Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-12-19 16:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
BlaTheTaru said: »
So I 5 boxed Kei last night on Warrior and what a wild ride that was. Took me a while but I downed him making 3 step lights or 4 step radiances depending on if he had wind spikes up or not.

My biggest hindrance of the fight was Malign Invocation causing me amnesia. Aside from entrusting vex or attunement and keeping up bar amnesia the entire fight, what sort of magic evasion set could I use on war? Ive got a great hybrid set I full time while tanking these guys, but that amnesia can last up to 7 seconds and that's quite a long time trying to close skillchains.

Also, I'm doing to attempt OU without much support at some point. If I push him to his next stage after he uses Kins move does he lose access to eleventh dimension?

Wait how did you do it exactly? Just spam SC damage to break it’s shielding? Or one of the mules was a GEO and you steadily imputed /send nukes?
Four step SC. Do pretty good damage when its shield is down.
I went WAR, BRD, GEO, WHM, COR
I dn't remember the sc, but if you look up Ejin's kei video it's that.
By SimonSes 2019-12-19 16:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerison said: »
React took care of fullers

For me my HP took care of Fullers lol
By Ozaii 2019-12-28 11:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. I am trying to help a friend who returned from a few year break. How does un upgraded chango perform compared tp rhe ambu weapons. As well is ragnarok still worth making now days or would an augmented chango blow it away? And what is wars best blunt weapon as well. Since I personally like to have all damage types covered if possible. So I can encourage him to make such.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-12-28 11:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Chango is great.
Ragnarok sucks ***.
I’d imagine Ambus H2H is the better of the blunts.
By Ozaii 2019-12-28 11:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome. Saves time and money then.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-01 15:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Question on KEI. Is there a warrior setup (arke/hybrid?) that will allow multistep on him as the main DPS? I've recently learned that malignance helps resists for light armor jobs. I'm wondering how warrior could perform.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-01 15:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Someone posted that they did it on WAR a few pages ago. SAM, MNK and NIN are all better choices really. Or use SCH Fusion to Truflight or Dimidation. I can't see WAR being the best choice, unless you have no choice.

RUN SCH GEO RNG is easy win with Trueflight. RUN SCH BRD GEO COR can do it with Dimidation. SAM or MNK need a dedicated healer in addition.

RUN isnt going to work for me. Thoughts on pup instead?
By SimonSes 2020-01-01 15:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK need a dedicated healer in addition

MNK WHM COR BRD kill in like 8 min assuming benediction around 60%
 Asura.Bayonette
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-01-09 11:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 100% Double Attack on my /SAM and /NIN builds, it’s a great way to play. Should I up it to 102% like my PLD SIRD set to actually cap it? Is 102 necessary?
By Taint 2020-01-09 15:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bayonette said: »
I have 100% Double Attack on my /SAM and /NIN builds, it’s a great way to play. Should I up it to 102% like my PLD SIRD set to actually cap it? Is 102 necessary?

100 caps you.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-01-09 16:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You should almost never use arke set since it has 0 meva. One of the biggest noob trap sets out there. Resist all ailments is halved potency on NM as well which most important things we fight are. To deal with the slow spikes just overcap your haste, either do a third march song or indi haste works. When i do this on SAM I do marchx3/min and geo frail/indi vex if I only have one geo. SAM is going to be a lot better at doing this than WAR but if properly geared/buffed there should be no reason chango war can't destroy kei, the main thing to slow you down will be the amnesia if it lands due to having much lower meva outside of volte set.
By BlaTheTaru 2020-01-10 13:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Wait how did you do it exactly? Just spam SC damage to break it’s shielding? Or one of the mules was a GEO and you steadily imputed /send nukes?

I just 4 stepped radiance or I 3 stepped double light or radiance depending on if I had 2k tp to open with upheaval. Sorry, I never saw your question until now.

Someone posted that they did it on WAR a few pages ago.

Thats me!

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Question on KEI. Is there a warrior setup (arke/hybrid?) that will allow multistep on him as the main DPS? I've recently learned that malignance helps resists for light armor jobs. I'm wondering how warrior could perform.

