Leviathan.Dragonlord
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-10-17 19:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Our TA rate is about 4.6%
Only slightly worse than THF at 5%.

Your Thaumas body's QA is diminishing the amount of TA that the trait offers. Ours should be 5% as well, and is within a margin of error after diminishing returns.

I'm curious to know people's averages that don't dualbox. I go with blu/dnc using proth's spell setup (found on the blu guide thread). And i've been between 185-233, with an average of around 205.

I do all the basic tricks. Sudden lunge lock, mirage +2 body for refresh, delta thrust so nothing uses tp moves. I have only done EP mobs, but have dabbled in valk/bubu/qufim, with qufim being my favored. What kind of numbers can be done solo? Proth mentions 220 average in the guide, and i'm just trying to reach that point. (Gear wise i have everything except thaumas/legion gear)
 Bismarck.Lucried
Server: Bismarck
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2012-10-17 20:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i seem to average more around 170 coins myself i have hit 200+ a couple times, probably could more consistently if i did almace for the char i used. still getting used to the time changes and stuff but 200+ is quite possible to avg as long as zone is packed and your standing around waiting on repops.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-17 20:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Your Thaumas body's QA is diminishing the amount of TA that the trait offers. Ours should be 5% as well, and is within a margin of error after diminishing returns.
The 4.6% I quoted is not from my own testing. It is the results of testing done by Prothescar (who did the test nakid) and it's posted on the BG website. You should've looked up Triple Attack on the BG website before making false assumptions about my statement.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-17 21:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

5% was within 95% confidence interval for Prothescar's testing and I'm not aware of any other fractional traits. Not ruling out the possibility of it being lower, but 5% is a very plausible option.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-17 21:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be the first recorded example of an actual fraction being used for any trait. As such it feels immensely unlikely.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-10-17 21:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The 4.6% I quoted is not from my own testing. It is the results of testing done by Prothescar (who did the test nakid) and it's posted on the BG website. You should've looked up Triple Attack on the BG website before making false assumptions about my statement.

I'm sorry for my false assumption. But, as nightfyre stated, proth's testing is within the confidence interval for being 5%. And bgwiki does state blu as having 5% TA with the trait, not 4.6%. (Additionally the link to proth's testing states it is verifying 5%)

@lucried - I use the lv 85 version of almace and tend to use CDC pretty frequently. I imagine being restricted to requiescat or vorpal blade would undoubtedly lower my average by ~20 coins.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-17 21:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiescat should be pretty competitive with CDC in Dynamis, if not slightly better. Loss of ODD hurts though. Vorpal still sucks no matter what.
By maxdecphoenix 2012-10-17 22:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i got my HS equipment sorted out. Honestly though, I haven't used it that much (on TE anyway, it's a staple during farming though), preferring to use Dark Orb instead. I never solo dynamis anymore though, it's always with one of two friends (both either thf or dnc), so MP spent on TE's isn't a drastic concern as i usually hunt the T5 while they get the other 4 (in qufim anyway).

Sometimes I luck up and T5 is right by the orcs, so i drop that one, then move to assist with the others, but due to competition, mob position/location, i generally get just the T5. I'm pretty sure BA+dark orb would do the trick, but sometimes i like to memento>BA>converg>Dark Orb just for shits.

I've tracked about 18 session now and average 160~ each. We actually broke 400 coins once, but lost between 5 and 10 coins due to inventory/treasure pool issue, ending with 197avg.

I'm not ecstatic about, or content with, the average, but it's low for two reasons 1) it's become virtually impossible to get qufim or valkurm without a rash of competition.

2) i'm constantly refining different sets/tactics. We've tried the 2-on-1 approach, the you proc/i kill approach, the we'll both solo but share drops approach.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-10-17 22:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Requiescat should be pretty competitive with CDC in Dynamis, if not slightly better. Loss of ODD hurts though. Vorpal still sucks no matter what.
If that is the case, how would sanus ensis compare to 90 Almace? One less damage, a tiny bit more delay, but extra str/mnd in place of the dex?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-17 22:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Loss of ODD would still be a major hit. Aside from that, you'd still be better off with a Fire Shikargar.
By maxdecphoenix 2012-10-17 22:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found Requiscat to be comparable with CDC in terms of average WS DMG, in terms of doing SC DMG though, Req.> QC seems to 9 times out of 10 beat CDC > Benthic. If you factor attempts where Benthic misses, REQ. probably pulls way ahead. I'v actually stopped even setting Benthic.

