Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » [Fenrir] Selling Neo-Nyzul Gear
[Fenrir] Selling Neo-Nyzul Gear
 Fenrir.Wyald
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Trukkz
By Fenrir.Wyald 2012-10-21 15:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll probably buy a few runs since I can't find a static. Gotta let tags build back up first.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-21 15:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
The one store tp doesn't reduce the amount of hits to reach 100 anyways, and if you're complaining about acc in NNI, why would you even think about kraken on harder content?

1) 1 stp potentially could reduce the ammount of hits to 100% tp. There is too much variability in regain, getting hit, and tp return from WS to state otherwise.

2) I'm not using k club on every single event. But there are certain events where it does excel outside of nyzule. For example, Provenance Watcher. Say I'm getting madrigal from an empy bard and am rotating 2 cors so that I do get hunters roll. I parse near capped acc with these buffs which causes me to have much higher damage output using k club that being a normal ranger. Can ask your mythic drg friend who parsed with me yesterday :).

The main point that I really want to get across though is that capped acc is not required for k club to still be useful. If you are getting capped magic haste for whatever reason, chances are kraken ranger will outdamage normal ranger if you can get accuracy to a decent level (would like to throw out an arbitrary number here like 70%+, but who knows)

1) That can all be accounted for.
2) Even if you are capped, on a higher level target, who has higher VIT and DEF, you'd still want more STR and attack to avoid hitting 0s. And I have no mythic DRG friend.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-21 16:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

1) That can all be accounted for.
2) Even if you are capped, on a higher level target, who has higher VIT and DEF, you'd still want more STR and attack to avoid hitting 0s. And I have no mythic DRG friend.

1) Agree to disagree
2) You misunderstood what I was saying. I do use sylvan back on PW and other higher DEF mobs. You made a statement that if acc was an issue, that I shouldn't be using k club (or maybe I misread your intention in the first place). I was trying to point out a situation that demonstrates why that isn't necessarily the case.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-21 16:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Don't see how you don't think this is calculable.

2) And no, I didn't misunderstand. But if you have literally every acc buff in the game, including merited double madrigal with +3 and an 11 Hunter's, stalwart's, aggressor, etc., then obviously acc isn't an issue.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-21 16:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

1) It is calculable, but if you are calculating that the 1 stp has a 0% chance probability of decreasing the # of hits to 100, then you are doing something wrong.

2) Not sure what you are arguing anymore. All my point is, if acc is not capped then what type of gear would you desire in your tp build... acc. (hunters/stalwarts/aggresor k club acc is not capped on Prov Watcher is one example)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-21 16:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not saying it's a 0% chance, but the odds are incredibly low to the point where if you get even just a few 0s from your auto attacks, your TP gain would have been higher with sylvan.

And I'm saying if acc is an issue, don't use a damn kraken club.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-21 16:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Should be using a Ridill instead
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-21 16:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

See, we are arguing over something silly. This "acc is an issue" statement is too broad.

Let's try to paint a picture...

Imagine a range of 0% kraken accuracy to 100% kraken accuracy on a number line sort of deal. There is an interval on this range. If you are below the minimum of this interval, just use ranged attacks. If you are above the maximum of this interval, your acc is capped and so acc in your build is not useful. Between the two though...accuracy is beneficial and kraken ranger out DDs normal ranger.

Obviously the point of question would be the minimum of the interval. A completely eyeballed ranged based on experience would cause me to believe this point belongs somewhere in the 70-85% range assuming capped magic haste.

Also, I have never hit for 0 during nyzule isle, so long as this probability of hit reduction to 100% tp is greater than 0 (even though I realize it is less than 1%) it still will outperform sylvan because STR during my tp phase makes no change on the timing of a monster's death.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-21 17:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime your attack or fSTR is uncapped, Sylvan will make a much larger change on the mob's HP than Tactical.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-21 17:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

STR during my tp phase makes no change on the timing of a monster's death.

Should note that every monster I kill die's from a WS.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-21 17:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

In which case tactical is doing basically nothing and sylvan is at worst saving you an inventory slot. And no, not everything you WS dies immediately.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-21 17:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In which case tactical is doing basically nothing and sylvan is at worst saving you an inventory slot. And no, not everything you WS dies immediately.

