VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-08-01 01:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »
Cerberus.Wulfgarson said: »
i thought this was the very last ever bonanza/lottery due to international gambling laws/restrictions? maybe im wrong but i couldve swore reading/hearing this somewhere0

Wait.. what?

This is a joke right?

Siren.Kalilla said: »
06-11-2012 10:04 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

As many of you seem to be curious about the status of the Nomad Mog Bonanza, I’d like to take a moment to explain the current situation.

The North America and European Community Teams have been working diligently preparing for the Nomad Mog Bonanza, but unfortunately due to changing times and differing global laws, we will not be able to hold a Mog Bonanza for NA and EU regions moving forward.

While Japan will hold the Nomad Mog Bonanza at VanaFest 2012, it will mark the final Mog Bonanza of Vana’diel. Furthermore, to make sure that our players in North America and Europe aren't left out, we will be holding a separate event where players will be able to win similar prizes (all the goodies from tier 1, tier 2, and tier3…plus a bunch of other rare in-game items), so rest assured we will be giving you a good opportunity to make all your Vana’diel dreams come true!

Also, even though the Mog Bonanza will be gone, we will be offering a different event for our end of the year celebration for a chance to win the items of your dreams!

We will be announcing the NA/EU event very shortly, so hang tight and look forward to it!
Subscribe

While the exact reasoning isn't specified, the general idea is that some countries may prohibit participating in luck based games where prizes are awarded. And by the last paragraph, I assume that we will have another prize hand out at the end of the year.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2012-08-01 01:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh, keep checking my dbox, keep finding disappointment.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-08-01 01:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Some one just needs to conquer earth and make the rules of the internet the same for everyone... we all get fking marbles.
By Zackan 2012-08-01 01:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
Got jack nothing. Thanks SE... My hopes of coming back to FFXI are broken >.>

lol
By Zackan 2012-08-01 01:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
i thought this was the very last ever bonanza/lottery due to international gambling laws/restrictions? maybe im wrong but i couldve swore reading/hearing this somewhere0

Wait.. what?

This is a joke right?

[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

As many of you seem to be curious about the status of the Nomad Mog Bonanza, I’d like to take a moment to explain the current situation.

The North America and European Community Teams have been working diligently preparing for the Nomad Mog Bonanza, but unfortunately due to changing times and differing global laws, we will not be able to hold a Mog Bonanza for NA and EU regions moving forward.

While Japan will hold the Nomad Mog Bonanza at VanaFest 2012, it will mark the final Mog Bonanza of Vana’diel. Furthermore, to make sure that our players in North America and Europe aren't left out, we will be holding a separate event where players will be able to win similar prizes (all the goodies from tier 1, tier 2, and tier3…plus a bunch of other rare in-game items), so rest assured we will be giving you a good opportunity to make all your Vana’diel dreams come true!

Also, even though the Mog Bonanza will be gone, we will be offering a different event for our end of the year celebration for a chance to win the items of your dreams!

We will be announcing the NA/EU event very shortly, so hang tight and look forward to it!
Subscribe

While the exact reasoning isn't specified, the general idea is that some countries may prohibit participating in luck based games where prizes are awarded. And by the last paragraph, I assume that we will have another prize hand out at the end of the year.

HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... Even if some stupid ***like that passes.... why should it effect luck based games where you buy the tickets with in game money.... and are rewarded with in game items that are non transferrable to real money(not counting peeps selling accounts)

Sigh.. why do we have to be so stupid..(we being the U.S. and Europe(European Union?) sigh.. i am so out of touch with reality... I can't wait to get back from my deployment to Afghanistan and then out of the army.. maybe some of my brain cells will regenerate after I ETS lmao!
By sprinkles84 2012-08-01 02:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the online gambling row that's been increasing for ages.

Regardless of the "dynamics" its still gambling and stupid laws say "you cant gamble". thats the horrible political correctness of life!

hell, websites are supposed to show you that they use cookies. Just so you know!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2012-08-01 02:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

so i just found out about this most recent event (just got back from a few weeks on the road). is it too late to take participation in the event to win an awesome new scyth/outfit? (and off chance of cool prize)
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-01 02:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Danz they already handed out prizes...Sorry mate.
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2012-08-01 02:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Danz they already handed out prizes...Sorry mate.

balls... missing this and no mog bonanza... looks like i get no chances of game of luck... >.>

oh well. my luck is horrible anyway.
 Carbuncle.Rubican
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rubican 2012-08-01 02:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Be thankful Danz, Almost everyone was disappointed.
By esojazrag12 2012-08-01 02:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Rank 3
/fail
By sprinkles84 2012-08-01 04:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rubican said: »
Be thankful Danz, Almost everyone was disappointed.
Almost everyone...