I've been wanting to see though if the damage disparity can be overcome by being under Aftermath for virtually all the farming time.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-10-17 22:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I thought. I suppose it is in the same boat as that new crafted dagger for dagger users. ie str/ws mod, but lack of attack causes str-magian to win
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-17 22:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

maxdecphoenix said: »
Yea i got my HS equipment sorted out. Honestly though, I haven't used it that much (on TE anyway, it's a staple during farming though), preferring to use Dark Orb instead. I never solo dynamis anymore though, it's always with one of two friends (both either thf or dnc), so MP spent on TE's isn't a drastic concern as i usually hunt the T5 while they get the other 4 (in qufim anyway).

You should really use HS more on this job though, it's one of the best DD spell IMO. Dark Orb is just slow, kinda annoying to spend this long time to cast it on top of having to deal with mobs casting shell on TE.....

And even more annoying to see mobs move out of range while I cast it, or other mobs move inside the aggro/link range........not that dealing with aggro is hard on this job when I can just AoE sleep and log out or run farrrrrr away to deaggro, but if I'm already going to aggro, may as well use HS which kills faster.

Doesn't really matter on EP, as kill speed is never an issue on EP(I often have to turn back before proc just because it dies too fast without any WS/spell on it), but drop rate without sash or proc speed or competition is.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-10-17 22:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found Requiscat to be comparable with CDC in terms of average WS DMG, in terms of doing SC DMG though, Req.> QC seems to 9 times out of 10 beat CDC > Benthic. If you factor attempts where Benthic misses, REQ. probably pulls way ahead. I'v actually stopped even setting Benthic.

Because you should be using CDC -> Amorphic spikes
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-17 22:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »

Because you should be using CDC -> Amorphic spikes

If Req can hit same number as CDC, then Req>QC still > CDC> A.spike.

Aftermath isn't really that good in dyna due to down time, especially when there are competition. I WS, mob's dead, while I wait for mob repop or run to next mob my aftermath already wore. I really get very little out of Aftermath.

CDC>A.spike cost less MP than QC though, and since it's often overkill with both SC, I still use CDC SC most of the time.
By maxdecphoenix 2012-10-17 22:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

You should really use HS more on this job though, it's one of the best DD spell IMO. Dark Orb is just slow, kinda annoying to spend this long time to cast it on top of having to deal with mobs casting shell on TE.....

And even more annoying to see mobs move out of range while I cast it, or other mobs move inside the aggro/link range........not that dealing with aggro is hard on this job when I can just AoE sleep and log out or run farrrrrr away to deaggro, but if I'm already going to aggro, may as well use HS which kills faster.

Honestly though, I haven't used it that much (on TE anyway, it's a staple during farming though), preferring to use Dark Orb instead.
(on TE anyway, it's a staple during farming though)
it's a staple during farming though
it's a staple
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-17 22:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly though, I haven't used it that much (on TE anyway, it's a staple during farming though), preferring to use Dark Orb instead.
(on TE anyway, it's a staple during farming though)
it's a staple during farming though
it's a staple

Dark Orb is just slow, and plenty of other benefit of using HS

Was talking about TE entire time.
By maxdecphoenix 2012-10-17 22:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i was just *** with you, but ugh.. I was mainly responding to "You should really use HS more on this job though, it's one of the best DD spell IMO" really does sound like a rather vague and ungeneralized statement.

With regards to Dark Orb being slow, I precast with over 50% fast cast on blu spells, so i'm not going to quibble about a 4 second~ cast when 9 times out of 10 i'll only be killing 1 TE before we head off to farm.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-10-17 23:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I typically use everyones grudge to one shot TEs that are in a tough spot to get in and HS it. And its already set for TH, just use BA and mab/mnd set and you're gold.

As far as the SC goes, pretty much any SC is worthless in dynamis unless you proc right at 100% hp and have tp/CA ready. I was just pointing out that comparing requie->QC to CDC->benthic was an unfair comparison when amorphic is less mp than QC, and does better damage than benthic.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-18 00:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I find SC's to be very useful, but I do DC mobs and I have my brd alt, I can see why EP farmers might have a significant devaluation of using SC's. I usually either do Evis -> CDC if both chars have tp or if not then I'll cdc -> Amorphic.

I don't get any use out of it in namis but Exenterator -> CDC -> Amorphic does a nice 2 step SC. I use that when I do salvage and it pretty well takes out most nms.
By Gimp 2012-10-24 11:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like the best place to put this but something funny happened

Khidir readies Chain Affinity

Khidir casts Quad. Continuum

1 of the Kindred Red Mage's shadows absorbs the damage and disapears!

