users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Returning to the game
Returning to the game
 Carbuncle.Residentevilman
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Residentevilman 2013-01-03 13:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been thinking of coming back to FFXI once more recently. Mainly since I have a stable income now, compared to when I quit. I'm thinking of coming back with-in the next few days, does anyone have any suggestions (warnings) before coming back or anything?
 Carbuncle.Funsam
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2013-01-03 13:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends how long u been away, billing cycle now is every 30days & not set days of month, so u not gotta worry about day u starting back any more, like before (yr+ ago) u could've played a few days before billing cycle & got billing a full month(happened to me a few times in past), which is a bonus.

Main website for info of new stuff is this for gear/crafting & http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Main_Page for new content/events etc, old wiki is not updated much anymore. read up on update notes since you went can give you a idea of what sort of stuff in game now & what your interest could be in.
[+]
By Xenshi 2013-01-03 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't.
By Carbuncle.Residentevilman 2013-01-03 14:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed the old wiki was pretty much dying just before I had to give up paying for my account. Thank you for the link, I'll be sure to make good use of it. And that's good news about the billing, makes it much more easier, instead of plotting to start up on a new day.

While a voice in my head says I shouldn't come back, I still do miss parts of the game, and I do look forward to SoA. If it's not all cracked up to be, I can back out any time. Course it wouldn't matter if I get addicted to it once more lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-01-03 14:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back!
By Carbuncle.Residentevilman 2013-01-03 14:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. ^^
 Carbuncle.Funsam
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2013-01-03 14:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Residentevilman said: »
I noticed the old wiki was pretty much dying just before I had to give up paying for my account. Thank you for the link, I'll be sure to make good use of it. And that's good news about the billing, makes it much more easier, instead of plotting to start up on a new day.

While a voice in my head says I shouldn't come back, I still do miss parts of the game, and I do look forward to SoA. If it's not all cracked up to be, I can back out any time. Course it wouldn't matter if I get addicted to it once more lol.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page still does have its uses tho if you crafting ~100 & for quests or old content like znm, limbus, salvage even abysitte then it still one of best source. anything probably new in last 2 years from voidwatch up then bg wiki or this web site best source. biggest draw on here is for crafters & current prices of items its so useful & saves you being conned into believing something worth more than it is.