First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-27 16:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, there is a limit to what a job can do.

There is the base potential a job has, then there are the variables a job has available to them to increase their potential. There still is only so much a job can do before it is capped out.
[+]
By Gimpness 2012-09-27 16:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mesheef said: »
how can someone, you, tell me what a rdm can and can't do if you don't have the levels, gear or skill for rdm?

It's over folks, we can go home.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-09-27 16:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mesheef most things done ingame nowadays are basically just zergs, RDM doesnt really excel in the above situation, (and frankly it'd be boring as ***doing such a thing on RDM in the first place). Really just left with a fun job to play when passing the time im afraid.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 17:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lastly what i am saying is how can someone, you, tell me what a rdm can and can't do if you don't have the levels, gear or skill for rdm?
wouldn't that make you the "troll"? hmm..
Game mechanics aren't voodoo, and even if your argument about needing the job leveled to understand it held half an ounce of credence I recall mentioning that I have a second account that also has RDM leveled. I didn't bother taking Nightfyre's RDM to 99 because there was no point, it's a useless job right now. If that changes in the future, I could have a second fully functioning RDM (though I'm likely set with just the one) in a matter of days.

My statements are based in reality, yours are not. You are either sadly deluded or trolling.

I don't have anything against the job, which should be evident from the fact that I've kept it mostly up-to-date far longer than I have any good reason to. I'm just not going to pretend that RDM is useful at this point in time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-09-27 21:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I love my rdm...

I've got some of the better gear for it even and I did some pretty amazing things with it back in the day. But I know that it's pure delusion to think rdm is anything more than it is, a substitute for when better jobs aren't around or for fun.

While a large part of me hopes that this may change or rdm might be given something great, I don't foresee it getting any better anytime soon with the upcoming jobs which will very likely compete for the very roles rdm tries to fill.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-09-27 22:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so no new info? This thread was just necro'd for no reason? lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-09-27 22:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

At this rate RDM will be relevant in 2014.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-09-28 12:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Didn't realize it was necro'd but it is relevant to a lot of people.
By Drjones 2012-09-28 12:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's wildly optimistic.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-09-28 12:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Who knows what kind if niche new content could put rdm into. I can see the merit to using rdm in meeble if you don't have a need for embrava. A melee mage that can buff/debuff/cure/nuke with virtually unlimitted mp? Sounds relevant to me. While whm may be a better healer and brd a better buffer, etc, no job can fill all the rolls as seamlessly.
 Phoenix.Esvedium
Server: Phoenix
user: Esvedium
By Phoenix.Esvedium 2012-09-28 14:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like nothing more than for RDM to be useful again, but I just don't see how it could be without some major type of update. I have my RDM leveled, merited and geared very well, but I never do anything with it other than fish and xp trials for Relic gear in dyna in a group.

There isn't anything worth doing in game that I can do on RDM that can't be better done by some other job.
 Ragnarok.Taereon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-09-28 14:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Give RDM A+ in sword, shield mastery, defense bonus, critical defense bonus, and flash... oh wait.
By Enuyasha 2012-09-28 14:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Taereon said: »
Give RDM A+ in sword, shield mastery, defense bonus, critical defense bonus, and flash... oh wait.

dont they have Shield Mastery I/II?

'but yes....PLD is useless also'
 Siren.Beefsupreme
By Siren.Beefsupreme 2012-09-28 15:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a gripe but would love to see Dual Cast/Quad Magic and if not asking to too much at the very least a spell that has been in every final fantasy title for as long as I can rember. REFLECT!
 Sylph.Mesheef
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-09-28 15:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The only downfall i see to rdm getting reflect, before we get it everything we fight will already have it. i know s.e. is concerned about balance but they can make it work like blink, 50% chance to activate and only 2 uses per cast, bring up the recast time a bit and there you have it.
 Siren.Beefsupreme
By Siren.Beefsupreme 2012-09-28 15:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The only downfall i see to rdm getting reflect, before we get it everything we fight will already have it. i know s.e. is concerned about balance but they can make it work like blink, 50% chance to activate and only 2 uses per cast, bring up the recast time a bit and there you have it.

Or a single charge with the ability to enhance it via day/weather/elemental resistances with a 1.5-3 min recast this would open possibility's for rdm and blm to get together on a chainspell reflect LOL well I supose that would only wipe your blm out but s/e could make it work if they wanted to
 Sylph.Mesheef
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-09-28 15:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yes but the problem is they pay people for ideas to make a game vs listening to the public. we play everyday, we have ideas they are paid to balance those ideas. it is the same concept behind "beta testing" allows a company to have people test a game at little to no cost at the other end they hire testers and pay them a sum.

money wise, best to listen to the people that pay for something and keep expenses to a minimum.
By Enuyasha 2012-09-28 15:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Beefsupreme said: »

Or a single charge with the ability to enhance it via day/weather/elemental resistances with a 1.5-3 min recast this would open possibility's for rdm and blm to get together on a chainspell reflect LOL well I supose that would only wipe your blm out but s/e could make it work if they wanted to
"Ability effect enhanced by Enhancing Magic Skill"...like Temper and everything else :<
By Elmariachi 2012-09-28 15:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

R.I.P Red Mage 2003-2010
It was fun while it lasted.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-09-28 16:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Elmariachi said: »
R.I.P Red Mage 2003-2010
It was fun while it lasted.

From the ashes, Rune Knight will rise anew.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-09-30 07:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That's being incredibly kind to SE. I'd peg 2015 as the earliest we can expect something from RDM, and only cause SE would of completely run out of ideas for everything else. Then they'll give it a single spell or ability that is incredibly broken or 100% required for all their content that you must have a RDM or wipe. I'm betting on some sort of resist-death ability to counter all their NM's have chainspell cast AoE death and on-hit death proc. Maybe even a 15 foot death aura effect (have the protect buff or just fall down dead).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-30 08:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is too hard for SE, so I wouldn't even hold out hope:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/27376-Please-fix-Excalibur-enlight?p=365353#post365353
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8