New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 253 254 255
By geigei 2018-02-23 12:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For shun legs piece i'm stuck with jokushu? main page shows heavy acc/ma. Why no att? hq kend. is out of my reach btw.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-23 12:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it gets a heavy attack boost.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-02-23 13:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have Jokushu, Samnuha Tights are pretty good too - generally going to be your next best option and not terribly far behind.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-02-23 15:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Samnuha is gonna be the next best thing for ya. What I find a lot with looking at our damage is we're often in the -fSTR region, lowering our weapon damage. Pushing that extra dex for Shun's mod and upping the weapon damage helps one of the lower ends of the equation. So, provided you can fit STR in with the DEX you ~can~ get (like samnuha) you're doin pretty good.

And don't shy away from a boost-str if that's all you're getting support wise. :)
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-25 16:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone want to get me some race/sub stats naked for /war, /rng, /dnc, and /sam? I suppose /run would be useful as well.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-02-25 16:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My lua seems to have a Precast JA spot for Futae. But I would have thought Empy hands needs worn during the nuke with Futae activated. Anyone know?
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-02-25 16:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to be worn during the cast if I remember right
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-26 21:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Anyone want to get me some race/sub stats naked for /war, /rng, /dnc, and /sam? I suppose /run would be useful as well.
still need some of this info :(
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-26 22:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

also, 70 atk/ratk and 56 acc/racc from gifts is correct? as well as 14% daken from gifts? I also count 28 MAB from gifts as well, if someone can double check to make sure since reading the list on mobile is lame.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-02-26 23:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gifts at 2100:

70 Attk/Rattk
56 Acc/Racc
28 Mattk
50 Macc
14% Daken
5% Weapon Skill DMG
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-26 23:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

missed the 5% wsd then, thanks
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2018-02-27 00:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume, naked, full Attribute merits. Unable to provide /rng stats as it's not Lv49.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-27 10:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The more I play NIN, the more interested in it I get. Currently at a crossroad.

I have a good bit of saved up currency and a few gils to burn, debating what I should make. Is Kikoku a great offhand/main? I have aeonic, was wondering how big of a boost that weapon is. Other alternatives is making horn or just keep saving it.

Please provide feedback on Kikoku as an offhand. For comparison, I have shigi, Izuna (da3 qa2 acc/att14), capped ochu, shuhandamane (for niche tanking), and 2 Kanarias (one is 17dmg ta2 acc21). If the consensus is that its not "that great" I might end up just spending money on stones and trying for that ultimate Kanaria.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-02-27 10:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikoku is not an offhand.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-02-27 11:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont have Heishi yet but as a metsu4life nin its the best thing in the game and if a spreadsheet says it isnt its lying to you.
But no I think its an amazing investment, the 60 attack + 10% on AM is super helpful especially since alot of the times(in my play atleast) I'm filling for offtank and just trying to supplement DPS so typically not getting cor rolls/brd songs.
Metsu feels very consistant vs Shun where it feels like its all over the place sometimes depending on the mob im fighting.
Later I can post metsu AVGs on Gin VS my shun AVGS if you just want to see numbers
Offhand wise if you're using Heishi a TA/DEX kanaria or max ochu would probably be the best thing for you
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-27 12:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. Kind of weird having 2 ultimate weapons. I guess you'd use Kikoku in situations where you're not skillchaining, and perhaps Heishi when you'd want to multistep? I guess the flexibility of swapping between both allows you more options dps/skillchain wise, and gear/buff-wise.

So in the case where you had both, would you Heishi/Kikoku & Kikoku/Heishi, or just find a better offhand to supplement each?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-27 12:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You would never offhand either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-27 12:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it. Capped Ochu for Heishi and work on a max Kanaria dex ta acc/att.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-02-27 12:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Metsu gives you alot of sc flex w/ Frag/Darkness, doesnt force you into using blade:lol(kamu) to do light but I havent finished godhands yet so I dont know how worth ult scing is ):

Kikoku imo just helps alot since sometimes I feel like im lacking in the attack department and with AM up its almost like free attack food!
Both of those offhands are really nice for kikoku too, I just switched my kanaria to DEX 11 acc 19 WSD 3% though ;;
By geigei 2018-02-27 13:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my kanaria with 15str 3ws for ten spam.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-02-27 13:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I figure if you dont want to get two kanarias, well waste 2 kanarias worth of stones which could be tons you'd probably get the most bang out of a DEX/TA/ACCATK or STR in place of the dex.

