Differate Between Marches Buffactive

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Bard » differate between marches buffactive
differate between marches buffactive
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-06 16:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

can spellcast see the differnet between buffactive for the different marches ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku
VIP
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Iryoku
By Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku 2012-11-07 03:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, no. Both marches produce the exact same buff (simply named "March") client-side.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-11-07 03:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

and a wild purple appears O.o
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-07 03:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You could probably do it with AutoExec setting Spellcast variables. I haven't played around too much with AutoExec though, but if you try to find "gains the effect of Victory March" then set a VictoryMarch variable, you'd be able to use that.

It's a long way of doing it and I don't know if AutoExec can track things like that, but it's all I can come up with atm :P
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-07 03:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't be done reliably.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-11-07 03:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
You could probably do it with AutoExec setting Spellcast variables. I haven't played around too much with AutoExec though, but if you try to find "gains the effect of Victory March" then set a VictoryMarch variable, you'd be able to use that.

It's a long way of doing it and I don't know if AutoExec can track things like that, but it's all I can come up with atm :P
Unfortunately, setting a variable based on gainbuff_March doesn't work. Because autoexec will only see you gain the first march, and doesn't register the second at all. It's pretty frustrating.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-07 03:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pay attention to your damn buffs, make toggles for different TP sets. This is not a problem with a difficult solution.

You don't have to automate everything.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-07 03:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

Unfortunately, setting a variable based on gainbuff_March doesn't work. Because autoexec will only see you gain the first march, and doesn't register the second at all. It's pretty frustrating.

I thought AutoExec could follow chat events too D: If not, then what I came up with definitely wouldn't work >< The way I was looking at it was that it could wait until you gain the effect of each buff (if memory serves me right, it pops up in the chat log with the exact name? If not, then again it wouldn't work >_>;)

I'd be more inclined to agree with Sylow though, separate sets would be a whole lot easier to deal with.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-07 05:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't follow those sorts of chat events because it's (ironically) designed to not be used for botting.
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-11-07 06:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use Exiled you can set an alarm to track the type of march, but no plugins tracks them individually atm.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-07 09:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Pay attention to your damn buffs, make toggles for different TP sets. This is not a problem with a difficult solution.

You don't have to automate everything.
Get the best of both worlds, automate it and set up an override toggle for when you only have one march.
 Valefor.Clairefox
Server: Valefor
user: Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2012-11-19 14:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can always set a variable in your spellcast :/

I kinda did it with SMN so I'd have the right avatar set equipped.
Code
<elseif Spell="Shiva">
				<action type="equip" when="precast|midcast|aftercast" set="Shiva" />
				<action type="command" when="precast">sc var set Shiva 1</action>
			</elseif>

But then you have to deal with probs that would incur if you tried to cast the same one twice on purpose, like if it wore off or something. The variable stays set til you change it. But then again if you knew how long exactly your song was going to last, you can set a delay to change the variable back.