everyone has money for two systems, and for two accounts.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-01-25 11:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

yes, using three/four systems at once has always been the most difficult part of my tri/quad boxing :((((((((
By Avitori 2013-01-25 11:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, using three/four systems at once has always been the most difficult part of my tri/quad boxing :((((((((

??????
I have no problem running 3 accounts on a laptop even. Could probably get up to 6-8 on my PC...
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-01-25 11:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »

??????
I have no problem running 3 accounts on a laptop even. Could probably get up to 6-8 on my PC...

Your sarcasm detector is broken, may i recommend a smith
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-01-25 11:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of good feedback to work off of. I'll have to look into sweet talking some people it sounds like, and see what I can do with it.

Sounds like I'll be working hard to get Almace up for my PLD and BLU, and Gandiva will probably just sit now as a toy, since I guess I can always work instead on the Gun for my COR and RNG, instead of using the WoE 90 version.

Has SE teased any new WS for the future at this time, or is it all still the same old WS we have ingame for the forseeable future? (Hasn't been keeping up with SoA at all)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-01-25 11:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they have not. They have teased that they're going to re-work old WSs (in the context of widening the number of jobs with access to the "special" WSs for proc purposes) and that they're going to add another line of Ultimate weapons to go with R/M/Es.

If the new line of weapons has WSs, that might be the only indication that new WSs will be added.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-25 12:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

??????

idk, i've ran 4 on my laptop before. driver crashed if i alt-tabbed too fast, but otherwise wasn't much issue.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-01-25 12:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

??????

idk, i've ran 4 on my laptop before. driver crashed if i alt-tabbed too fast, but otherwise wasn't much issue.

I know you can run multiple instances on a PC, i do it constantly.

The joke is that godofgods thinks you need two systems to dualbox, as bolded.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-25 12:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

??????

I know you can run multiple instances on a PC, i do it constantly.

The joke is that godofgods thinks you need two systems to dualbox, as bolded.
oh i didn't read what anyone else quoted