Jobs That Needs Updates....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Jobs that needs updates....
Jobs that needs updates....
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-16 11:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kukukues said:
Over 9000!!!!!!!

i have dreams that i'm over 9000... :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-16 11:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Give rdms an enhancing spell that last for 30 min cost 200 mp and temporarily raises the lvl cap to over 9000!!!
[+]
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-16 11:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think DNC should have an ability they can bust out where the enemies dance in time with them a la Michael Jackson's Moonwalker...and then their face explodes.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-16 11:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

:/ Get back to topic.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-16 11:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
I think DNC should have an ability they can bust out where the enemies dance in time with them a la Michael Jackson's Moonwalker...and then their face explodes.

Jackson Jig:
Dazzles enemies into astonishment, causing no aggro whatsoever. Additional Effect: Can walk backwards.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-16 11:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Make those crappy mythic ws decent... I'm looking at you man stab
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-07-16 12:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK getting a JA that sheds some hate, similar to DRGs High Jump, would be a very welcome thing.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-16 12:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A chance we get a last update announcement at all? Time is running out. Hopefully they hold the big one back, else I'm disappointed from this update.

Besides DNC should get a higher tier Divine Waltz.
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-16 13:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

A staff WS that doesnt suck would be welcome. GL on that tho.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-07-16 15:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said:
Give WHM refresh since [most]RDMs seem to be unable to handle the job... *cough*

Are you saying [most]RDM can't handle refreshing or they can't handle playing Whm?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-16 15:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:

Spirit Taker is god ._.

and Dmg wise, Retribution is ok
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-16 15:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Jackson Jig:
Dazzles enemies into astonishment, causing no aggro whatsoever. Additional Effect: Can walk backwards.

LOL
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-16 15:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:

I'd still use Spirit Taker.
As Whm, Smn, or Pld. Far more useful than some extra damage. >.>;
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-16 15:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Nieko said:

I'd still use Spirit Taker.
As Whm, Smn, or Pld. Far more useful than some extra damage. >.>;

And Blm and Sch, also stacks w/ sneak attack = Sex Mp
 Lakshmi.Tyndal
Server: Lakshmi
user: delan35
By Lakshmi.Tyndal 2009-07-16 15:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said:
Give WHM refresh since [most]RDMs seem to be unable to handle the job... *cough*

[most]WHMs couldn't handle it either.....
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-16 16:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just update every job. c.c That way everyone is happy.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-16 16:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Segaia said:

Yeah, definitely. Kinda stupid that our only AOE heal caps out at like 90ish when all our other heals are more powerful...
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-07-16 21:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree that at least THF should be given dual wield. IMHO THF is the job that should have originally been given dual wield to begin with. A Ninja is suppose to be stealthy and deadly with a SINGLE blade. When you think of a Ninja you don't really picture someone running around holding two swords.

Something about BRD that should be fixed ... C Rating in Singing!? WTF is that about?? That is like giving Monk a C in hand to hand.

Quote:
SCH? People might hate me for saying this, but you gotta gimp their spells a little, or make their DoT more powerful. I think if anything they need more MACC, and less MATK, just so ***sticks better.

Gimp what spells exactly?? I haven't gotten SCH to 75 but from the times I've been with other BLMs I haven't seen any over the top damage numbers. Plus I think gimping their black magic is a huge blow to the job. A Scholar is suppose to be 'colorless' and there isn't any reason to make them weaker then a regular black mage and it would just turn them into nothing more then a WHM that can't haste or R3.

I have to agree about the mACC though. SCH suffers horribly from a lack of it. It's embarrassing to cast Water III and see it to 59 damage, or use Geohelix and see it do only 25 damage.
BLMs shouldn't be jealous of the Scholar though. BLMs still get Ancient Magic though, and can go BLM/SCH for Celerity. They can use Light Arts and heal better then they could as BLM/SCH, and they get Sublimation and Conserve MP.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-16 22:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Akeda said:
I have to agree that at least THF should be given dual wield. IMHO THF is the job that should have originally been given dual wield to begin with. A Ninja is suppose to be stealthy and deadly with a SINGLE blade. When you think of a Ninja you don't really picture someone running around holding two swords.