So the first time I did it I took war, brd, geo, rdm, and whm.

Geo has Idris though it doesn't make a huge difference as I was using haste, to counteract the slow spikes. Frailty helps a ton as I would run her out before I pushed it to fetters. War doesn't get enough meva sadly so I rely on entrust vex, barfira, and bar amnesia from the whm. My brd is 4 song, mythic, honormarch, and ghorn with bis sets. She is the only reason I was able to clear it without a cor. I highly suggest bringing a cor for allies, and sam's.

After I beat it the first time I started taking my group with a cor, and another geo to keep vex on it. I swapped from geo haste to fury/frailty and stacked honor/victory march with 2 mads. Depending on how early it will bene the fight takes about 4-5 minutes.

It's a ton of fun on war and I honestly didn't think I was capable of doing it. I didn't use barfira/amnesia the first time and amnesia made it about a 35 minute fight. You'll be super buff dependent on war. If you have any other questions please ask.
By RudraXIV 2020-01-12 06:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone could post a King's Justice set please ? Im not sure what i need, wsd or DA, TA ?
By Spaitin 2020-01-12 13:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

which weapon you using?
By RudraXIV 2020-01-12 14:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Chango (R15) in process
By Aerison 2020-01-12 16:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an updated Savage Blade set for war, tried searching thread but all the sets were blank.

Thanks.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-01-12 16:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an updated Savage Blade set for war, tried searching thread but all the sets were blank.

Thanks.

Check out mysticzero’s dw/fencer/polearm etc thread: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54111/warrior-dwfencerpolearmh2hranged/
By Aerison 2020-01-12 16:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »

Thanks.

Check out mysticzero’s dw/fencer/polearm etc thread: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54111/warrior-dwfencerpolearmh2hranged/
Awesome, thanks.
By Spaitin 2020-01-22 19:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

RudraXIV said: »
Anyone could post a King's Justice set please ? Im not sure what i need, wsd or DA, TA ?
ItemSet 370967

when using chango, you dont really need a MA set. since you are firing at 1750 TP minimum anyway. (closer to 1850)

I run sam/fighter. so you are looking at pretty high MA anyway. if you are using conq i could see using a MA set.

The difference between MA and WSD builds at 1750 ish TP is negligible (i think WSD wins now). The MA set has the disadvantage of being squishy. but if you are hell bent on making it.

ItemSet 370968
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-22 20:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

At low TP it's MA, but after ~1700 or so it's WSD. Basically the only time your gonna use a MA set is with a non-Chango GAXE and Warcry isn't up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By RudraXIV 2020-01-25 05:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answer, thats mostly what i were using already :)
Wasnt sure tho x)
By Taint 2020-01-25 05:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

STR+13 DA+1 really beats the DA+9 and Acc on other belt?

Probably due to Fighters roll.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-25 09:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior question for Kei.

Using this gearset. How much haste is needed to counter Kei?

ItemSet 360783

I have idris geo and 4-song aeonic bard. Typical buffs are haste/march/march/indihaste.

Am I overkill for countering Kei slow?
By BlaTheTaru 2020-01-25 10:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's overkill. I would rock 3 marches and use fury?frailty from geo. You should only be slowed 50% of the time.
By Crossbones 2020-01-25 12:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You can overcompensate for the slow with either a third march song or a geo haste. Three marches allows you to use both frailty and vex and I like that better since vex should help you avoid amnesia more often. I know WAR has much lower MEVA than SAM but on SAM I can go a dozen Kei runs without getting hit with amnesia once and I think vex is a big part of that.
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2020-01-25 12:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

so im seeing liberator r15 getting really nice dmg which makes me think has anyone tried r15 bravura?
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2020-01-25 14:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pretre said: »
so im seeing liberator r15 getting really nice dmg which makes me think has anyone tried r15 bravura?

It's the same as it was at r0. Pretty meh. Even the dt- aspect is pretty superfluous.
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 224 225 226