A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Aburaage
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-07-18 14:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Waste of time/money, really good lockstype piece though.
[+]
 Asura.Trickflo
user: Efan
By Asura.Trickflo 2022-07-18 14:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea thats kind of what I figured I got a cats eye from mog bonanza and have done all the good mythics for my jobs already just making sure tups wasnt worth before i do vajra
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-18 15:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Vajra is good! Well it's not godly but it's a cool weapon.
I think there's a couple of situations when you're solo where Vajra can outdamage other Dagger options, which makes it pretty nice in my book.
Definitely way more useful than Tupsimati, at least atm.
[+]
 Asura.Trickflo
user: Efan
By Asura.Trickflo 2022-07-18 16:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea Vajra was my original plan when I picked it up just wanted to make sure I wasnt gonna regret it later because i was missing something on tups
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-07-31 09:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking of updating a bit the sch guide on wiki but I'm not very good at it so I was looking through the previous pages and saw a couple posts from 2021 and earlier, to confirm:

if you got bunzi's rode ranked up (got mine at r15 so not sure if that's enough?) and a shield that is either ammurapi/culminus, and a mpaca's staff even r0 there's no point anymore in akademos right? I see it used on free nuke/kaustra on the wiki but I imagine those might be sets before the above weapon options? I saw some discussion saying akademos was alright for mp I imagine for refresh +1 but mpaca has +2 so seems a bit moot for that?

Also would save me 200 DI points since hanbi never seems to drop that damn staff for me -_-
By Chimerawizard 2022-07-31 11:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

akademos can be skipped.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-07-31 13:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've gone through the entire guide to update to the new template, I also tried to add the "jse prioritization" but as you can clearly see from my past posts, I've never played sch, if anyone thinks the community guide needs more either feel free to edit and fix whatever mistake in the sets, or any addition. If you don't wanna edit post it here and eventually I might find time to put that in the guide.

Wish I had a clue about mages but still learning so can't do it myself :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-08-04 05:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Made a couple of DT sets for curing in Odyssey content since the adds hurt when they hit for some strategies of V20 NMs or some situations in Ody segment farming. Just wondering if anyone has made similar sets or has any suggestions on improvements?

Fast Cast set:
ItemSet 385861

Curing set:
ItemSet 385860

MP cost is usually not a concern, but I haven't done the math on using chat staff would be better than Raetic, just what I've been using and shield is a convenient slot for 10% PDT. Capes are both FC capes and Path A on the Kaykaus gear. With high ML (I'm 36 atm) puts me well over power cap from the cure formula for Cure IV in Light Arts w/o subjob.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-04 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using gearswap, then there's not necessarily any need for DT in your FC set, since it's functionally impossible to get hit while in it (unless you button mash).

But if you're using Hvergelmir anyway, I guess there's not much else you could work into those slots.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-08-04 14:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 385862

This is what I use. With Odyssey mobs having extremely high Attack, I prefer to get in more Defense at the cost of Potency I/II. I'm sure there is plenty of mixing and matching you can do to find what you are most comfortable with.
 Bahamut.Braams
Server: Bahamut
user: Khronos
By Bahamut.Braams 2022-08-04 15:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I legitimately only just finished up a Cure DT set for WHM I was comfortable using maybe a couple months back and have been pondering on how to go about a set I'd be comfortable using on SCH. If Empy is on the table, has anyone considered SU4/5 to fill a chunk of Cure Pot. instead?
 Bismarck.Yvan
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2022-08-04 17:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't looked into switching things over for raetic rod +1 since I just got it (wanted for whm more). I'm really liking Culminus as the shield I have equipped most of the time especially in something like Odyssey.

If you're going the staff route you'll want to use khonsu. I have a tendency to lock my weapon so I don't like to rely on having it for potency or anything like that.

Something like this is probably what I'll end up changing two if I switch over to the club. Agwu are r25. Can easily use daybreak/bunzi or raetic rod here.

