The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 224 225 226
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-18 09:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Sulevia'a Gauntlets are a great piece until you get Argosy Mufflers +1. Also as a random not make sure you replace your Apate Ring for Flamma Ring so you actually receive the set bonus from using Flamma Zucchetto +2.

Lol, I can't believe I've forgotten the ring.

Edit:

For the record I was referring to this comment about replacements for HQ Argosy from a few pages back.

Quote:
If we toss HQ argosy out, then your looking at Flamma +2 head definitely, well augmented valorous Hands / Body, well augmented Odyssean legs, WAR AF+3 feet or possibly Flamma +2 feet. If you don't want to spin the wheel on random augments then Flamma +2 Body / Hands / Legs will serve though it has no attack or Multi-Attack.

There was no mention of Sulevia's Gauntlets for hands, so I thought I would ask.
 Phoenix.Budah
Server: Phoenix
user: Budah
By Phoenix.Budah 2017-11-01 23:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an updated dps calculator for WAR. The latest one that I have found was from 2016 and requires massive amounts of updating. Would seem perfect if the DPS calculator could be stored with the guide.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-02 06:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Zulfiqar: 28 DMG 20 STR 23 acc 7 atk

That's insane. Is that a DM augment or Taupe stone?

Looks like Taupe, I've seen values like those before when chucking taupe on the Zulf to see what it gets.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-11-02 08:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it was a Taupe Stone.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-06 23:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

With the introduction of Flamma +2, how much have the optimal gearsets for WAR been shaken up? I know there was that big conversation a bit back about Flamma head/feet being extremely attractive options for Reso at attack cap, but are there other pieces that fit into sets as either highly competitive choices or just plain BiS options? Already picked up head and feet after that discussion, so curious on other pieces people might recommend.

I have access to the majority of gear, outside of +3 pieces and some of the more rare/expensive HQs. I just wanted to get some advice on what pieces would be good stopgaps until BiS options or what have become the new BiS choices. WAR is my first venture into 2H DD gearing, so apologies for the questions, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking some gear from inexperience.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-07 00:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think any other piece has BiS potential, but I'd say the entire Flamma +2 set is a solid stopgap for WS in attack capped situations once you factor in the set bonus.

Outside of that, if you have easy access to Valorous and don't mind the RNG grind, you can get very competitive augments for both TP/WS.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-07 01:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a smithing friend working on Argosy legs, so I'll grab Flamma body/hands this month, then. Thanks for the advice.

I based my current TP set off of the Great Sword A Tier set in the OP, as ever attaining QA3 Valorous seems to be a pipedream for me. With my current set, I have a DA5 Valorous body and I'd be substituting AF+2 legs in place of +3 and Flamma +2 feet in place of AF+3. Are there any suggestions you have for swaps for that set?

In regards to weapons, my current Zulfiqar has 19 damage, 18 STR, 24 acc/atk, and 3 DA, but I've also been eyeing that Raetic GS, even just the NQ, particularly after Snaps' recent posts. I've read that Ragnarok has lost a lot of its appeal with the power creep on new weapons, but I'm still hazy on what my end goal for GSword should be.

Apologies for all the questions, and I really appreciate the help.
By Darksparksnot 2017-11-07 01:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I found myself using reso on t4 zerg only, and not even all of them, i also use run dd or blu. Very limited use for me, 90% of my time engaged is probably ambuscade.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-07 01:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

All sounds good.

Zuliqar is def a solid option to replace Rag, but I'd keep a close eye on accuracy for WS, esp in your MS sets.