D: I STILL DONT HAVE A MAXOCHU
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-27 13:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Hume, naked, full Attribute merits. Unable to provide /rng stats as it's not Lv49.
thanks should be able to get some work done tonight and tomorrow
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-27 14:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 max Ochu so that isn't a concern. It's the Kanaria I need to augment. I have 2 of them, neither are great augments

Quote:
I got my kanaria with 15str 3ws for ten spam.
Isn't Ochu still better than this though, mathwise? 135 dmg, 22 dex/str, 5 acc vs 127 dmg, 3wsd (5 less str, no MA on it).

Quote:
Metsu gives you alot of sc flex w/ Frag/Darkness, doesnt force you into using blade:lol(kamu) to do light but I havent finished godhands yet so I dont know how worth ult scing is ):

Kikoku imo just helps alot since sometimes I feel like im lacking in the attack department and with AM up its almost like free attack food!

Very good points, I can dig it. Kamu is a joke; that's the main gripe i have is using that to 5 step shun ten kamu shun shun, but it's the overall damage that matters. Good points overall nonetheless.
By geigei 2018-02-27 14:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Isn't Ochu still better than this though, mathwise? 135 dmg, 22 dex/str, 5 acc vs 127 dmg, 3wsd (5 less str, no MA on it).
Dmg for offhand is not relevant so is basically 7str vs 3ws, diff is minimal between the two, not having a perfect ochu made it easy to just get kanaria.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-27 16:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ten also has a DEX modifier, so capped Ochu does offer double the stats as well. I guess I'm spoiled.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-02-28 12:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Dmg for offhand is not relevant so is basically 7str vs 3ws, diff is minimal between the two, not having a perfect ochu made it easy to just get kanaria.

It's relevant. It's not as important as the stats, for sure, but it definitely modifies dps.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 12:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21274/donar-gun

Theoretical, but is this useful for MB nuking Raiton San?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-03-01 12:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21274/donar-gun

Theoretical, but is this useful for MB nuking Raiton San?

Sure?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-01 22:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
It's relevant. It's not as important as the stats, for sure, but it definitely modifies dps.

Agreed. And remember that we're talking about NIN, one of the jobs where TP/white damage does a higher portion of total TP+WS dmg than most (that's even true in NIN's most WS-heavy configuration of a well buffed Heishi & Blade: Ten). So those offhand hits/crits/multiattack procs do get some benefit to extra DMG on the weapon. Surely not as important as attribute and "special" stat (TA, WSD, whatever), but it's relevant. I'm still never comfortable accepting a Reisenjima offhand with ZERO DMG+, but I'm plenty fine with a modest amount of damage and excellent attribute/stats.

That's... actually a pretty good idea for stuff like one big nuke to try to hit Omen magic damage objectives. And perhaps a valid reason to go 5/5 Raiton. Not a good idea in typical situations where you're meleeing and might want to also toss in a nuke though, since you'll wipe TP when swapping a gun in/out with shuriken and ranged WS ammo.

I have a good bit of saved up currency and a few gils to burn, debating what I should make. Is Kikoku a great offhand/main? I have aeonic, was wondering how big of a boost that weapon is. Other alternatives is making horn or just keep saving it.

A little late to the game here (I've been traveling!), but to add my $0.02:
No NIN RMEA are worthwhile as offhands (Kannagi would have been it it was DEX+50 or STR+50 though). Remember that in addition to no aftermaths from offhands, Kikoku also doesn't get the Atk+60 base stat.

If you have Heishi already, I don't see Kikoku as a huge priority. Especially if you're lacking something game-changing for another job that you could use that gil for, like Ghorn for BRD. Kikoku can indeed be BiS mainhand in some situations, but Heishi is never gonna be far behind (and will often be better). If you have aeonic, you're pretty much always looking at either the best mainhand or one that's quite close behind. That might not stop you if you love NIN enough to make an ultimate weapon for fairly small situational gains, or for fun and total dedication to the job. For most people, not really necessary.

I'd totally recommend Kikoku for any NIN who aren't in a position to get an Aeonic though. Great alternative, sometimes the best mainhand, and relatively cheap as RME weapons go.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 253 254 255