ItemSet 385869

Before Club/Shield:
28 Cure Potency,13 Cure Potency II, 39 PDT/MDT, 27 SIRD, -19 Enmity

Can easily make some adjustments here for less Cure Potency II, to get more enmity down etc.
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-08-14 06:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

When using Helix spell to magic burst with Ebullience active, is it better to keep my normal Helix magic burst set (INT and magic burst damage) or switch to Arbatel Bonnet +1?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-08-14 10:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Galakar said: »
When using Helix spell to magic burst with Ebullience active, is it better to keep my normal Helix magic burst set (INT and magic burst damage) or switch to Arbatel Bonnet +1+2?

There you go!
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-14 15:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

empy+1 just isn't worth the swap. +2 gives enough extra aside from ebullience+ to warrant swapping to it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-08-15 03:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you.
 Asura.Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-22 04:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya sorry for the noob question was thinking both for myself but also to update the bgwiki: can anyone list what's the augs combinations on lugh's capes a sch would need optimally? I have some general ideas by what I know but wouldn't want to put stupid info on the wiki guide.

I imagine there's:
FC cape that probably is also reused for something else (idle? myrkr max mp? something else?)
int nuke/debuff cape
mnd debuff cape
some weaponskill capes like shattersoul/omnniscience
occult acumen
idle dt?

Anything else? Don't mind if you guys go overboard with more specialized things, wiki guide could use some slight expanding for sure :P Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-08-22 05:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I use 4 ambuscade capes:
INT/MAB (nuking)
store tp/acc (melee and occult accumen) I suppose you could make 2 to have one with macc instead to be better for occult
MND/ws dmg (omniscience)
INT/ws dmg (cataclysm/earth crusher)
could also make some melee ws ones.

then 2 adoulin capes
Regen potency
Helix Duration (for when easily capping damage)

then 2 unity capes which greatly improved inventory issues with other jobs.
Fi Follet Cape +1 (Fast Cast)
Aurist's Cape +1 (Enfeebles and stuff)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-22 05:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

More than 200 Lugh's Cape with extremely niche use, I would consider the idea of getting 2x Bookworm's Cape.

Getting perfect augments on a single Bookworm's Cape is near to impossible, but getting perfect augs for Regen on one and perf augs for Helix on another, is quite realistic!

Basically you could have a toggle.
Regen: Duration (Lugh), Potency (Bookworm)
Helix: Potency (Lugh), Duration (Bookworm)

I dunno, do whatever you like but if I were you I would at least consider the idea.

Going back to your Lugh question.
You can make a pretty generic cape with
INT+30
Macc/Mdmg+20
Mab+10
PDT-10% (or DT-5%, whatever you prefer)

This is not perfect but it's a one-for-all cape that's pretty much good for everything.

Then you could have another one focusing more on Macc for debuffs, something like:
MND+20
Macc+30/mdmg+20
FC+10 (or Enmity-10)

Keep in mind I'm not sure you need an FC specific cape. We have so many options to cap FC in the other slots nowadays... but if you want, you could make a cape like this. Which you would also be able to re-use for heals (enmity-10, MND+20, not too bad if you cap CurePot in the other slots, but then again the influence of MND on C1-4 spells is quite small)

You could also make an idle specific cape focusing only on defensive stats. VIT, Def/eva, Meva, PDT/DT etc.
Then there's specific sets for Occult Acumen, for WS, for Myrkr.
Again... those are extremely niche situations though. For instance on SCH you have the awesome Sublimation and you're not a BLM who casts death and goes out of mana often and needs Myrkr to replenish their MP while locking their MH.
Unless you specifically want to Myrkr or to use a WS for specific fights (and hence locking your MH) on SCH I'd say you can freely swap your weapons ignoring TP, looking for the best idle/precast/midcast options you have available.

