New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Umbral Marrow Offer
Umbral Marrow Offer
By Squabble 2012-11-19 05:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Escorian said: »
aren't you the other guy who made an exact thread like this before? Why make another thread? Also still a raw deal since you again need to provide the summoners and the pop set. and you are saying if something goes wrong and they fail than the person providing eats the loss. HORRIBLE deal.

This deal is different than the previous one. And of course you need to provide SMN and the pop set, what do you want, for them to show up and me to just give them some marrows just to watch? It is aimed for groups of people that can farm up pop sets, but cannot kill ADL. And if the group is capable of farming up pop sets, then they sure as hell are capable of leveling SMN to 99 and getting Alexander.

Also, if you want my group to take the risk, that's fine, the deal terms will just have to change from half of the marrows to 1 guaranteed marrow per 3 sets. It isn't like we lose all the time, we have gotten 214 marrows in 60 runs; and we farm and pop ADL every run, so we aren't like most groups that farm one day and do ADL the next, our group is very good at this particular event.

You can do the math yourself, but this deal is pretty good for most people. If you take 6 people, and can farm 6 ADL sets in one run (which isn't terribly difficult), and assuming even a terrible win rate of 2/3 (of course, ours is much better), that is 2 marrows (at 15M each), netting each person 5M plus whatever else they obtained during those runs. And the amount of money each person makes goes up by leaps and bounds if you can make use of mules or farm more sets in a run, or be lucky enough to get double marrow drops.

Of course, if you are already in a group that can kill ADL, this deal would make no sense for you, and you aren't even the target of the offer. But this deal is fair by all means; you provide the raw material, we provide the process, and you obtain the finished good. Clearly there is risk involved, as with any business venture, that is the nature of the beast, but I offer alternatives if risk isn't your thing.

Also, if you are able to farm ADL sets, but unable to kill ADL, you can always take your own chances or make a dedicated group to do it yourself, my offer is just an alternative that may work for some people.

TL;DR - If you don't like the deal, you're probably not my target market, so your opinion doesn't matter.
 Asura.Escorian
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-19 06:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

or they could end up not getting a marrow if they only get 1 drop..... you come up with some of the worst deals i see.. whats the point of farming a pop if they are coming as a summoner? why make that person be the only one farming the pop.
By Squabble 2012-11-19 06:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

or they could end up not getting a marrow if they only get 1 drop..... you come up with some of the worst deals i see.. whats the point of farming a pop if they are coming as a summoner? why make that person be the only one farming the pop.

Even if it was 1 drop, the offer states that it will be sold and split 50-50. And if we want to talk "if's," they could get 2 marrows to drop per pop set, so they could get a 1:1 ratio for only half of the work. There is obviously an inherent risk involved, and as I stated, I can compensate for risk if the provider decides they want a reformed deal.

I don't understand what your issue is with making a pop set provider come as SMN; they have to be there anyways, why not be useful. You make it seem like a SMN can solo ADL so they shouldn't even bother with my group. If they do not come SMN, and only provide the pop set, they do not add to my groups average marrows obtained/run, as we already farm up and kill as many ADL as we have SMN's. And if there is no gain for my group, there would be no point in us doing it at all. Also I don't understand your last sentence at all, but I'm sure it isn't really relevant.

As I stated earlier, you are not my target market. You aren't even on Lakshmi, so I don't understand your input at all.
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-19 07:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I can input all I want since it is a forum and freedom of speech and all that.

The fact of the matter so what if I am not your target market? What is your target market? People who don't have a brain and can't see the scam you got going on?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-19 07:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh I feel that he was pretty clear with what his target market is and how his service works, and I fail to see any glaring issues or guns being pointed at anyone's head demanding them to take part. Any group incapable of doing ADL is benefiting from this and are seeing no more of a risk than attempting ADL themselves. If I were in such a situation, I'd definitely consider an offer like this one.

