The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 253 254 255
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-10-22 11:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to sound dumb but I' still struggling to see how Ochu Max is still beating that kanaria, 40 acc(inc 14DEX bonus) only thing it's really got on it is the 22STR
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-22 11:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You're going to have a hard time finding an offhand that beats even a partially augmented Ochu. Capped is 22 STR+DEX (both Ten modifiers). I'd put my time into the SR wheel, or just rock out with the partially capped one. You'd need something like 7-10 WSD and 10 STR/DEX to even beat the stats on Ochu.

I remember wasting DM stones on Kanaria augments, because I was looking for the omgwtfbbq WSD Kanaria. It never came, and I think it was someone on these forums that said you'd need something insane to even come close to beating Ochu. Translation: Ochu wins, unless you are in need of high acc, Fudo Masamune.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-10-22 11:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I can see for Ten. But is it really only winning because the boost to Ten? seems to offer not much at all other than that. the one I have is close to perfect but since I use metsu never really use it
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-22 11:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
only thing it's really got on it is the 22STR

That's.... a huge bonus. How much WSD do you think you would need to beat 22 STR? You're not likely going to ever hit that number on Kanaria, and don't forget it has 22 DEX as well for max potency.

Disregard the accuracy for now (since DEX gives accuracy as well anyways, don't miss that). Imagine you were trying to create a formula where X WSD = # STR/DEX. What magic # do you think you could hit where X would equal 1 of each STR/DEX? Ochu has 22 of each modifier (net +44 Attribute). Even 10 WSD wouldn't beat those stats, and you're really undervaluing the modifiers (especially the STR) on Ochu because of the eyeball test.

Also being overlooked is the amount of attack and accuracy that both STR/DEX add to the weapon itself. Don't ever rely on an eyeball test. Compare modifiers with stats and go out and test for yourself. Blade: Ten is 30% STR 30% DEX, so 60% of it's damage comes directly from those two stats. Ochu was practically designed for that WS in most cases.

Edit: I was speaking specifically about Blade:Ten and not Metsu. I know nothing about Metsu, and your gearset says "Ten" and "Blade: Not Metsu", so I assumed you were talking about Ten.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-10-22 11:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I semi mixed talking about the two sorry anyway on Ten I realize how much of a bonus it is and tbh 30% was lower so I assumed WSD was a it better on weaponskills with lower mods
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-22 12:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD is always good stat to use, which is why I didn't mention changing much or any of your herculean augments to fit STR/DEX (the +10 WSD is high and very nice). It's when you are working with lower WSD amounts that you have to pick the bigger bonus overall, and 22 STR DEX is huge when being used for a weaponskill that is modded by both.

Some of my Herc pieces have +10~15 STR, and 3~4 WSD, varying per piece. That 10~15 STR equals a couple WSD stats probably, so it's a balancing act between both stat values. But when you start getting down to "which stat is better x WSD or x STR", you should just plug them into a spreadsheet and let it do the work for you.
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-10-22 23:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any experience hitting the 15k Non-MB Omen objective without any GEO/COR support? Is it even possible?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-22 23:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

100% possible and I did it for when I was solo omen cards on ninja. Futae makes this easier but it's not required if you have a good set. If not, you'll need it to have a chance.

Use two malevolence
Futae with hands +1 for Max bonus
You can prep the raiton nuke with suiton, which will lower your target's thunder resistance
Use a trust tank so that you can take advantage of innin's bonus from behind, pop it just before the nuke to get full bonus
You can use star Sibyl if you want, but she's not required

Gear should be full mab build, not mbb. Basically high int+mab/mdmg, macc won't hurt but you shouldn't need it. I generally hit about 30k~ free nuke raiton of prepped properly.

You can use Donar gun is you want for thunder affinity, if you don't need macc.

Example of my set for objectives and free nukes

ItemSet 359346
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-10-30 13:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to work on my ninja a bit more seriously on my alt for a fun project, and I'm wondering about when Ten really starts to walk away from Hi? My Hi set is better, maybe (full Mummu +2 and cape) but Hi is really consistent and Ten... is not. This is mostly in solo/lowman situations with Trusts so maybe I'm just attack-starved?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-30 14:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had Hi ever outperform Ten in any scenario, whether low buff or high buff. If you're getting buffs, Ten should win handsomely. If you're not, use Shun (Hi will still probably lose anyways unless you're Kannagi wielder). Use Blade: Hi when you need to make darkness, otherwise, stick to Ten if you're supported.
[+]
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2018-10-30 14:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

With the WSD thing now, is Ten still the best WS? I only have Kikoku I'm wondering if Metsu or even Shun would be better stacking WSD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-10-30 14:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It still has the highest dmg potential that I've seen.

