Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 ... 224 225 226
By devasbismarck 2019-06-27 20:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks yeah it does
By Autocast 2019-06-27 21:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So crit damage valorous weaponskill sets for mighty strikes, which pieces are worth it? Do they require damn near perfect augs to beat standard gear? More useful for resolution than Upheaval?

Also with r15 chango in play for MS zergs, is Reso spam still higher dps?
By Spaitin 2019-06-28 06:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
So crit damage valorous weaponskill sets for mighty strikes, which pieces are worth it? Do they require damn near perfect augs to beat standard gear? More useful for resolution than Upheaval?

ItemSet 366561
This is the reso set i use. feet have 4 critdmg and 15 str

ItemSet 366564
i use this one while brazen rush is up for reso. str and critdmg on all the val gear.

ItemSet 366563
this is the upheaval set for MS that i use. feet/pants augmented with 4 critdmg and 15 vit.

and as far as reso vs upheaval in MS zerg. the answer is sorta. Reso seems to hit a good chunk harder (80k+ average isnt out of the question) but it doesnt SC very well. usually when I MS zerg one of us does reso and the other does upheaval for better SC compatibility. Inside escha with raetic, the raetic war usually wins by a good chunk.
[+]
By geigei 2019-06-28 09:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that brazen set for when MS is also up?
By Spaitin 2019-06-28 09:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i have a rule set for when brazen and MS are both up to use that set then switch to the other one. TBH you can just keep the same set the whole time. it isnt a giant difference. THe val gear has the advantage of not being defenseless like the argosy.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-07-14 10:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got drepanum the other day out of boredom. Not as good as other options, but pretty solid during warcry if you are sick of upheaval/reso/impulse animation.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2019-07-15 16:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a good starter weapon to shoot for? I thought maybe the JSE Gaxe, but the Toporok isn't stocked well on my server.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-15 17:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said: »
What is a good starter weapon to shoot for? I thought maybe the JSE Gaxe, but the Toporok isn't stocked well on my server.
Since Minos seems to be harder for you, there's always the Su2 GA: hepatizon axe
Getting that first 100 JP is pretty easy enough just with a Bayld GA.

And if you can get help, there's the T2s in Escha Ru'Aun and Zi'Tah that drop meh GAs.

Though if you've got people for that you probably have people to go straight to Chango.
EDIT: Or the Ambuscade GA/Shining One.
By ocean 2019-07-15 19:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Autocast said: »

ItemSet 366561
This is the reso set i use. feet have 4 critdmg and 15 str

ItemSet 366564
i use this one while brazen rush is up for reso. str and critdmg on all the val gear.

ItemSet 366563
this is the upheaval set for MS that i use. feet/pants augmented with 4 critdmg and 15 vit.

and as far as reso vs upheaval in MS zerg. the answer is sorta. Reso seems to hit a good chunk harder (80k+ average isnt out of the question) but it doesnt SC very well. usually when I MS zerg one of us does reso and the other does upheaval for better SC compatibility. Inside escha with raetic, the raetic war usually wins by a good chunk.

Ty for sharing. Mind if I ask how you came to the MS upheaval conclusion? I find crit dmg mixed in with double attack does better, but this is with very limited testing.
By Spaitin 2019-07-15 21:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I am almost always running sam/fighters and then you have brazen rush. so you are already at well over 100% DA with this set for at least 25ish sec of the MS (assuming BR works about how i figure it works). Without brazen rush you are usually 80% - 85% DA. etxtra ma is a just a trade off, but pummeler legs are a good option. . My conclusion came from in game testing against a full WSD set and a set with WSD with swapped out feet and ammo. It beat those pretty easy. Idk if this is the "best" set. But it works well and I can kill stuff. It might be even better to swap out hands body and head for more cdmg-vit. But augments irritate me and I havnt done it. Acc becomes a bit of a fear for me when you are 5/5 augmented gear. Attack cap issues can also sneak up on you sometimes with aug gear in high end content like dynamis wave three and helms. What ws sets were you using?

One of these days i will get around to it. But MS testing is a pain.
By ocean 2019-07-16 00:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Great point about BR, and completely agree about the accuracy fears and oseem bs. I'll probably change my cape to WS dmg instead of double attack. My current Upheavel MS set below:

ammo="Yetshila +1",
head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Attack+17','Crit. hit damage +5%','VIT+10','Accuracy+6',}},
body={ name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Accuracy+24','Crit. hit damage +5%','Attack+6',}},
hands={ name="Valorous Mitts", augments={'Accuracy+23','Crit. hit damage +5%','VIT+8',}},
legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Crit. hit damage +5%','Accuracy+20','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}},
feet="Boii calligae +1",
neck="War. Beads +2",
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Mache Earring +1",
right_ear="Moonshade Earring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','VIT+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-07-16 05:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Your set looks good to me. The only two fears I would have with it is ACC and Attack on high end content. Id swap out the boii feet. they have great crit dmg but no vit and no stp like the val feet do. Mine have a very good augment though. 15 vit and 4 crit dmg with 31 acc. So 16 more vit and 5 stp vs 3 crit dmg. Since you use reagal pummelers legs are a decent option. On stuff like neak. your set might win. On stuff like albumen or WOC, my set might win just out of attack and acc cap issues. Yours probably has a higher DPS potential, but most likely a pretty similar amount of dps. For brazen rush I should probably swap out neck waist and brutal earring for ishvara and more vit.