Gimp said: »
feel free to discredit but if i remember right his hp is somewhere around 200k, just remembering a friend reading out the damage dealt over 6 pops and dividing it for average amount per pop.

I'll ask again later.

100,000~110,000HP. All of my parses coincide with this, but it's difficult to get an entirely accurate reading due to the nature of ADL.
[+]
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-19 07:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
tbh I feel that he was pretty clear with what his target market is and how his service works, and I fail to see any glaring issues or guns being pointed at anyone's head demanding them to take part. Any group incapable of doing ADL is benefiting from this and are seeing no more of a risk than attempting ADL themselves. If I were in such a situation, I'd definitely consider an offer like this one.
Or instead of wasting time farming the pops they could actually farm dynamis and get the amount that the pops will cost. Plus you need a minimum of 2 summoners. So that means you have to con a friend into farming dyna with you and getting nothing out of it and than waste another day on dynamis lord getting nothing again.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-19 07:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see two people duo 10~15m worth of currency in one to two dynamis runs, even up to four if you get incredibly unlucky on trigger drops. it doesn't become inefficient and less fruitful until you start getting up to 4~5 people farming the popsets, or the group providing the service fails miserably at killing ADL. As far as I can tell, the latter shouldn't be an issue.

Still stands, if you want marrows and can't get them yourself, this is a great deal. I wouldn't use it as a reliable form of self profit due to ethical reasons and lady luck, though.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-11-19 07:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see two people duo 10~15m worth of currency in one to two dynamis runs, even up to four if you get incredibly unlucky on trigger drops. it doesn't become inefficient and less fruitful until you start getting up to 4~5 people farming the popsets, or the group providing the service fails miserably at killing ADL. As far as I can tell, the latter shouldn't be an issue.

Well I DO farm 3.5-4m worth of currency SOLO per run(7-8m in 2 runs).. so yea probably w/ duo can hit ~9m-12m in 2 runs, not sure normally don't DUO 'coz I do less per run since have to split.
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-19 07:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »

Well I DO farm 3.5-4m worth of currency SOLO per run(7-8m in 2 runs).. so yea probably w/ duo can hit ~9m-12m in 2 runs, not sure normally don't DUO 'coz I do less per run since have to split.
yeah but if that other person solos that can hit up to the same amount really that equals up to a marrow or more.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-11-19 07:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Duoing with mules isn't "solo". I already stated in the previous thread (and I think it was directed at you) that if you have a mule you're bringing to help achieve a much higher coin count then you're better off farming yourself and buying marrows.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Priestsan
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Priestsan 2012-11-19 08:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So what you're saying is, putting ordelle/byne price @9k and tukuku @6k (very generous prices here), you can farm "solo" 480+ coins per run? (putting it evenly @160 of each type).

I see no mandau on your profile either to make things so boom, sorry bro but the troll attempt didnt go thru.

And please, dont tell me you do 500 coins per run on BST, even boxing a brd mule and praying to baby jesus would net you 500 coins per run on bst either : D

And like llewelyn said, d-box isnt a solo either, so double troll attempt amigo!!

peace!
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-19 08:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Or instead of wasting time farming the pops they could actually farm dynamis and get the amount that the pops will cost. Plus you need a minimum of 2 summoners. So that means you have to con a friend into farming dyna with you and getting nothing out of it and than waste another day on dynamis lord getting nothing again.

Yes people should all stop making ADL and farm dyna currency instead to buy marrows. Wait, marrows don't grow in trees?
[+]
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-19 08:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Yes people should all stop making ADL and farm dyna currency instead to buy marrows. Wait, marrows don't grow in trees?
The people needing offers like this wouldn't be farming the Marrows in the first place.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-19 08:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not? Someone who solo'd their relic wouldn't want to get it to 99? How about the people who may not have a group capable of killing ADL but still want their relic 99'd? You're painting with some very broad strokes.
[+]
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-19 08:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not? Someone who solo'd their relic wouldn't want to get it to 99?
because if they needed to take this offer up they would have to be extremely desperate?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-19 08:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not particularly. Once again, there's nothing wrong with the offer if you do not have a group capable of downing ADL reliably and don't dual/triple box an above average amount of coins.
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-11-19 08:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

because if they needed to take this offer up they would have to be extremely desperate?