Though the Shun set on the front page needs to change. I just... hadn't because maybe I thought they'd reverse/fix this WSD thing?
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-10-30 14:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
maybe I'm just attack-starved?
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
stick to Ten if you're supported.

When your ratios are good^
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-10-30 14:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had Hi ever outperform Ten in any scenario, whether low buff or high buff. If you're getting buffs, Ten should win handsomely. If you're not, use Shun (Hi will still probably lose anyways unless you're Kannagi wielder). Use Blade: Hi when you need to make darkness, otherwise, stick to Ten if you're supported.

My Shun and Ten sets both need work. I guess I'll focus on those, then. I've never gotten much out of Shun but my set is pretty trash.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-30 15:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shun gains an attack boost, so it's better to use when you're unbuffed. It'll put out more favorable numbers. Ten goes from average to insane when properly supported. If you're a Kikoku user, you have more of a reason to use Metsu over Ten, and I can't see why you wouldn't. Ten is pretty much a Heishi dream WS, there is no comparison. The real question isn't "which ws is better?", it's "what weapon am I using?". You'd use Metsu if you're a Kikoku user (that's why you'd make Kikoku). You'd use Ten if you're Heishi user. You'd use Hi if you AG'd kannagi, or need to make darkness or whatever. You'd use Shun when buff support is low, or multi-step radiance. NIN is versatile, so you use what you have available to you.

If you're not a rema user, Ten looks like your best option.

I haven't seen any WS besides hybrids that can compete with Ten in an end-game setting (i.e. dynamis), but then again I'm usually the ninja, so perhaps Metsu could compete. Shun is rather weak when super buffed.

I kind of wish Blade: Jin/Ku modifiers were much better than they were, those WS are badass
By mhomho 2018-10-30 15:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

"what weapon am I using"

God... and then you catch them all and you're out there surfin tryin to move trucks with strength.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-10-30 17:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Soothsayer said: »
I'm wondering if Metsu or even Shun would be better stacking WSD.
WSD has always been a thing for Metsu because it's a single-hit WS.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-10-31 12:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard someone talking about Metsu so I rushed right over
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-10-31 12:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

But in all seriousness is there no way of making Kamu like idk good?
Probably making Nagi soon and I want to spam it because its cool but you know 10 dps isnt that good
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-10-31 12:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Soothsayer said: »
With the WSD thing now, is Ten still the best WS? I only have Kikoku I'm wondering if Metsu or even Shun would be better stacking WSD.
Dont listen to a word anyone says metsu is always bestu ask Boshi
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-31 12:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Blade: LOLKamu. It's a shame having to use that for radiance. It's pure gahbij
[+]
By mhomho 2018-10-31 14:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have AG Nagi and I can't bring myself to use it. Kamu really is that bad.

You'd think the wsd changes would've helped? Nope.

Metsu is Bestu
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-31 14:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Metsu literally rhymes with Bestu, hard to top that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-10-31 14:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

滅はシツです。
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-31 14:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody tested if NIN hybrid WS's are of use in Dynamis Wave3?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-10-31 14:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »

As I've said since the beginning, NIN is win.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-10-31 17:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Asura.Sirtaint said: »

As I've said since the beginning, NIN is win.
STOP ENCOURAGING LUNA
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2018-11-06 15:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to tweak one of my friend's lua to make it cancel copy images when casting a lower tier Utsu.

Anything i've tried is too slow. It cancels shadows but too late.

I wonder what you guys are using, simply put a /wait ? or is there a better way ?

I've tried using this :

function midcast(spell)
if spell.name == 'Utsusemi: Ichi' then
send_command('cancel Copy Image|Copy Image (2)')
end
end

and the same for Ni.

But yeah, too slow.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-06 15:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

little mac finger speed
numerical pad + twice
cancel copy image and recast by timing it in between attacks.

I never have to cast ichi normally, though, since haste capped and FC set will give you like an 8-9 second recast time. Usually can make due with Ni/San, which is near-instant casting time.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-11-06 16:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neufko said: »
I'm trying to tweak one of my friend's lua to make it cancel copy images when casting a lower tier Utsu.

Anything i've tried is too slow. It cancels shadows but too late.

I wonder what you guys are using, simply put a /wait ? or is there a better way ?

I've tried using this :

function midcast(spell)
if spell.name == 'Utsusemi: Ichi' then
send_command('cancel Copy Image|Copy Image (2)')
end
end

and the same for Ni.

But yeah, too slow.

Put your code inside precast() instead of midcast().
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 253 254 255