(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2019-03-13
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 166 167
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-16 14:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SR is a bad place to compare weapon dps since the fights are so short, and it's really about who can get and maintain the lead first. If you have to spend time using spells or buffs or something, you lose seconds (dps). If someone engages just one second before you, you lose. At most those bosses last 25-30 seconds, and some of them do dumb stuff like amnesia, which will throw all competition out the window.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
Server: Asura
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2019-05-16 14:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, considering how short the fights are in SR, I'd imagine Calad has the advantage simply due to not having to manage AM3. It shines in the shorter fights because you can start WSing right off the bat.

On the flip side, the shorter the fight the smaller the sample size, so there's gonna be a ton of variation in general.

As for Calad VS Lib, I think they are closer than people might think at first glance. I have both at R15 now and want to get some more solid data as to how they compare within my own arsenal.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-05-16 14:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
Honestly, considering how short the fights are in SR, I'd imagine Calad has the advantage simply due to not having to manage AM3. It shines in the shorter fights because you can start WSing right off the bat.

On the flip side, the shorter the fight the smaller the sample size, so there's gonna be a ton of variation in general.

As for Calad VS Lib, I think they are closer than people might think at first glance. I have both at R15 now and want to get some more solid data as to how they compare within my own arsenal.

If R15 Lib is that close to begin with, it would do very well when some accuracy is needed. I keep whiffing pretty badly with Calad. Not to mention most of Scythe's WSDMG gear has some really nice accuracy/scythe skill thrown in with it.

For Torcleaver I'm kind of stuck choosing between a nice WSDMG aug, or going with some more mediocre wsdmg/high accuracy on Ody Head/Hands. Plus the base weapon has no accuracy on it, while Liberator's augs give it additional accuracy.

Kept whiffing really bad on wave 3, ended up using Apoc. Mainly Torcleaver was missing. Resolution was pretty consistent since ftp transfers on each hit.
By volkom 2019-05-16 14:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

using Resolution with a Caladbolg. ugh
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-05-16 15:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
using Resolution with a Caladbolg. ugh

I know, it pains the hell out of me to do so. That's why I just switched to Apoc for the pure accuracy and survival.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-16 15:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

If R15 Lib is that close to begin with, it would do very well when some accuracy is needed. I keep whiffing pretty badly with Calad. Not to mention most of Scythe's WSDMG gear has some really nice accuracy/scythe skill thrown in with it.

For Torcleaver I'm kind of stuck choosing between a nice WSDMG aug, or going with some more mediocre wsdmg/high accuracy on Ody Head/Hands. Plus the base weapon has no accuracy on it, while Liberator's augs give it additional accuracy.

Kept whiffing really bad on wave 3, ended up using Apoc. Mainly Torcleaver was missing. Resolution was pretty consistent since ftp transfers on each hit.

I should of mentioned the same DRK switched to Cala after about 15 fights, and then I started closing the gap on the parse.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2019-05-16 15:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Parses. What does a Drk parse these days.

Edit: and does ffxi have a site that tracks parses or that ppl submit to? like xiv does with fflogs?
By Taint 2019-05-16 17:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

I should of mentioned the same DRK switched to Cala after about 15 fights, and then I started closing the gap on the parse.

Smart man.

But seriously SR is horrible for parsing against people. Too short of fights and too many annoying mechanics.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2019-05-25 18:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

would it be possible to update this with the new gear that has come out?
 Asura.Skyefox
By Asura.Skyefox 2019-05-25 20:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50426/high-end-sets-advicesuggestionsideaslua
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-05-26 00:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
would it be possible to update this with the new gear that has come out?
First Page 2 3 ... 166 167