I picture a ninja with a shitload of tools at their disposal. Having 2 weapons in hand fits that perfectly and is probably historically accurate in that they carried multiple blades.

Quote:
Something about BRD that should be fixed ... C Rating in Singing!? WTF is that about?? That is like giving Monk a C in hand to hand.

Out of curiosity, how did you get BRD to 75 without learning that your skills stack? Songs played on a wind instrument get wind and singing skills, songs on strings get string and singing skill. Your combined skills can reach incredibly high numbers.

Quote:
Gimp what spells exactly?? I haven't gotten SCH to 75 but from the times I've been with other BLMs I haven't seen any over the top damage numbers. Plus I think gimping their black magic is a huge blow to the job. A Scholar is suppose to be 'colorless' and there isn't any reason to make them weaker then a regular black mage and it would just turn them into nothing more then a WHM that can't haste or R3.

I have to agree about the mACC though. SCH suffers horribly from a lack of it. It's embarrassing to cast Water III and see it to 59 damage, or use Geohelix and see it do only 25 damage.
BLMs shouldn't be jealous of the Scholar though. BLMs still get Ancient Magic though, and can go BLM/SCH for Celerity. They can use Light Arts and heal better then they could as BLM/SCH, and they get Sublimation and Conserve MP.

Your damage isn't in epeen numbers, it's in DoT via Parsimony. AM is inefficient; tier IV spells are our best choice for damage per MP outside of MB. Well, technically Drain is highest but... yeah. Lower MACC on SCH is part of being a balanced job somewhere between BLM and WHM.

Protip: BLM/SCH yields dead BLM and what is this heal better ***when BLM is a nuking job?

Side note to the guy who said lower SCH MATK: they have 0 native MAB.

I like the higher tier Divine Waltz idea. Mostly I've seen it used to wake parties from Sleepga, might be nice to have one for actual curing purposes as well lol.
 Caitsith.Surge
Server: Caitsith
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2009-07-19 05:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Ok here it is: Job's that need updating.

None. Yup, none.

-It's not the jobs that need updates but the weapon choices, armor, skills, mobs, zones, events, and in general FFXI.-

My point: The solution is not the adjusting, tweaking, and re-tweaking of jobs to fit the ever changing ffxi player base, BUT i would like to see them re-tool the game in whole. Instead of adding new content to keep us entertained, i say they should give all those long forgotten conquest and cop zones an overhaul, a long over-due makeover.
Do you remember when sky was a challenge, actually trying to kill AV, doing quests just to do quests, mpk'ing or being mpk'd, or just doing some good ole fashioned Ballista with friends? I miss the old Conquest zones, getting xp post 50 in many different camps, using skill to get good xp instead of just mindlessly ws'ing for hours.

How about instead of trying to balance/improve the game by making jobs stronger, and stronger, then nerfing, then stronger, I suggest its the rest of the content that needs the update.

In closing wouldn't it be amazing to have more then 3 merit camps and 1 main merit mob? I would be thrilled.

I do agree though. Even though we all like a little challenge from time to time and that the other areas hardly see any action's at all. Three years ago before really anything was the best point but also the hardest. I think thats what you're getting at, or did i miss read it again.

Im glad that i see a caitsith person in here, oh i would like to say thank you everyone for making this thread 19 pages of an actual discussion about jobs, JA's and different abilites. Maybe SE will read these and see what we would like to see and what we can expect, and i do have a thought and xxnumbertwoxx i think its spelt like that anyways we were talking about making all NMs force pop and this is what we came up with.

Beastmen Seals = NQ NMs (trade as much as the NMs lvl)
Kindred Seals = HQ NMs (this is mainly for kings but it could also go for al zahbi and past areas) What do you guys think?

And on the job market i think Drk should get Death for there final spell and DRK only type of thing but thats just me
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-19 05:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Composure like ability that works on party. That's all I can ask for tbh.
I think everything else is ok generally.
More...goddamn avatars would be nice, but I imagine FFXIV will be out before that happens.
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-19 11:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Segaia said:

Yeah, definitely. Kinda stupid that our only AOE heal caps out at like 90ish when all our other heals are more powerful...

