First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 156 157 158
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-06-12 11:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's inefficient. Cor can handle dding just fine, stop encouraging bads.

I didn't say a single word about COR can't DD.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-12 11:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Then let a monk or ranger main heal. Same gear anyway and it frees a spot for another dd!
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-12 11:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever tried to main heal as a COR? I haven't but there was a pretty bad time in sky where I healed a zipacna on rng/whm while we held it for 15 min. Admittedly I only had a vermy and it was 75 cap at the time but even at /49 you are kind of limited in what you get and how fast you can cast it. Note you only get half of max fastcast. Your mp pool is smaller and if your party isn't shadow tanking you'll be low on mp very quickly even with a 7 a tick refresh. Come to think of it you'd probably want to come cor/rdm not cor/whm just for the extra refresh and the ability to convert.

If you're arguing that in a bad party a cor could /whm and assist a main healer then I could see that (perhaps you want to help your friends and they all suck or something). Main healing a party as cor/mage though? You'd be better off finding a different group.
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-12 11:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As a COR and a WHM here's whats wrong with COR/WHM main healing anything.

No Native Healing skill
Extremely few refresh options
No refresh from outside (forces you to be doing Evoker's to maintain MP)
Inefficient abilitity to aoe any kind of healing
No Pro5/Shell5/Regen4/5
No Cureskin, Aquaveil, Boost-Stat, or Barspells(if they apply)

It goes on and on.

Cor as Support/DPS:
competent DD when geared and played well.
provides various support option to increase DPS, reducing the amount of healing needed.
Leaves a spot open for a WHM/SCH who can do all the above things.

Cor is a support job, that can dps (and quiet well).

If your that hard up for a healer, use a trust.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-06-12 12:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Then let a monk or ranger main heal. Same gear anyway and it frees a spot for another dd!

Whynot every melee just /whm then, so no problems there :O
[+]
 Odin.Nogara
Server: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-12 15:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If I got told to go as main healer it'd be /disband lol

If I got asked to go /whm in a low man support role job where the extra 'na's would be helpful, I could deal with that, but that's as far as it would get lol
[+]
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-12 18:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nogara said: »

If I got asked to go /whm in a low man support role job where the extra 'na's would be helpful, I could deal with that, but that's as far as it would get lol

Back at 75 cap pre_WoTG I did this alot in major events an it was really useful. Nothing wrong with going full support when it's needed.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-06-19 12:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done any testing on Rapid Shot cap? Is it worth stacking?
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 13:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Has anyone done any testing on Rapid Shot cap? Is it worth stacking?

Snapshot > Rapid Shot; not sure how worthwhile rapid shot is, as even with Gearswap is it guaranteed you'll be out of your preshot and into your midshot gear by the time you fire w/ rapid shot proc'ing?
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 13:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rodolfo said: »
Odin.Nogara said: »

Back at 75 cap pre_WoTG I did this alot in major events an it was really useful. Nothing wrong with going full support when it's needed.

Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-19 13:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Does a cor have enough snapshot gear to cap without courser's roll? If you're in a party with others they're unlikely to want coursers (not even rng will want it since they can cap snapshot without it) and seeing as no one has figured out the values for courser's roll it would be hard to know what it's contributing to snapshot cap. A rapid shot build won't proc all of the time, and when it does proc the amount of delay it reduces varies by chance, not how much you're wearing (similar to conserve MP). I could see the argument for putting in rapid shot pieces in your precast if you're hitting snapshot cap, but I'm not sure you can do that on cor. As far as gearswap goes, I'm pretty sure it will put you in your midshot gear correctly. I know it works for quick magic procs and those would be about the same speed as a good rapid shot proc.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 13:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
I know it works for quick magic procs and those would be about the same speed as a good rapid shot proc.

Ah, good.

Actually wasn't sure about QM procs either. Clears that up, at least.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-06-19 13:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done cor/dnc co-support healer for cp pt once and wasent too bad, but subbing a Mage to perform that task is not an efficient way to accomplish it subbing dnc with your choice of fighters Sam or tact rolls on will likely help your group more than trying to main heal /whm rdm or sch.
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-19 17:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does a cor have enough snapshot gear to cap without courser's roll? If you're in a party with others they're unlikely to want coursers (not even rng will want it since they can cap snapshot without it) and seeing as no one has figured out the values for courser's roll it would be hard to know what it's contributing to snapshot cap. A rapid shot build won't proc all of the time, and when it does proc the amount of delay it reduces varies by chance, not how much you're wearing (similar to conserve MP). I could see the argument for putting in rapid shot pieces in your precast if you're hitting snapshot cap, but I'm not sure you can do that on cor. As far as gearswap goes, I'm pretty sure it will put you in your midshot gear correctly. I know it works for quick magic procs and those would be about the same speed as a good rapid shot proc.

IF the cap was 70%, then yes Cor could cap it, it would just require the use of Acinaces(which isn't worth it) and Haverton Ring(which most people wouldn't choose), but I believe the cap is 80% anyways(some recent testing on BG), which Cor couldn't hit in just gear alone.

