Differate Between Marches Buffactive

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2021-02-21
users online
Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Bard » differate between marches buffactive
differate between marches buffactive
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
Posts: 1245
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-06 16:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
can spellcast see the differnet between buffactive for the different marches ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku
VIP
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Iryoku
Posts: 40
By Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku 2012-11-07 03:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Unfortunately, no. Both marches produce the exact same buff (simply named "March") client-side.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Offline
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
Posts: 2742
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-11-07 03:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
and a wild purple appears O.o
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
Posts: 2617
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-07 03:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You could probably do it with AutoExec setting Spellcast variables. I haven't played around too much with AutoExec though, but if you try to find "gains the effect of Victory March" then set a VictoryMarch variable, you'd be able to use that.

It's a long way of doing it and I don't know if AutoExec can track things like that, but it's all I can come up with atm :P
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
Posts: 2269
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-07 03:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It can't be done reliably.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2561
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-11-07 03:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
You could probably do it with AutoExec setting Spellcast variables. I haven't played around too much with AutoExec though, but if you try to find "gains the effect of Victory March" then set a VictoryMarch variable, you'd be able to use that.

It's a long way of doing it and I don't know if AutoExec can track things like that, but it's all I can come up with atm :P
Unfortunately, setting a variable based on gainbuff_March doesn't work. Because autoexec will only see you gain the first march, and doesn't register the second at all. It's pretty frustrating.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6862
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-07 03:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Pay attention to your damn buffs, make toggles for different TP sets. This is not a problem with a difficult solution.

You don't have to automate everything.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
Posts: 2617
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-07 03:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
You could probably do it with AutoExec setting Spellcast variables. I haven't played around too much with AutoExec though, but if you try to find "gains the effect of Victory March" then set a VictoryMarch variable, you'd be able to use that.

It's a long way of doing it and I don't know if AutoExec can track things like that, but it's all I can come up with atm :P
Unfortunately, setting a variable based on gainbuff_March doesn't work. Because autoexec will only see you gain the first march, and doesn't register the second at all. It's pretty frustrating.

I thought AutoExec could follow chat events too D: If not, then what I came up with definitely wouldn't work >< The way I was looking at it was that it could wait until you gain the effect of each buff (if memory serves me right, it pops up in the chat log with the exact name? If not, then again it wouldn't work >_>;)

I'd be more inclined to agree with Sylow though, separate sets would be a whole lot easier to deal with.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
Posts: 2269
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-07 05:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It won't follow those sorts of chat events because it's (ironically) designed to not be used for botting.
 Diabolos.Yugl
Offline
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Yugl
Posts: 138
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-11-07 06:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
If you use Exiled you can set an alarm to track the type of march, but no plugins tracks them individually atm.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-07 09:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Pay attention to your damn buffs, make toggles for different TP sets. This is not a problem with a difficult solution.

You don't have to automate everything.
Get the best of both worlds, automate it and set up an override toggle for when you only have one march.
 Valefor.Clairefox
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Clairefox
Posts: 87
By Valefor.Clairefox 2012-11-19 14:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You can always set a variable in your spellcast :/

I kinda did it with SMN so I'd have the right avatar set equipped.
Code
<elseif Spell="Shiva">
				<action type="equip" when="precast|midcast|aftercast" set="Shiva" />
				<action type="command" when="precast">sc var set Shiva 1</action>
			</elseif>


But then you have to deal with probs that would incur if you tried to cast the same one twice on purpose, like if it wore off or something. The variable stays set til you change it. But then again if you knew how long exactly your song was going to last, you can set a delay to change the variable back.
Log in to post.