My AOE heal does anywhere between 100-115ish atm O.O
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-19 11:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Segaia said:

My AOE heal does anywhere between 100-115ish atm O.O

Really? Most I ever get is mid 90's...but then again, I don't wear any CHR gear at all.

Still think we should get a Divine Waltz II. And a Dispelling Flourish... ^^
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-19 11:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Really? Most I ever get is mid 90's...but then again, I don't wear any CHR gear at all.

Still think we should get a Divine Waltz II. And a Dispelling Flourish... ^^

Aye~

I have a whole separate set for CHR, still trying to afford upgrading rings and getting a few other pieces but yea, if I have to heal someone I like to get it right lol

How much does ur waltz IV do?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-19 11:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:
I have a whole separate set for CHR, still trying to afford upgrading rings and getting a few other pieces but yea, if I have to heal someone I like to get it right lol

How much does ur waltz IV do?

Like 540ish if I recall correctly, but I could be wrong. TBH I don't use Waltz IV that often, usually waltz III + Drain Samba III is enough to keep the regulars I group with at or near max HP
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-19 11:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Like 540ish if I recall correctly, but I could be wrong. TBH I don't use Waltz IV that often, usually waltz III + Drain Samba III is enough to keep the regulars I group with at or near max HP

wow..didnt realize chr gear made that much of a difference o.o

but yea, i try to be more of a DD w/ Pyrrhic Kleos than anything when i'm in a group lol I can knock about 600-960 dmg on Pallas/Alky when he's got steps on him.
 Hades.Mmakk
Server: Hades
user: Mmakk
By Hades.Mmakk 2009-07-20 05:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

BST is my only 75 job, so it's the only job I'll comment on.

Seeing as our jug pets are consumables, it's rather annoying we're the only pet job whose pets don't zone with us. Would like to see that changed with jugs.

I admit I would like a job ability similar to berserk, but I don't see that happenning because as a pet job the focus should be on the pet; we are to war like pup is to mnk. In that case though I would like more control over Sic. Maybe the ability to choose if it will use it's tp defensively or offensively. A step further would be able to choose if it will use a single target attack, or an AoE; I could live without choosing exactly what it will use because that would be overkill going through menus or making macros for each situation and pet.

More high level jugs would be nice, maybe ones that don't require HQ synthesis and/or are easier to obtain materials for.

Those are just ideas, I would be happy with just having my pets zone.
 Bismarck.Erebes
Server: Bismarck
user: Merlynius
By Bismarck.Erebes 2009-07-24 19:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I said "it would be nice to see..." when I posted my list, not that SAM actually needs an update. To be honest, SAM is fine, those are more wish list items. I'd "like to see" lots of stuff, but those just made more sense if SE plans to keep it as an alternative tank job.

Having said that, SMN does NOT have a light based -attack- avatar. Carby is lol except for cures, and it would be nice to see a light based -attack- avatar to counter the Diabolos/Fenrir combo. Or even a neutral element avatar, nothing as strong as Bahamut of course but something safe to fall back on.

And yeah. Briing back the ability to mpk. Way more fun when you could do it at any moment.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-07-24 21:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmakk said:
BST is my only 75 job, so it's the only job I'll comment on.

Seeing as our jug pets are consumables, it's rather annoying we're the only pet job whose pets don't zone with us. Would like to see that changed with jugs.

I admit I would like a job ability similar to berserk, but I don't see that happenning because as a pet job the focus should be on the pet; we are to war like pup is to mnk. In that case though I would like more control over Sic. Maybe the ability to choose if it will use it's tp defensively or offensively. A step further would be able to choose if it will use a single target attack, or an AoE; I could live without choosing exactly what it will use because that would be overkill going through menus or making macros for each situation and pet.

More high level jugs would be nice, maybe ones that don't require HQ synthesis and/or are easier to obtain materials for.

Those are just ideas, I would be happy with just having my pets zone.

if u look on here for jugs u'll see theres serval real nice jug pets that never been released in hat dats , slime/leech birds an corul
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20