A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Oronyx
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2018-01-23 08:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the general consensus of using Ebullience to NOT use it with the arbatel head +1 since you may lose a lot of the much needed mab, macc and mburst (if you rely on using the head to reach mburst cap)?

EDIT: This is only for magic bursts with high tier nukes / helixes
By geigei 2018-01-23 09:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

MB gear is higly overrated, depending on how much mab you give up (and macc in some cases) you can end up with lower dmg. You can check it yourself using magic dmg formula on bg.

I follow a simple rule, 5 burst = 10mab, more or less, depending on what you fight and what buffs you have.

To answer your question, i dont think there's any piece in game atm coming close to arbatel unless you have macc issues.
By eliroo 2018-01-23 09:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if highly overrated is the correct term. All of the gear you want for MB damage comes with a slew of Macc and MAB. Especially as a SCH when you are mostly Magic bursting for your damage MB gear is pretty important.
 Asura.Oronyx
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2018-01-23 09:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
MB gear is higly overrated, depending on how much mab you give up (and macc in some cases) you can end up with lower dmg. You can check it yourself using magic dmg formula on bg.

I follow a simple rule, 5 burst = 10mab, more or less, depending on what you fight and what buffs you have.

To answer your question, i dont think there's any piece in game atm coming close to arbatel unless you have macc issues.

I actually tested it on Apex Crabs with malaise, and it seemed like my merlinic hood was beating arbatel hat +1 BUT I was also losing 10% mb dmg, so it put me at 30% mb dmg with the arbatel bonnet +1. So if I had 40% without the merlinic hood it probably would have beaten it out quite easily.
By geigei 2018-01-23 09:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Math just now for thunder v, dint not capped, malaise+acumen, 200int / 100mdb target.

Arbatel+1 68651
Merlinic 69016

Dis assuming losing 10% MB and 30 mab from merlinic.

If you cap MB w/o using head thou arbatel come in front by 3k dmg, evens out if you have godly DM merlinic.
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-01-23 10:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

December 2017
Can confirm 6mb = 20mab?

Are you stating that going 1 over 5(6) boosts the MAB need to double the amount? Wouldn't 5MB=10MAB mean 10MB=20MAB? Not trolling or anything genuinely trying to figure this out myself so I can figure out what AF3,Relic3 I really need to invest in if at all on SCH and BLM since new sets, Ea gear, Merlinic all can vary.

Thanks.
By geigei 2018-01-23 10:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It varies depending on spell, buffs, target. I just go with 5=10 for convenience, i refuse to math ever possible scenario.

In the example above, 5burst = 15 mab.
By tyalangan 2018-01-23 10:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just referring to you saying last month 6=20 and now 5=10. Wanted to know what you found different in the last month to change the numbers
By geigei 2018-01-23 10:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking for confirmation but nobody bored enough to crank numbers.
By Jimmyballsack 2018-02-10 03:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

2 quick questions:

1. What does the Light Arts+ on the AF1 Academic's Pants do? And, does it effect Regen in any way?

2. With Sublimation+ gear, does it just add x amount on a piece to the cumulative total? Does it need to remain equipped or only upon activation?

Thanks
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2018-02-10 08:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »
2 quick questions:

1. What does the Light Arts+ on the AF1 Academic's Pants do? And, does it effect Regen in any way?

2. With Sublimation+ gear, does it just add x amount on a piece to the cumulative total? Does it need to remain equipped or only upon activation?

Thanks

#1: the Light Arts effect from AF1 pants only adds more skill to enhancing/enfeebling/divine/healing magic but doesn't affect regen

#2: Sublimation+ gear changes when you equip/unequip while Sublimation is charging, though having more gear would speed up the charge faster.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-02-10 14:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

2 quick questions:

Thanks

Sublimation+ gear adds to the total MP/tic, as well as the HP drain that you get. It does not add to the total MP pool that you can build up.
[+]
By Nocki 2018-02-10 14:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There's never a perfect ratio where MB = MAB, if you are going to measure which one is more effective you have to weigh it against the rest of the gear that you're wearing/traits that the job has. If you have 50 burst and 200 mab, adding 10 burst is a larger % increase to your total damage. If you have 50 burst and 100 mab adding 20 mab would be equivalent to adding 10 burst. For reference, a well geared SCH with max job points and decent merlinic should easily have 300+ mab.
By Jimmyballsack 2018-02-11 05:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
2 quick questions:

Thanks

#1: the Light Arts effect from AF1 pants only adds more skill to enhancing/enfeebling/divine/healing magic but doesn't affect regen

#2: Sublimation+ gear changes when you equip/unequip while Sublimation is charging, though having more gear would speed up the charge faster.
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
2 quick questions:

Thanks

Sublimation+ gear adds to the total MP/tic, as well as the HP drain that you get. It does not add to the total MP pool that you can build up.