Not sure if Blink shadows does this to all blue multi hit spells, I'm pretty sure that this doesn't happen for ninja shadows but just be careful.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-24 11:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Blink has always absorbed all hits of a multihit spell with one shadow
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-30 03:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

New personal best: BLU/DNC with BRD/WHM mule
95 whiteshells
120 byne bills
108 bronzpieces
25 forgotten touch
Total - 348

I honestly feel this isn't that great for a 2-box setup but I dunno what else I can do except level a different job on my mule. I'm also thinking maybe I should stop setting animating wail and just let my bard haste me. Another idea would be doing different camps.

Tonight, like normal, I ran Funguar -> Sheep -> Treants. I haven't tried them but I heard the cactuar are squishy. What about Manticore or Goobue instead of Treants? I've tried Flytraps instead of Funguar but didn't really notice a difference in kill speed.

Another thought I have is about my usage of spells. If CA is on cooldown, maybe I should be utilizing Heavy Strike more even before my targets are proc'd.

Usually my fights go something like this if I don't proc right away:
Box Step -> Violent Flourish -> Delta Thrust -> Sudden Lunge -> Box Step -> then auto attack while rotating step/flourish. I'll throw in one CDC whenever I hit 100 TP. I usually keep it stunned with sudden lunge as long as I have at least 3 seconds to cast it before the next JA.

I'm thinking maybe it would be better to throw in a Heavy Strike instead of immediately using Sudden Lunge. Then use Sudden Lunge after my 2nd Box Step.
Heavy Strikes usually hit around the 1.1k mark from the ones I happened to look at. I usually don't look at damage that much, but it tends to take off anywhere from 8-12% of their health. I've just been timid about using it when I have double marches because I'm not sure if it's better to just keep auto swinging or not.

Thoughts?
 Odin.Alikhat
Server: Odin
By Odin.Alikhat 2012-10-30 04:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and my partner include Manticores if the Treants aren't available since no one seems to do them. There's only 2 issues I've noticed: Deadly Hold managed to 1-shot my partner once (but this is a rare problem), and some (maybe 1/2) of the manticores are floating about in the middle of the orcs. They go down pretty easily, though, and the other TP moves are pretty pathetic.

I've not tried Flytraps, nor Cactuars. Not a fan of their TP moves enough to give them a try. I normally stick to the Funguar > Sheep > Treant/Manticore rotation since they are all close by to each other.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-10-30 06:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Delta Thrust takes 3 blink shadows. Just did it 20 mins ago
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-11-06 13:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

New personal best: BLU/DNC with BRD/WHM mule
95 whiteshells
120 byne bills
108 bronzpieces
25 forgotten touch
Total - 348

This is pretty good. I'm guessing you had 0 competition on this run? Since apparently I have a BST magnet attached to my ***
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-11-06 14:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Delta Thrust takes 3 blink shadows. Just did it 20 mins ago

When farming beastmen for some relic armor, i had delta thrust absorbed with a "1 of the X mob's shadows absorbs the attack." message follow it. Was an orc mage.
 Leviathan.Joyroth
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-11-06 14:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm?
Delta Thrust vs Blink = 1 shadow
Delta Thrust vs Ninjitsu = 3 shadow
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-06 14:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Decent Challenge - hardly ever competition. Usually I'll have a group or a good soloer that is running the same camps with me, but I'm really friendly with people unless they just refuse to be friendly, so we end up splitting the camps up.

Like last night, I ran funguar, sheep, treants. I stayed on the south side of the funguar camp while a thf/dnc did the north side. We never crossed each other or fought for claims although there was once where I killed pretty fast and had to wait a few seconds on a repop. For sheeps, I usually stayed west and he stayed east. For treants I stayed near the hippogryphs and he stayed nearish the north wall. There was one time where he claimed a mob I was running toward (kinda in the middle of us) and immediately sent me a tell that said "Sorry!"

I rarely ever have competition that slows me down doing DC camps, but I think the biggest factor in my coin count is how fast I get TE's. Honestly I think the only way I could break 400 would be to go in at the same time as a couple others and let them get the 10 min TE's for me while I get the 20 min TE for them. That would increase my farm time by a HUGE chunk (walking half way across the valkurm zone sux even with chocobo mazurka).
 Bismarck.Lucried
Server: Bismarck
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2012-11-06 14:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This is pretty good. I'm guessing you had 0 competition on this run? Since apparently I have a BST magnet attached to my ***

i know the feeling heh