Desperation is a relative term. What might be easy to procure to you may be out of reach for others. There's two ways of going about marrows: 1) buy them, 2) join or make a linkshell to farm them. The first option will take awhile on lakshmi. You're looking at roughly 15m per marrow, so you need 75m in total. Farming 75m will take time whatever way you go about it. Even more so now there's no viable cruor to gil conversion, which was the source of most people's money.

The second option will take even longer, unless you make a linkshell specifically to farm ADL for your marrows first. Joining an existing linkshell will require a lot of time and effort on the individual's part in order to rise through the pecking order and be considered for 5 marrows, no? No linkshell is going to give a brand new member 75m's worth of drops just because they need them.

With this mind, there is probably many people who would sooner spend two runs (4 hours) a week at the shot of a marrow or two than join an existing shell and spend ten times that amount working up the kudos to be given the 5 marrows they need.

Squabble's deal is mathematically fair. He is also trustworthy and good to work with; his group are a competent bunch. For any player who doesn't have everyday free to work with a linkshell this could be a viable source for their umbral marrows.

And anyone who says they can farm 15m+ of currency in two runs solo is probably not being entirely truthful. :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2012-11-19 08:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If this was on my server I'd probably take it for a spin IF I did NOT have to bring my own summoners. Since the minimum pop set is 2, and if I read correctly on wiki at least 1 marrow is guaranteed to drop, I'm technically paying you 15m (your group gets the other marrow from second set), I dont see why I should have to work or do anything else. Its like those damn neo-nyzul groups that sell gear for 5-10m, then expect you to work to get the clear. I mean damn, if i gotta pay you, i should be able to sit at the runic portal and beat my d*ck while watching cartoon network until my ***drops, pay you and leave. I buy doritos, but I dont gotta help make em....you already took my money. lol

On another note, if you were only asking for the popsets, I'd be all over it. The deal isnt horrible, just kinda...meh.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-19 08:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT:
-People who are jealous squabble is getting a bunch of gil
-People who think they're better than everyone because of their ADL group
-People who cannot fathom that something could be mutually beneficial with a stranger on ffxi
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-19 09:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
ITT:
-People who are jealous squabble is getting a bunch of gil
-People who think they're better than everyone because of their ADL group
-People who cannot fathom that something could be mutually beneficial with a stranger on ffxi

Don't forget the people that don't understand that not everyone is the same or can/wants to do the same things as everyone else
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-19 09:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Yeah, if they have a 100% win rate this would net me about 8mil per Dynamis run.

1 One run to farm 3 popsets
2 One run to convert the NMs up
3 One run to watch them kill it

3.3 marrows, 15mil per marrow, 3 nights, so lets say 8mil per night. That's about a factor of four better than I'd realistically see farming currency, with the obvious problem being that I'm still too lazy to do it.

Did you guys miss this post or something?

Squabble's group stands to do many times the normal number of ADLs (if they were farming), and so in that regard they benefit. If they have 5 real members and get 10 marrows a night then each member walks away with a marrow worth of gil per night. That's a lot of gil for them.

However, a popper with them stands to gain essentially half a marrow per night. At half a marrow per night with 3 accounts, you're looking at less than two weeks to take a relic from 95 to 99. That's about a month to go from no relic to 99 relic, which is substantially faster than farming currency in the same time and selling it. That's a pretty good deal as well.
[+]
By Squabble 2012-11-19 21:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.
By Squabble 2012-11-21 01:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.
By Squabble 2012-11-21 16:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Squabble said: »
Bump.
By Squabble 2012-11-23 19:09:56