A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Sagaxi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2021-12-05 08:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I started using sch to prebuff when entering segments run. Im curious what kind of duration you guys get on regen 5. I know I can get around 12 mins with perpetuance, but I've never tried with naturalist's roll. What kind of duration should I get with it if maxed on gear and with perpetuance? (with SU5 not augmented).
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-12-05 08:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

crooked (roll+8) naturalist 11 you can get 20min, which is 2/3 of the run
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-12-05 15:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
I started using sch to prebuff when entering segments run. Im curious what kind of duration you guys get on regen 5. I know I can get around 12 mins with perpetuance, but I've never tried with naturalist's roll. What kind of duration should I get with it if maxed on gear and with perpetuance? (with SU5 not augmented).

Su5 unaugmented is still 20% duration. augmenting only adds potency.

with a crooked nat roll +8 rolls you can get just about 22mins

my duration set:

i'm sure i could add in some conserve mp gear in there but mp has never been an issue.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-12-06 11:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy hands too
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-12-06 12:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Empy hands too

yes, i forget that if my perpetuance is up that it will auto swap that in.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-12-06 14:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, was just checking and had me 2nd guessing myself about Telchine +10 being better for some reason lol thanks! :)
By Gambits 2021-12-07 00:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. How's SCH with Curaga III now? did it dethrone WHM yet? or maybe level 61 sub will do...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-07 01:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
I started using sch to prebuff when entering segments run.

I was unaware of this being a thing. Was just updating some stuff on my alt's SCH and grabbed a Musa yesterday, so was very happy to learn I can get a good long Regen V on for Odyssey farms!

What else carries into Sheol ABC? I know Adloquium does not from the 1 run I did today. Anything else potentially useful besides Regen (storms, Animus Augeo/Mineo, Embrava, etc)?

Gambits said: »
So.. How's SCH with Curaga III now? did it dethrone WHM yet? or maybe level 61 sub will do...

Curaga III is absolutely a fantastic addition, but WHM will always have its perks. Afflatus Solace cureskin, better barspells, better Cursna, Boost- line of spells, Arise, able to use Yagrush (without burning strats for similar application), Auspice (which will remain better for WHM even after /55WHM gets it due to large boost from WHM empy feet)...

There's no "dethroning" there, IMO. But SCH did get better at main heals and is clearly a viable alternative. Especially where you can't use WHM, like Gaol after WHM has been used. Regen healing is also obviously very strong if you have people splitting up or not necessarily needing as much babysitting.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-07 03:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Especially where you can't use WHM, like Gaol after WHM has been used.
Wut?
You don't get subjobs in Gaol.
Master level changes nothing for that, which is pretty ironic if you think about it.

Well "nothing" is a lie. I mean nothing as far as uncapped subjob is concerned. You do benefit from higher skill, higher HP, higher MP, higher stats in general.
Those make a small difference I suppose, it's gonna become a more noticeable difference for mages once Master level cap gets higher. For now it's... a small addition but I doubt it changes much for Gaol when you play a mage job.

Regen5 with Naturalist's Roll before entering can allow you to get 20+ mins of Regen5 which is quite awesome, as long as nobody dies lol xD It's the same old story, the bane of BRDs who struggle to keep 5 songs up. So frustrating sigh
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-12-07 04:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What else carries into Sheol ABC? I know Adloquium does not from the 1 run I did today. Anything else potentially useful besides Regen (storms, Animus Augeo/Mineo, Embrava, etc)?
I put on Prot/Shell, Barspells, Aquaveil, Stoneskin, Regen V, Haste, and Reraise before entering.
 Fenrir.Svens
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2021-12-07 05:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Any buffs that appear before the food buff icon will persist upon zooning while any appearing after the food buff will be lost. Along with sch buffs, tossing diffusion verve and occultation is nice. Refresh for melees for Schere Earring/Raetic weapons if you care. If you want to super tryhard, can try to convince your static to meet in a [S] city to have a smn give ice spikes/quickening/warcry/attribute up.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-07 07:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Those make a small difference I suppose, it's gonna become a more noticeable difference for mages once Master level cap gets higher. For now it's... a small addition but I doubt it changes much for Gaol when you play a mage job.
It's actually pretty significant for Ongo as it is. He's got over 400 INT, so 20 free INT is a notable increase on damage, especially since you use Stone spells on him (which have the lowest base spell power and highest dINT factor), and you get 30-35 MACC (from skill and INT), which helps at lot to land nukes, Impact, Vidohunir, and Burn.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-07 09:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Notable how much exactely? How big of a difference are we talking about here?
Altough in general I would be leaning to agree with you that Ongo is probably the one where mage jobs get the most noticeable difference among the T3s.

But still, I'm a bit skeptic in "just" 20 INT making such a drastic change.
Very welcome one, not an irrelevant one either (you also get more elemental skill, which furtherly contributes to Macc), but at the same time I can't imagine it making a huge difference, eh?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-07 10:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on your gear, buffs, debuffs, and what Stone spell you're using, but 20 INT would increase damage by somewhere around 10% on Ongo in a reasonable situation. Stone spells have higher dINT factors and lower base power than players are used to, so INT matters more on Ongo than other mobs.