Ya but it dies from the next WS. I have to hold onto tactical for Quint Spear SAM QQ else I truthfully would toss it. I realize the gain is as minimal as a gain can be.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-21 17:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're able to kill a mob with a 1/2 LS, 10% of the time you won't kill a mob at capped accuracy, so no you're not always one shotting. Plus, you're not using it JUST for NNI as you've said before. If you want to gear for the .0001% and not the 99.9999% (not entirely accurate,) then go ahead, but it's kinda dumb.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-21 17:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're able to kill a mob with a 1/2 LS, 10% of the time you won't kill a mob at capped accuracy, so no you're not always one shotting. Plus, you're not using it JUST for NNI as you've said before. If you want to gear for the .0001% and not the 99.9999% (not entirely accurate,) then go ahead, but it's kinda dumb.

If LS misses a hit, it will not die until the next LS goes off.
By Otomis 2012-10-21 17:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A little off topic but I like to make sure that a good merk does not go with out proper praise. I wanted to take my masa up to 90 and of course needed 75 Isgebind's Hearts. Curty's group quickly got them on a single Saturday afternoon about 4-5 hours. Thumbs up to this seller.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-21 17:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you know? If it lives with 4% HP, are you going to waste a WS or are you going to finish meleeing it? I would hope you'd melee. Guess which would be better for that?
 Fenrir.Magi
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2012-10-21 17:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Da *** dis thread be bout RNG now mon, RNG thread be data way! But seriously, I would recommend Curty and co.'s service to anyone looking to pimp out their jobs with sexy NNI gear who lack the friends/static to do so otherwise. Out of 3 rounds or so (4 tags each), I was able to get 14/15 pieces at a very reasonable price. We only lost one out of the 12 runs and that was due to *** floor jumps, a couple of shitty lamp order floors, and of course WS restriction on boss (nearly killed it before timing out though D:).

P.S. after I 99 my Guttler and have spare gil, I'd be looking to get a few Phorcys' pieces for my BST mule, I'll let you know when I have the gil in game! Also, Curty's RNG is *** dangerous, get the *** out of the way when you see his ugly *** Taranis' body coming through hahaha
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-21 18:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you know? If it lives with 4% HP, are you going to waste a WS or are you going to finish meleeing it? I would hope you'd melee. Guess which would be better for that?

If only 1 bullet hits on LS, it wont be left at 4%, I'm not that pro :(. Not to mention if this impossible occurrence actually happens, the probability that 6 STR decreases my number of melee rounds to kill the mob (with enthunder) is even more abysmal than the % chance 1 stp will cut my # of hits to 100% tp. lol. But I'm done arguing Austar. Enjoyed the debate, but it's safe to conclude that in the wide scheme of things choosing one mantle over the other probably will not affect much.

Also, thanks Magi + Otomis for the kind words.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-21 18:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is why I don't get why you wouldn't use the one that more likely than not is actually doing something for you. Sylvan is far more likely to increase your damage in some form and tactical will basically never.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-23 11:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to make a quick post that we will be running 4 tags this upcoming Friday night. Because of the incoming embrava nerf, buyers who submit the highest offers will be the ones we take. Already a handful of offers at 8M+, just send me a PM on here or /tell in game to get in touch.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-25 14:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump. 4 tag run tomorrow, get your pieces done before the nerf!!! (Am I doing a good job of freaking you out?)
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-10-25 18:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DO YOU TAKE IOUs??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 Fenrir.Magi
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2012-10-26 03:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not from a mountain of an empty moogle
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-31 17:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Another bump for another 4 tag run Friday night. Send PMs to Curty or tells in game to Curty or Rece.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-09 17:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump once again, running 4-6 tags this weekend.
 Fenrir.Ryukin
user: ryu182
By Fenrir.Ryukin 2012-11-09 17:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Your face.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-09 18:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

mean :(
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-16 00:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

bumpity bump. 4 tag run tomorrow (Friday) night.
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-16 02:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

6.5mil =)
 Fenrir.Makado
user: Makado
By Fenrir.Makado 2012-11-16 02:09:45