I think unless you're someone who considers SCH as his main job, someone who is absolutely in love with the job and wants every single possible niche set, then these options ofter very minimal differences which I'd dare to say might not be exactely optimal for the average SCH player, and more of a waste of inventory space if you ask me.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-22 10:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I also have 3 ambu capes, 2 reive capes, & 2 unity capes for SCH.
sTP/WS/Nuke. INT on the WS cape as I only care about EarthCrusher & Cataclysm's damage.

honestly the 2 reive capes could be 1, just dropping the helix duration cape.
The 3 ambu capes could just be the nuke cape.
wouldn't give up either unity cape though.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-22 10:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
honestly the 2 reive capes could be 1, just dropping the helix duration cape.
Realistically he could drop both and just use Lugh for duration lol

I'm a very relaxed average SCH but I have a trigger for my Regen sets. One shoots in Duration, one shoots in Potency.
In general I'd say the capped Regen Potency Reive cape is quite useful if you ask me.

The Helix Duration one... uhm. Well it's useful if you wanna solo easy stuff with helix. On that type of target you're likely gonna hit the 10k Helix damage cap even without a sexy Ambu cape, which is exactely why in those situations the Helix duration one can be useful.
But ultimately yeah, I don't really see it as something that you're gonna use often.

As for the other capes I'm lazy. I never felt the need to get WS capes because if I want to AoE stuff I have other jobs that are way more proficient than SCH at that so I didn't bother. But for someone who absolutely want to do that on SCH then yeah, by all means those are gonna be quite useful capes.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2022-08-23 01:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so which one would be better for a Macc/Enfeebling set with this new set. Both seem very enticing but the loss of Immunobreak seems rough so I'm unsure which could be better in some situations. Seems like loss of 30~ or so Macc for the immunobreak + so maybe worth for lower tier content?

Excuse formatting, I'm rusty with this.

ItemSet 386300

Or

ItemSet 386301
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-08-23 07:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I see it, any content you are doing that immunobreak doesn't matter, the loss of 30 MACC also probably doesn't matter either.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-23 07:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There are mobs that are completely immune to certain enfeebles until you immunobreak them one or more times, even if they are low level content and have weak MEVA, so it's not just high tier vs low tier content. On Maju, for example, you'll never land blind without immunobreaks (or stymie if you're a red mage) even if you had 10,000 magic accuracy, and the immunobreak +1 on the pants makes immunobreaks shift resistance by 2 tiers instead of 1, which is significant.

However, immunobreaks don't work on all enfeebles, nor stuff like Impact. It's situational.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-08-24 12:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably going to be lazy and just use Emp+2 on everything except Silence, since I feel Silence is the enfeeble I find myself trying to urgently break through Immunobreaks most often.
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-24 13:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
As for the other capes I'm lazy. I never felt the need to get WS capes because if I want to AoE stuff I have other jobs that are way more proficient than SCH at that so I didn't bother. But for someone who absolutely want to do that on SCH then yeah, by all means those are gonna be quite useful capes.
whoa now, more proficient than SCH!? Have you seen our arbatel loafers +2?
Nuke in occult acumen once, WS Earth Crusher, Cataclysm, or Aeolian Edge depending on what they're weak to. repeat. 20% dmg boost on the feet slot is gonna be sick.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-08-24 13:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't suppose anyone has a complete list of which debuffs immunobreak and which don't?

Also yes with empy +2 feet sch elemental ws's are gross.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-24 13:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
whoa now, more proficient than SCH!?
Aye, BLU.
I get way more defense and DT than SCH can ever reach, I don't have to bother about mana, I can get 2000 mobs on me, sleep them, terror them, stonega them, with spells that take an instant to shoot, will never be interrupted and most of the time oneshot anything I'm farming.
Last but not least 18% movement speed.
So yeah, in my book that's way more proficient.

Didn't mean to sound offensive towards SCH main players though, I apologize if I gave that feeling °-°
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-24 13:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

nope, that feeling was never felt.
I mostly wanted to just hype that our feet are OP again.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 99 100 101