My personal example: When I started using my MS set for HELM/WoC zergs, I was very unimpressed with the damage increase. Spreadsheets said it should be massive, but I couldn't even beat other WARs that were just using Argosy +1 for MS Reso. Using Ragnarok, max vorseals, getting SV mads/honor march and sushi, it never crossed my mind that accuracy was uncapped. Almost about to give up on the MS set, we decided to do a torpor instead of attunement on Albumen and boom:

Needless to say, even with all that accuracy from Rag and other sources, I still needed a bit more to see the true potential. Instead of breaking even/losing to the Argosy +1 WARs, I was now beating them by a good 7-10% until they made MS sets of their own.

tl;dr Zuliqar is great, but sometimes the lost accuracy can matter.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-07 02:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Raetic Algol actually has a fair bit of accuracy. It only has 27 less acc than Ragnarok (HQ 22). My Zulqifar has Acc +20 on it and Raetic NQ is still ahead of that by 22. I think in this case you would be better off swapping out of one your crit damage pieces for more accuracy instead of a weapon swap.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-07 02:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't think I realized Raetic had that much accuracy until checking just now and haven't really used WAR since it was added. I think people can avoid Zuliqar/Ragnarok altogether now and just get a NQ Raetic Algol.
By Darksparksnot 2017-11-07 02:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think minor adjust in gear is a thing on zergs, like ejiin pointed is better to swap 1 buff for acc.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-07 02:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

All really good advice, really appreciate the help.

For an MS set, you'd just be aiming for 5/5 STR/crit dmg Valorous, right? I originally was thinking Boii feet, but your mention of accuracy kind of has me ruling those out.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-07 02:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally you want STR+15, Crit. damage +4% or STR+10, Crit. damage +5% with any amount of accuracy/attack being a bonus.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-07 08:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
All sounds good.

Zuliqar is def a solid option to replace Rag, but I'd keep a close eye on accuracy for WS, esp in your MS sets.

My personal example: When I started using my MS set for HELM/WoC zergs, I was very unimpressed with the damage increase. Spreadsheets said it should be massive, but I couldn't even beat other WARs that were just using Argosy +1 for MS Reso. Using Ragnarok, max vorseals, getting SV mads/honor march and sushi, it never crossed my mind that accuracy was uncapped. Almost about to give up on the MS set, we decided to do a torpor instead of attunement on Albumen and boom:

Needless to say, even with all that accuracy from Rag and other sources, I still needed a bit more to see the true potential. Instead of breaking even/losing to the Argosy +1 WARs, I was now beating them by a good 7-10% until they made MS sets of their own.

Aren't you on record as saying that DD's only need 1050 because BRD's exist? Back then I mentioned that accuracy can't be ignored and you ridiculed and insulted me.

You should check out Monte +1 sets, the extra Store TP lets you pair down and pile on multi-attack to go along with it's 5 TA. Of course it suffers from acc problems even more then Zulf so situations are situations.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-07 08:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Aren't you on record as saying that DD's only need 1050 because BRD's exist? Back then I mentioned that accuracy can't be ignored and you ridiculed and insulted me.

You got called out because you refused to admit accuracy swaps exist and you were advocating using only 1 high accuracy set in all situations regardless of buffs. In this specific example, 1050 accuracy is enough... until you swap to a MS set, then you need that extra accuracy from an additional buff or weap/gear swaps.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-07 08:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You got called out because you refused to admit accuracy swaps exist and you were advocating using only 1 high accuracy set in all situations regardless of buffs

No I didn't.. that was the strawman you created. I advised that 1100 acc should be the target for DD's to shoot for and the adjust from there, and that WS and TP sets should have the same accuracy for the exact problem you ran into. This was advice given to newer WAR's. It was also relating to the "super high end sets" you were creating that don't function on super high end content due to needing to swap to higher accuracy sets. I also mentioned tuning for Store TP to which you said, *** store TP cause SAM's roll exists, without thinking that SAM's roll takes you to the next x-hit level, meaning you still need to factor in where you start at.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-07 08:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I've read that Ragnarok has lost a lot of its appeal with the power creep on new weapons, but I'm still hazy on what my end goal for GSword should be.

For awhile now Rag has just been for when you ~really~ needed the accuracy. Monte +1 and Zulfiqar have been the go to weapons for pure Resolution spam, assuming you can sustain the acc requirements. Awhile back I did a comparison on their cycle times and it's Monte +1 -> Rag -> Zulf for WS speed with Zulf being right around Rag +/- depending on augments. Monte +1's TA 5 and 11 Store TP really mean a lot for WS spam, but you do take a hit on acc so it's a situational option.
By Blazed1979 2017-11-07 09:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

All sounds good.