Thanks guys
 Asura.Haymitch
By Asura.Haymitch 2018-02-15 16:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone knows another way to get DT gears for SCholar? I was thinking to have merlic pieces for DT aguments.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-02-15 16:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mallquis body and merlinic w/ DT augs probably your best bet. Think Gendewitha also has some PDT/MDT possibilities
 Asura.Haymitch
By Asura.Haymitch 2018-02-15 16:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, i did not realize Mallquis body is better than Merlic Jaubbah. I think i will get rest of Merlic pieces for DT augments. thank you!
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-02-18 10:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing some high-level testing and Raetic Staff +1 is beating Akademos on helix everytime

MB
Non-MB
Weather/Klimaform/Boots

etc

If you swap weapons on SCH, seems like it has some value. Esp on mobs where getting to 10k is a challenge
[+]
By ocean 2018-02-18 14:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Been doing some high-level testing and Raetic Staff +1 is beating Akademos on helix everytime

MB
Non-MB
Weather/Klimaform/Boots

etc

If you swap weapons on SCH, seems like it has some value. Esp on mobs where getting to 10k is a challenge

Mind sharing the test of your setup senor?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-02-18 15:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ocean said: »

MB
Non-MB
Weather/Klimaform/Boots

etc

ok so heres what I was using
tested on some 133 pugils
ItemSet 341515
total burst 36% -Head burst 11% mab 36 macc 11

ItemSet 356832
Total burst - 35% -same head, but merlinic legs with +5 int,+24mab+34macc

running with weather/klimaform/+boots
Indi-focus to prevent resists
no debuffs/buff
Akademos - 9549
Raetic +1 - 9727
malaise
Akademos - 13577
Raetic+1 - 13802

Goal being sticking the largest healix on high-level mobs,

EDIT: Face value it hardly seems the 100M investment on the +1 staff just to get 2-3% from a helix, almost wondering if a well augment merlinic jubbah (high mab/burst) wouldnt really make a big difference. When you lose the 10% burst from staff and your stuck with the feet slot. It really reduces your options
By ocean 2018-02-18 18:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

MB
Non-MB
Weather/Klimaform/Boots

etc

ItemSet 341515

ItemSet 356832

no debuffs/buff
Akademos - 9549
Raetic +1 - 9727
malaise
Akademos - 13577
Raetic+1 - 13802

EDIT: Face value it hardly seems the 100M investment on the +1 staff just to get 2-3% from a helix, almost wondering if a well augment merlinic jubbah (high mab/burst) wouldnt really make a big difference. When you lose the 10% burst from staff and your stuck with the feet slot. It really reduces your options

People pay more for less. I think Raetic also beats out Tups for bis macc as well
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-02-18 19:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

MB
Non-MB
Weather/Klimaform/Boots

etc

ItemSet 341515

ItemSet 356832

no debuffs/buff
Akademos - 9549
Raetic +1 - 9727
malaise
Akademos - 13577
Raetic+1 - 13802

People pay more for less. I think Raetic also beats out Tups for bis macc as well
Gonna work on some merlinic augs see, what I can coem up with. Barko. Earring was > Static Earring as far as getting burst close to 40% I tried that
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-02-22 07:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a Regen Potency/Duration set they can post? Mainly will use for short fights.
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-02-22 10:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
Anyone have a Regen Potency/Duration set they can post? Mainly will use for short fights.
main="Bolelabunga",
sub="Ammurapi Shield",
head="Arbatel Bonnet +1",
body={ name="Telchine Chas.", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
hands={ name="Telchine Gloves", augments={'"Fast Cast"+5','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
legs={ name="Telchine Braconi", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
feet={ name="Telchine Pigaches", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9',}},
back={ name="Bookworm's Cape", augments={'INT+5','MND+4','"Regen" potency+10',}},}

and Obviously Arb Bracers is Using Perp

I get 89 per tick and almost 11 mins with Perp 5 Mins without with this set Light Arts of course
By monkey33333333 2018-02-22 22:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

so what would be a good MB set for Helixs that use the +3 Relic head?
 Stu
By Stu 2018-02-24 17:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've stolen a SCH lua from somebody else and changed the gearsets to my own.

However, when casting storms & Klimaform on myself it doesn't add in my Obi.

This is what is currently under "Job specific hooks for standard casting events" :
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then        
		apply_grimoire_bonuses(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
		if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' or spell.english:startswith('Drain') or spell.english:startswith('Aspir') or
			 spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' or spell.english=='Kaustra' or spell.english == 'Stun'  then
			if info.helix:contains(spell.english) then
					if buffactive['Klimaform'] and spell.element==world.weather_element then
						equip({feet="Arbatel loafers"})	
					end
				return
			end
			if spell.element == world.weather_element then
				equip({waist="Hachirin-No-Obi"})
				if buffactive['Klimaform'] and spell.element==world.weather_element then
					equip({feet="Arbatel loafers"})

end
				if world.weather_element == 'Light' then
					equip(sets.midcast.WspnRing)
					--add_to_chat("Did something")
				elseif world.weather_element == 'Dark' then
					equip({head = "Pixie Hairpin +1"})
				end
			end	

end

if state.Seidr == 'All' then
			equip({body="Seidr Cotehardie"})
		end

if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
			if state.Seidr == 'Normal' and state.BurstMode=='Off' then
					equip({body="Seidr Cotehardie"})					
			end

end

end
end

Is there anything obvious I'm missing?
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-02-24 18:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

for my SCH lua, in the same function it's just
Code
if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element then
    equip ({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
end
[+]
 Stu
By Stu 2018-02-24 19:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks thats working now!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-02-27 00:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about Impact. I'm looking to make a set which boosts magic accuracy as much as possible (lots of INT as well) so I get the least amount of duration resists. Is Archon the best option in the ring slot?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-02-27 03:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Question about Impact. I'm looking to make a set which boosts magic accuracy as much as possible (lots of INT as well) so I get the least amount of duration resists. Is Archon the best option in the ring slot?

For damage, yes. For Magic Acc, no. Stikini Ring/+1 should be the best for pure magic accuracy, since it boosts both M.Acc and Magic Skills
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 99 100 101