Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-07 18:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I bought Moonlight rings at ~22M each a year ago, sold them for about 30M each 3 months ago and now they're 40M! How are crafted item prices going up so much?

Well this particular item appreciates over time. It’s a beautifully Hybrid Friendly Ring and will stay put as BiS likely for a very long time; Demand will likely be solid.

The rate that people are doing full-clear Omen is dropping so the Supplies to make it are falling off even though the material itself is probably much cheaper than before. So it’s a case of a great item made for cheap but in a non-competitive market. Freebie for the crafter.
By Spaitin 2019-10-07 21:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They are just great rings and we are at a spike in the supply/demand.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 02:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

H2H war might be a thing now lol. Guess ill make a karambit this month. was thinking about it before but just never made it. if you have a dnc in your party, during MS or blood rage you might actually gain TP faster than mnk lol(can avoid a lot of Martial Arts bad side). Could do something like 100 DA with very high STP and 63%+ crit hit rate. (so an average of 30 extra STP per swing). FTP tranfering on all hits with the karambit boost might actually make that WS very solid. Still hard to buff it. Probably just a WSD set. crit dmg during MS probably makes it outrageous to be honest.
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-10-10 03:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i was getting 24k on my war i most likely dont have the best set just use relic+3 but its not bad

with cap att or rly rly close to it
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 03:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
i was getting 24k on my war i most likely dont have the best set just use relic+3 but its not bad

with cap att or rly rly close to it
I dont think it will be particularly good without MS. Not really a good way to buff it. cant get any more hits and it cant crit on its own. 24k however is close to double what i have heard people say you could get out of it before. If you MS then you can stack crit dmg which might be a massive boost. might get in the 60-70k range. When i make one ill try a MS with crit or WSD gear stacked on it against a level 1 rabbit. multiply that by 8 and you get your theoretical max dmg.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-10-10 03:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

with MS i was doing 36k but dont rly have much for crit dmg because that dam eats my stones lol
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 03:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The most important question I have is what was your set and what was your target? cuz 36k on MS seems very low. my guess is you are low on attack cap or not all your hits are landing. I could do that 36k WS before the update WIHTOUT karambit if attack was capped. Used to do omen and could hit 30k on kin with raging fists without MS.

I recommend a bunny as a target stacking crit dmg gear if you got it and figuring out how much the single hit does.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-10-10 04:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
The most important question I have is what was your set and what was your target? cuz 36k on MS seems like very low on attack cap or not all your hits are landing. I could do that before the update WIHTOUT karambit if attack was capped.
Relic+3 head body hands feet
argosy+1 leg bath D (shards are never on AH)
neck+2 R25
cape ambu STR+30 acc/att+20 and WSD+10%
belt Fotia Belt
Rings Regal and Niqmaddu
earring telos and moonshade
and ammo is Seeth. Bomblet +1
ik not the best but its what i had to use

on the bats at dho gates
Edit now thinking about it i was not sub mnk i was sub sam so that may *** with the numbers a little bit
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Several bonuses that only applied to the first hit of the following weapon skills will now apply to all hits.
Combo / Tackle / One Inch Punch / Backhand Blow / Raging Fists / Spinning Attack / Howling Fist / Dragon Kick / Asuran Fists / Ascetic’s Fury / Stringing Pummel / Tornado Kick / Victory Smite / Shijin Spiral
*TP damage adjustments and certain equipment effects will now apply to all hits.
*The same is true for extra hits granted by double attack, triple attack, and the like.
In line with the above adjustment, The damage adjustment value is now spread evenly across all hits for the following weapon skills.
Combo / Raging Fists/ Howling Fist / Dragon Kick / Tornado Kick / Victory Smite / Shijin Spiral
The potencies of the following weapon skills have been increased.
Asuran Fists / Shijin Spiral
That is pretty interesting now that I think about it. Raging fists AND asuran got changed quite a bit.
During MS a set that looks something like this should be ideal.

ItemSet 368981

crit dmg and str on all augments. probably str and WSD on back piece?
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-10-10 04:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

welp WSD will help more then anything els even if its only first hit
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

welp WSD will help more then anything els even if its only first hit
not on MS. not even close. Unless they did something wierd like making WSD transfer to all hits on h2h. which they actually might have.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-10-10 04:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

was talking about the cape
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

was talking about the cape
Then yeah I agree. WSD is probably ideal. Impulse/save cape is the way to go. upheaval cape would also be good.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-10-10 04:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

welp 15/15% for VIT and STR so both should work the same
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

welp 15/15% for VIT and STR so both should work the same
sorta, they actually might have changed the modifiers on asuran fists. and str will do more than vit actually. pdifSTR

Alright. i made karambit. raging fists and asuran fists here we go.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 06:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So raging fist is the way to go. 50k average on bats at 3k tp. (not positive i had capped attack either. just using trusts.)