That's not even counting the MACC letting you land those needed debuffs better and avoiding 1/2 resists.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-12-07 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
It's actually pretty significant for Ongo as it is. He's got over 400 INT, so 20 free INT is a notable increase on damage, especially since you use Stone spells on him (which have the lowest base spell power and highest dINT factor), and you get 30-35 MACC (from skill and INT), which helps at lot to land nukes, Impact, Vidohunir, and Burn.

SCH doesn't get any magic skill at the moment from master levels assuming you are casting in the correct arts.

bug reports have been accepted on the matter but still waiting on a fix.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-07 15:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

SCH doesn't get any magic skill at the moment from master levels assuming you are casting in the correct arts.

bug reports have been accepted on the matter but still waiting on a fix.
I was talking mages in general, not just SCH.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-07 15:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially where you can't use WHM, like Gaol after WHM has been used.
Wut?
You don't get subjobs in Gaol.
Master level changes nothing for that, which is pretty ironic if you think about it.

Heh, well... yeah good point! But still, point remains that SCH can absolutely play the healer role well for stuff like Gaol (regardless of subjob). But you highlight that not getting any subjob JAs/spells in Gaol, one of the current primary endgame activities, is another good reason that WHM certainly hasn't been "dethroned" by SCH due to Master Levels.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-07 17:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

But still, point remains that SCH can absolutely play the healer role well for stuff like Gaol
"For Gaol" is a pretty wide array of very different things.
In General sure, but most stuff in there is so easy anyway.
If you're talking about T3s instead weeeeell, depends on the fight. Not really viable unless you're fighting something with a setup where people will be out of range most of the time and for that reason you don't need to spam AoE etc etc.

But I guess this goes for every content.
Stuff with small AoE damage or rare? You can handle it with occasional cures, Regen5 or Accession C4.
Stuff with only a few people (ideally one lol) in range and the rest take little to no damage? It's all good.

Situations where you really need AoE -na, AoE cures and/or where Cureskin makes a difference? (it's a lot of stuff, to be fair) then nope, you're gonna struggle.
But for some of these situations SCH/WHM with Curaga3 will close the gap, I think.
By Chimerawizard 2021-12-07 22:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

INT/MND+20 is a nice little boost.
I did make a bug report and it was accepted regarding SCH magic skills under the effect of Light/Dark Arts, so crossing my fingers that gets fixed in the Dec. update.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ipooy
Server: Ragnarok
user: Endtanis
By Ragnarok.Ipooy 2021-12-13 12:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the process of making a 4 Step SC for Ongo and I've got it down, but it JUST fits in the SC windows. I'm closing with a Noctohelix, but I'm curious about my Helix precast.

My current Helix precast is:
ItemSet 382855

Fast Cast from Gear: 35%
Fast Cast from Grimoire: 25%
Fast Cast from subjob /RDM: 15%

Total Fast Cast: 75%

I'm wondering if I should just use my standard precast set (which hits the 80% without issue), or if mixing in the Grimoire set is worth it; I've always thought we wanted to avoid Quickcast in our Precast sets.

What do you folks use for your Helix precast?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-13 12:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Grimoire cast is multiplicative with Fast Cast is it not? It's not additive afaik.
By Chimerawizard 2021-12-13 12:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

believe grimoire is multiplicative, yes.
Also in Odyssey Gaol your subjob is floor'd to 0, so /RDM0 has FC+0.

Personally i stopped using QC entirely because I keep having ever worse packet loss and worry that I may cast in it because of that, also quick cast would alter timing for skillchains.
Code
sets.precast.FC = {ammo="Psilomene",
head="Pinga Crown +1",neck="Orunmila's Torque",ear1="Loquac. Earring",ear2="Etiolation Earring",
body="Pinga Tunic +1",hands="Acad. Bracers +3",ring1="Mephitas's Ring +1",ring2="Kishar Ring",
back="Fi Follet Cape +1",waist="Shinjutsu-no-Obi +1",legs="Pinga Pants +1",feet="Peda. Loafers +3"}

FC+82, ya overcap. It's a needlessly expensive set that ensures my MP doesn't drop in my precast set and my HP shouldn't move either.
[+]
 Bahamut.Arioch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Arioch 2021-12-18 11:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I did make a bug report and it was accepted regarding SCH magic skills under the effect of Light/Dark Arts, so crossing my fingers that gets fixed in the Dec. update.

Do SCH skills increase correctly now after master levels?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-12-18 13:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Arioch said: »
Chimerawizard said: »

Do SCH skills increase correctly now after master levels?

Yes, SE recently fixed it in a update
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-12-31 22:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

are there up to date gearsets somewhere? thanks
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2022-02-03 17:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
are there up to date gearsets somewhere? thanks

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Scholar_Guide

I think thats the most up-to-date that I found.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2022-03-22 08:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, was wondering with i do SC, i dont see the animation and nothing show on the log about the SC, but i can land burst...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-03-22 09:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jinbe said: »
Hello, was wondering with i do SC, i dont see the animation and nothing show on the log about the SC, but i can land burst...

You probably blink (change equip that force you to disappear). That will cancel SC animation and damage in chat log, but it still happens.

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
sounds like you're just blinking out the animation, try with lockstyle on

Wont help if he changes type of weapon tho (staff to club/s for example)
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2022-03-22 12:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i changed to staff for idle to stop blinking and now its working fine, but was really weird since even my pt cannot see the SC animation. thanks for replay
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 99 100 101