This set might be the way to go if you are willing to spend a fortune on great augments. Use this set during brazen then switch to the other for the rest of MS. ItemSet 367715
Could use caudata belt instead of windbuffet?
Edit ** Doing some quick math. Agoge head pumm body should beat the 4 crit dmg val head/body. so probably just the hands legs feet on the val gear.
By Spaitin 2019-07-16 11:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I recommend montante+1 for a beginer. Easy to get and it is actually useable in endgame. You can get it really fast and it is one of the best weapons in the game for war.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-07-16 13:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also grind through some Ambu and pick up the axe.
Gives you some nice options.

Decimation will use the same gear set as Resolution, and will also be more accurate than a Montante+1. IMO Reso/Decimation is easier to gear for than weaponskills that require a large chunk of WSDMG (+3 relic head/AF+3 body could take some time for a beginner).

You can actually get by using Flamma+2 with the set effect as long as your attack is capped/buffed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-07-16 13:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I recommend montante+1 for a beginer. Easy to get and it is actually useable in endgame. You can get it really fast and it is one of the best weapons in the game for war.

Depends on what jobs he has, how well geared they are, and/or if he has friend willing to help. That NM isn't exactly an easy solo with trusts for a 'beginner'. Basically, I'd think any player that doesnt have a better weapon already, will probably struggle to solo that. Maybe RUN could do it without being well geared? He's kinda annoying with trusts for most jobs from what I remember. It wasnt that long ago that people struggled with him in general (ok it was probably 2-3 years, but still...)

The obvious answer is Raetic +1 instead as about the time you could find a group and kill it enough to get the drop because RNG hates you, one could probably farm enough gil for a raetic algol +1. maybe?
By Spaitin 2019-07-16 14:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
The obvious answer is Raetic +1

think you need 500 jp to get raetic equiped, at that point you arent that new anymore.So not a good choice for a "new war" since it would be unusable. My next option would be soloing alluvion skirmish for a macbain. that you can do solo with crappy gear. Another option would be just the regular kaja builds. going sword/shield is actually really good with war and how I started out farming my utu grip. Getting kaja sword and blurred shield and some val/ody gear and tanking/dpsing kin is not a bad option.

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
IMO Reso/Decimation is easier to gear for than weaponskills that require a large chunk of WSDMG (+3 relic head/AF+3 body could take some time for a beginner).

Very true.
[+]
By Brynach 2019-07-21 10:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Have any of yall had issues with your Warcry being 30 seconds in duration even when having Agoge Mask +3 equipped? The mask is equipping correctly when the JA is used, but ive gone so far as to put the mask on and lock the head slot.
By Spaitin 2019-07-21 14:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

are you going by the timers add on? Because that was never updated and wont give an accurate time.
By Brynach 2019-07-21 20:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

are you going by the timers add on? Because that was never updated and wont give an accurate time.

Yes, damn. That is what I was basing my count on. After checking the status timer, looks like I was wrong looking at the timer value.
By Spaitin 2019-07-22 12:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Brynach said: »

Yes, damn. That is what I was basing my count on. After checking the status timer, looks like I was wrong looking at the timer value.
Happens to many of us.
By aisukage 2019-07-28 14:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one know how fatality belt holds up for MS upheaval sets? (2% crit damage when SP is active.)
 Lakshmi.Likos
Server: Lakshmi
user: Likos
By Lakshmi.Likos 2019-07-30 12:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few questions.

- Optimizing my MS gear; I have Valorous mitts with +9 wsd. Should I be using those over a decently augmented V mitts with crit dmg for WS?

- Boii +1 feet or a well augmented Valorous greaves for MS?

- Recently got a +2quad attack, +4 crit hit rate Valorous Mail. Should I give up trying to "improve" this, or keep aiming for +3 QA? This is like my sixth time getting +2.

Thanks
By Spaitin 2019-08-06 02:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. new shield seems like an improvement on adapa i guess. body seems like a magic WS item. Neither are terribly exciting.

The popoto gratin seems amazing. 5 da/stp.
By bonz 2019-08-12 06:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone have a really good Impulse Drive set they would like to share ???
By benitez 2019-08-12 12:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Dagon Breastplate still BIS for TP for 2 handed weapons? Great Sword, Great Axe, and Polearm included? Single hand weapons still need the Dual Wield from Emicho?
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Server: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-08-12 13:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

benitez said: »
Is Dagon Breastplate still BIS for TP for 2 handed weapons? Great Sword, Great Axe, and Polearm included? Single hand weapons still need the Dual Wield from Emicho?

If you have the double attack roll up Dagon is bis. If not, valorous with 5da would be better, assuming the rest of your gear allows a 5 DA augment on valorous mail to give you 100 DA without roll up.

If your gear does not allow 100% DA, then Dagon would be better.

Tl:dr, it depends on buffs and gear.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2019-08-12 16:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dagon is behind STP augmented gear when you have 100 DA. it is behind val body when you have less than 100 DA.

benitez said: »

so to answer your question, dagon has really never been BIS for TP gain. unless it came out before val gear?

Edit**** it isnt a bad TP piece by any means though. Only thing i find it BIS for is my raetic TP set since it has MP.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 ... 224 225 226