90% of peopel in this thread got "something" :(

Although to be honest.. Id rather win nothing than waste it on an item like Kuro-smash-me did
[+]
 Ragnarok.Dankiller
Server: Ragnarok
user: DANIEL10
By Ragnarok.Dankiller 2012-08-01 06:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Wait.. what?

This is a joke right?

[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

Subscribe

SE teams poorly!
 Cerberus.Byakuyakuchiki
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Byakuyakuchiki 2012-08-01 12:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

2 orbs, 2 suits a scythe and a sword between 2 toons.

Any rewards from the BC with the orb?
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-08-01 12:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pimpin Ainteazy said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Rank 3
/fail

Thinking about how people arrive at these types of decisions.. It confounds me, to say the least.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-01 12:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering who it is, I'm not surprised in the slightest
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-08-01 12:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not familiar, but I can imagine.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2012-08-01 16:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I could post of game balance for player equality being disrupted by an all-jobs scythe being handed out to some plyaers giving them an edge over the players that do not have the scythe by enabling access to more red triggers for a single job for those players that have the scythe?

Solution: give everyone the scythe!

Who knows, the new producer may fix this issue.
[+]
 Fenrir.Frobos
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-08-01 22:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I have your scythe Moldy-poo?
 Asura.Caillou
Server: Asura
user: Caillou
By Asura.Caillou 2012-08-01 23:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

At first, I'd get excited every time this thread was bumped. I'd click on it and scroll through the messages anticipating the prize distribution in hopes that I can check my delivery box and something will be waiting for me.

Now, every time this thread is bumped and I see it, I want to punch my computer. Right in the sack if it had a pair.

In case you're wondering, the only thing that I ended up getting in my delivery box was my unsold pair of Austere Sabots.

H8 THIS GAME
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-08-02 00:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I really wished I had won rank 3... I picked Anhur Robe.. but this will be my 6th month after that NM and now I'm 0/395.. 0/400 here I come..

Swear this game doesn't want me with that robe..x.X

People pick stupid stuff when they're desperate for one particular item.. in my case the only one I've wanted JUST TO SMITE SE AND SHOW THEM THAT I COULD GET IT... stupid.

Edit: Btw you know you're knee-deep when you shout and half the people join in hopes of seeing you get that robe and the other half hoping to Cell it and give it to you.. then 10 people sending you a tell after said runs asking if you got it yet.. welcome to Valefor life. :)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2012-08-02 11:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just reactivated content ID. Any chance I get some of these awesome *** items:(?
 Cerberus.Elistriell
By Cerberus.Elistriell 2012-08-02 11:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Machiaveli said: »
I just reactivated content ID. Any chance I get some of these awesome *** items:(?

No. You had to have entered the draw at the beginning of the month, and your account had to be active when they delivered prizes
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-08-02 11:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Elistriell said: »
Pandemonium.Machiaveli said: »

No. You had to have entered the draw at the beginning of the month, and your account had to be active when they delivered prizes

You had to enter the draw, but I reactivated the day after the prizes were sent out and I got a Moogle suit.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2012-08-02 11:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'll get that freaky suit at least haha! Wow they had some really nice prizes...
 Phoenix.Forgivness
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Forgivness 2012-08-02 12:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

see i entered my main & my cure account & i havent got a thing but cure account got sword & suit where my junk lol
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2012-08-02 12:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Forgivness said: »
see i entered my main & my cure account & i havent got a thing but cure account got sword & suit where my junk lol

Will find out in 2 hours I guess:p. Updating takes ages.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2012-08-02 14:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Got some crappy chocolates:(!
 Cerberus.Auspice
user: Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2012-08-03 01:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy balls I got nomad moogle rod, moogle suit/head, 60 riftdross, ark scythe, and the orb thingy.

I wanna dual wield moogle rod and nomad moogle rod and go kupo ***now. :D
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-08-03 02:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish they'd do this sort of thing more often. It might alleviate a lot of discontent if they held a similar contest quarterly or so. That way when people inevitably lose they can say, 'well maybe in a couple months I'll win' and maybe they will. Really, most of the really good prizes (not the relic/ mythic/ empy weapons though) can technically be won in a [good] day with luck. Just as long as they're not dumping gil into the already overinflated economy I think it would be a good thing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56