Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yso
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yso 2018-07-01 11:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
can get VIT and WSD on Val legs?

Yes, it is possible. By the way, I didn't see you specify for WS. It would depend on WS. Myself I use Valorous legs, because I got a WSD+8 dark matter augment on them. I've yet to see/get that on Odyssean legs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-01 12:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yso said: »
Why do people use Ody over Val legs? 3% DA beats 2%?

Perhaps for the STP+5?

Accuracy and Store TP. Ody Legs have Acc +15 Store TP +5 DA +2 on them and free Store TP is really important for WS's, lets you use less Store TP in your TP set.

Asura.Yso said: »
can get VIT and WSD on Val legs?

Yes, it is possible. By the way, I didn't see you specify for WS. It would depend on WS. Myself I use Valorous legs, because I got a WSD+8 dark matter augment on them. I've yet to see that on Odyssean legs.

That's DM augments though, they are the same pool for all gear.
By olson2189 2018-07-02 10:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
They're pretty much the same as Savage Blade. Judgment is the better of the two for pure damage. Hexa Strike is also something to think about if doing SCs.

Thanks. Judgment is also same as Savage Blade set? Also, how is Black Halo same as SB set when Black Halo is more skewed toward MND on the stat modifier? Is it simply because WAR's lack of access to MND gear?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-02 13:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Their talking about the fTP scaling properties of Black Halo and Judgement being similar to Savage Blade. They start at mediocre at 1K, get good at 2K and become godly around 3K TP.
By Sockfoot 2018-07-02 18:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Their talking about the fTP scaling properties of Black Halo and Judgement being similar to Savage Blade. They start at mediocre at 1K, get good at 2K and become godly around 3K TP.
Using the same words, wouldn't 2k be 'godly' and 3k be 'good' in all three WS? (in terms of fTP to TP)
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2018-07-03 09:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to reach 100% da without sacrificing much?Looking through some of the tp sets that have been posted here, those with %94 da specifically, is focal orb 2% da ammo, portus collar 3% da neck viable at all? I looked through alot of pages to see If either were mentioned.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-03 12:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker said: »
Is it possible to reach 100% da without sacrificing much?Looking through some of the tp sets that have been posted here, those with %94 da specifically, is focal orb 2% da ammo, portus collar 3% da neck viable at all? I looked through alot of pages to see If either were mentioned.

It's about what you get in return for what you give, those pieces you mention come at a loss of +Store TP which either lowers your cycle time or enhances the damage of your next WS. Then you have Yetshila that provides a damage boost slightly better then what 1 or 2 DA would give. Diminishing returns hits MA builds hard once they get around 2.0 average attacks per round and you start looking elsewhere for damage gains.
By olson2189 2018-07-05 10:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The new dyna neckpiece seems kinda meh as far as I can tell. You have to give up Fotia neck (0.1 fTP) versus 30 extra TP bonus, which even on a high-scaling WS like Savage Blade translates to far less than +0.1 fTP
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-05 10:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It also gives 25 atk and acc, and +1 fencer is 50 TP bonus, not 30.

They're probably close on WSs with good scaling but no fTP transfer.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-05 10:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be 50 TP bonus, which is at least 0.175 fTP for Savage Blade assuming you're hitting the fTP ceiling.
By olson2189 2018-07-05 12:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

BG wiki shows the 8th Fencer tier providing a 30 TP bonus. From 600 to 630 going from tier 7 to tier 8. Shield + relic hands get you to tier 7, the new neck would get you to 8. Am I misinterpreting that table?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-05 12:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Right interpretation but you would never be using those together. The hands suck for WS's compared to the various alternatives.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-05 13:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

olson2189 said: »
BG wiki shows the 8th Fencer tier providing a 30 TP bonus. From 600 to 630 going from tier 7 to tier 8. Shield + relic hands get you to tier 7, the new neck would get you to 8. Am I misinterpreting that table?

The trait tiers don't work the same as the Fencer +1. Each Fencer +1 gives a static 50 TP Bonus and some critical hit rate. At least according to bg-wiki, I never did the testing.
By olson2189 2018-07-05 14:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
olson2189 said: »

The trait tiers don't work the same as the Fencer +1. Each Fencer +1 gives a static 50 TP Bonus and some critical hit rate. At least according to bg-wiki, I never did the testing.

Interesting, how do we even know the effects of tiers VI through VIII are if those are just job traits and not Job Traits plus Fencer+ gear? There's no way to get past tier V without Fencer+ gear, so I just assumed the effects from those additional tiers were solely from Fencer+ gear.

I agree the wiki page is confusing. The note at the bottom suggests a flat +50 TP bonus for every point. Yet, the only way to go from tier 7 to 8 is from Fencer+ gear, and that's only a 30 TP bonus, so the note must be incorrect?
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-05 15:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like the table came from an official post on the JP forums. It might be worth testing (should be easy with Cloudsplitter) because the devs sometimes post incorrect information regarding these things.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-06 13:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Where would I find information about Brazen Rush? Not Bgwiki, not pedia.

Consult your local fortune teller or astrologist.

SE isn't known for openly telling us what everything does. BR is just 100% DA rate for 30s by the way.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-06 13:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What info about Brazen Rush are you looking for specifically? If the info isn't listed on the sites you mentioned, this thread is probably the better place to ask, since those sites may not always have complete information that stems from in-depth discussion.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-07-06 14:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Where would I find information about Brazen Rush? Not Bgwiki, not pedia.

Consult your local fortune teller or astrologist.

SE isn't known for openly telling us what everything does. BR is just 100% DA rate for 30s by the way.
I'm certain that an admin reads what I post. They always wondered why I get so defensive. If you can't answer the question without being fercicious, why bother?
you got really defensive really fast, point proven. but having a complete question would maybe help in get the non-"fercicious" answer your looking for. are you perhaps in the decay rate of brazen rush? maybe the effect affecting dual wield the same or not? maybe the developer who came up with the idea? who ever made the animation for the sp? gear that enhances the effect? can zanshin proc on a brazen rush miss making it look like triple attack?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-07-08 21:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the OP cover Brazen Rush? Also, is there, or has there ever been a gearset, for those 30 seconds?
Nope.

Possibly at one point, but the ability is pretty redundant at this point in the game.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 21:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

BR's biggest benefit is the increased WS damage with multi-hit WS's during MS with Warcry up from guaranteeing two extra hits. It's a strategy about stacking everything such that your guaranteed maximum damage potential during a specific time window.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-07-09 03:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Boii damage procs can only occur on double attacks. Relic procs cannot occur on multi-attacks.

Unless you're asking if both can occur separately from each other. In which case, probably.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-07-10 00:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
No. Boii damage procs can only occur on double attacks. Relic procs cannot occur on multi-attacks.

Unless you're asking if both can occur separately from each other. In which case, probably.

I kinda miss playing around the Voidwatch era. Usually you'd be rocking 4/5 Empyrean. It was pretty sexy when the armor would proc along side the Empyrean aftermath. So first hit would be ODD, 2nd hit would be ODD+ Armor proc. It was even better if both hits crit.

Relics procs are first hit only sadly. Might be possible to have a relic, and armor proc in the same attack round. But full Boii isn't even worth using. Maybe if they upgrade it to +2/+3 we might see some set effects again. Outside of testing purposes what is the point?

:/
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 224 225 226