Could use more testing with real buffers. But with rostam sam/fighters with capped attack and boost str/entrust str i could see a 55k average pretty easily at super high TP values. if you partied with a real dnc for haste samba it is an interesting tool to add to the shed. 87k raging fists in a non optomised WS set during MS. (basically just regular reso set.). I think you could see a 99k raging fists.

**** edit 99k when i optomised the set for crit dmg.

Might have to try it on vinit later. got 70k+ average on belphegor. Probably out best blunt option by a mile now.

72k AF on belphegor during MS. not too shabby.

It appears a few of the WS might have been completely reworked. I.E. I think raging has completely different ftp values and possibly mods not to mention it transferring.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-10 07:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be in later to check the different WS at 1K and see how well they work, TK was the previous go-to WS at 1K when screwing around. My WAR/MNK Troll build gets to see life again.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 09:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 368982
That set was for regular RF, maybe dagon instead of body? sulevia hands instead of argosy hands and possibly sulevia legs? Ammo could probably go with peuapea.

ItemSet 368983

This set was auged with crit dmg and str for MS. same one i use for MS reso. DA on cape. STR.

Basically this is all the same as reso.

Basically at low TP values it is pretty meh. 2k and above it gets kind of fun. kind of like a warcry only WS. It responded EXTREMELY well to MS. the MNKS already figured it out. 1-2.2-3.7ish ftp transfered to all hits on a 5 hit WS.

Around 25k at 1k TP around 37k at 2kTP and then it gets crazy at 3k tp with 56k being a common number. My set might be able to be optimized as well. More extreme h2h reso/decimation basically. TK , AF, DK are pretty meh. Fun tool. dont find it game changing though. great for soloing belphegor.

I did 5 WS on non blunt weak mobs with the MS set and did 99k all 5 times. Firing at 2k + moonshade/warcry. on blunt weak it is probably just 99k as fast as you can pull the trigger.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-10-10 15:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
ItemSet 368982
That set was for regular RF, maybe dagon instead of body? sulevia hands instead of argosy hands and possibly sulevia legs? Ammo could probably go with peuapea.

ItemSet 368983

This set was auged with crit dmg and str for MS. same one i use for MS reso. DA on cape. STR.

Basically this is all the same as reso.

Basically at low TP values it is pretty meh. 2k and above it gets kind of fun. kind of like a warcry only WS. It responded EXTREMELY well to MS. the MNKS already figured it out. 1-2.2-3.7ish ftp transfered to all hits on a 5 hit WS.

Around 25k at 1k TP around 37k at 2kTP and then it gets crazy at 3k tp with 56k being a common number. My set might be able to be optimized as well. More extreme h2h reso/decimation basically. TK , AF, DK are pretty meh. Fun tool. dont find it game changing though. great for soloing belphegor.

I did 5 WS on non blunt weak mobs with the MS set and did 99k all 5 times. Firing at 2k + moonshade/warcry. on blunt weak it is probably just 99k as fast as you can pull the trigger.

thats rly good to know ty for testing ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-10 16:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So club is finally dethroned by H2H for blunt damage?
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 16:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

havnt run parses against them, but probably. however club isnt bad. Thinking a set up with war/mnk x2 with geo cor bard whm with one of them going /dnc to give haste samba for 5% plus the martial arts from /mnk and mache earrings to get you close to cap. Probably part of an ideal set up to smack down vinipata. maybe 8 man with run and healer in outside. each raging fist will do 99k pretty easily on him.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-10 16:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

IIRC, some mobs dont consider h2h blunt damage, just like ranged isnt considered piercing, or something weird like that.

Or maybe thats just for the weird damage shields.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 16:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

IIRC, some mobs dont consider h2h blunt damage, just like ranged isnt considered piercing, or something weird like that.

Or maybe thats just for the weird damage shields.
yeah blunt and h2h are different but commonly represented the same way on many mob types?
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 16:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

thats rly good to know ty for testing ^^
yeah it was kinda fun. side note, anyone know how to calculate TP on h2h? wanna figure out what kind of builds are on it and I am not positive how the tp return/tp a hit works on it.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-10 17:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Delay = 480 + Weapon Delay - Martial Arts

The 20% Floor is still in effect and acts like Dual Wield.

Assuming 49 MNK you get -140 MA and 2 Mache +1 earrings is another -26.

(480 + 96 - 140 - 23) = 413, then /2 for each fist at 207. So I think around 67.6 TP per hit.

Floor would be (480+96) * 0.2 = 115 is the absolute floor.

413 * 0.3125 = 129

So still 12.1% off from the delay capped. Get a DNC around and we can reach it.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 20:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

after seeing how martial arts works, i wish war got raging fists without having to go /mnk. since you need a dnc anyway that martial arts is mostly a negative effect.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-10-10 20:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you could go /PUP for one tier lower.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 20:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

not a bad idea. poor monk tp gain. geeze Martial arts needs to go and get replaced by some other form of JA haste.
First Page 2 3 ... 163 164 165 ... 224 225 226