***I want to come back now.
look at the beautiful *** reso! my ***'s hard
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-07 09:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That is an amazing Resolution...
Hitting the accuracy requirement is obviously important. How you get there is important, also. Equipment can offer traits that cannot be replicated with songs/bubbles/rolls: WS DMG and CRIT DMG are excellent examples of this. So, for sure, if you can get the accuracy you need from support jobs, gear for the traits that are unique and push your DPS to the limit.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-07 09:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's STR / CHD augmented gear then getting a little lucky on the pDiff and MA rolls. In your lua you can add a rule for Resolution to check if buffactive Mighty Strikes and put on the specialized set. Combining MS with Savagery Warcry is a beautiful thing.
By Pankas 2017-11-09 09:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And i'm wondering, where can i see such lua :).
Anyone... Pretty please...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-09 12:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what lua your using, different ones used different logic.

Basically looks something like this
Code
elseif spell.english == 'Resolution' then
				if buffactive["Mighty Strikes"] then
					equip(sets.ResolutionMA)
					send_command('@input /echo MS Resolution Set')
				else
					equip(sets.Resolution)
					send_command('@input /echo Resolution Set')
				end
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-11-09 12:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This has a Mighty Strikes set for Resolution, Upheaval, King's Justice. To add it to any other WS sets just create a new set with .MS at the end of each set name.

(Example: sets.WS.Stardiver.MS / sets.WS.Stardiver.MidACC.MS / sets.WS.Stardiver.HighACC.MS)
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-09 12:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use motes you can do something like this.

Code
function job_setup()
    state.Buff['Mighty Strikes'] = buffactive['Mighty Strikes'] or false
end

function init_gear_sets()
    sets.buff['Mighty Strikes'] = {}
end

function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' and state.Buff['Mighty Strikes'] then
        equip(sets.buffs['Mighty Strikes'])
    end
end

You can get even fancier if you want to have different MS gear for different WS but I suspect most people won't.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-11-09 14:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
If you use motes you can do something like this.

Code
function job_setup()
    state.Buff['Mighty Strikes'] = buffactive['Mighty Strikes'] or false
end

function init_gear_sets()
    sets.buff['Mighty Strikes'] = {}
end

function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' and state.Buff['Mighty Strikes'] then
        equip(sets.buffs['Mighty Strikes'])
    end
end

You can get even fancier if you want to have different MS gear for different WS but I suspect most people won't.

Because I use Great Axe often I really should make a second MS set for Upheaval trying for VIT and CritDMG. Until then does anyone recommend just using the STR/CritDMG Valorous pieces over the normal WS gear or just swap to Yetshila and Boii +1 and call it a day? Basically how much VIT should I give up for CritDMG with MS up?
By DaneBlood 2017-11-12 23:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

reutrning layer here.

just finsinhed up getting some base gear from alluvian skirmish and mixing it with some bayld gear as well

1: Which augment should i go for?

2: anything i should pickup from plasma gear ?

3: any other advice to go next for improving gear ?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-11-12 23:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Just burn a couple stones to put an augment line on each piece, but don't really waste time/gil with this. This isn't suppose to be a long term set.

2. Chaac belt is nice for TH+ and Asperity necklace is still a pretty decent starting option for neck piece. The rest can be skipped.

3. Start spamming Ambuscade once you have a decent 119 set.
[+]
By Pankas 2017-11-16 06:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
This has a Mighty Strikes set for Resolution, Upheaval, King's Justice. To add it to any other WS sets just create a new set with .MS at the end of each set name.

(Example: sets.WS.Stardiver.MS / sets.WS.Stardiver.MidACC.MS / sets.WS.Stardiver.HighACC.MS)
Thanks Fiasko, will try to go through it after work and try to accommodate this lua to my needs. Much appreciated
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 224 225 226