Just doing a quick look I wasn't able to find what Flurry II adds, if it's the same as Haste II, then Cor doesn't have a problem capping 80% with just Flurry II, but it all depends on the potency of Flurry II.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-19 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But what slots do you have left over for rapid shot gear once you cap snapshot? With max snapshot gear (excluding dagger), I'm getting a value of 49.5%. That requires legs, hands, ring, back, belt, feet, body, and head. It leaves rapid shot for 1 ring, 2 earrings, and the neck. As far as I know there are no rapid shot pieces for those slots.

If the 70% cap was real and flurry 2 was 30% you would be looking at 9.5% over snapshot cap that you could play with. I guess you could use 119 emp head and af body for 30 rapid shot if you sacrificed .5% of the snapshot cap. If the cap is 80% then I don't think that's viable.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-06-19 19:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also 5% snapshot from Gifts.

E: Pursuer's Cuffs at rank 15 with 10 AGI would beat out most augmented Taeon hands, would it not? Taeon only has 3 AGI, while Pursuer's would have 27, plus the 20 MAB it comes with.
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-19 20:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

But what slots do you have left over for rapid shot gear once you cap snapshot? With max snapshot gear (excluding dagger), I'm getting a value of 49.5%. That requires legs, hands, ring, back, belt, feet, body, and head. It leaves rapid shot for 1 ring, 2 earrings, and the neck. As far as I know there are no rapid shot pieces for those slots.

If the 70% cap was real and flurry 2 was 30% you would be looking at 9.5% over snapshot cap that you could play with. I guess you could use 119 emp head and af body for 30 rapid shot if you sacrificed .5% of the snapshot cap. If the cap is 80% then I don't think that's viable.

How are you getting 49.5%? 10% each from just augmented Taeon Head/Legs/Hands/Feet/Body = 50%, 6.5% from cape, 3% from waist, then you could include dagger/ring if you wanted to, though like I say, I highly doubt anyone would use those
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-19 21:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also 5% snapshot from Gifts.

E: Pursuer's Cuffs at rank 15 with 10 AGI would beat out most augmented Taeon hands, would it not? Taeon only has 3 AGI, while Pursuer's would have 27, plus the 20 MAB it comes with.

Not sure without doing the math, but it comes down to this.

24 Agi vs 7MAB, 7 MACC and 3% WSD

I think it'd be pretty close, but hard to say without actually doing the math on it
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-19 21:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On the ranger forum the current belief is that the number is the value in percent. So 5 no longer is 10%, it's 5%.
edit: Oh I see, you can get snapshot on dusk stones too.
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2015-06-20 17:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Was aiming for STR/AGI, I don't think the weapon damage doesn't do anything for Leaden/Wildfire.
Anyone test this? Wsd% increase for leaden and wildfire? Want to know before I waste stones.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-06-20 18:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD % works only on 1st hit of a ws, thus Leaden/wildfire benefit from it being 1-hit only :P
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-20 18:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kakashiiix said: »
Was aiming for STR/AGI, I don't think the weapon damage doesn't do anything for Leaden/Wildfire.
Anyone test this? Wsd% increase for leaden and wildfire? Want to know before I waste stones.
There was never a doubt about the fact that wsdmg works. Only about ws acc.
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-20 20:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kakashiiix said: »

The quote in question is referring to Weapon Damage vs STR/AGI on dusk augment, not WSD
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2015-06-21 14:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

(perfectly augmented dooms day) > Death Penalty?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-06-21 14:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK and RNG is completely useless /mage, COR/mage can still provide rolls, which makes it not completely useless.

Thus MNK and RNG is a worse job to /WHM.

Asura.Rodolfo said: »
As a COR and a WHM here's whats wrong with COR/WHM main healing anything.

No Native Healing skill
Extremely few refresh options
No refresh from outside (forces you to be doing Evoker's to maintain MP)
Inefficient abilitity to aoe any kind of healing
No Pro5/Shell5/Regen4/5
No Cureskin, Aquaveil, Boost-Stat, or Barspells(if they apply)

Your point is completely irrelevant to my point though. I wasn't comparing WHM to COR and tell everyone that COR is as good as WHM. I also wasn't telling everyone that COR main healing is more effective than DDing(I didn't say a thing about DD at all). I only said it's not a bad sub if you can main heal because it frees up a pt spot.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-21 14:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

But it doesn't free up a party spot. The COR will take that party spot, that much is a given. Would you rather the COR focuses on providing rolls to the party and also contributing excellent damage, or have the COR provide rolls to the party and be a very inefficient healer? You can't say that having a COR heal will open up the spot for another DD when a COR is a DD and you are losing a DD by making it heal. Forcing it to relinquish all damage capability just to bring in another job that has damage capability makes zero sense. Why not allow the COR to serve the role of a competent support DPS and then use another spot to bring in a job that excels at healing, rather than have the COR fill some very lackluster healing role just to bring in another DD and lose the DD you already have?

That's the entire argument. By forcing a DD to heal, you're losing a DD, then trying to replace that DD with another DD. Instead, you can just let a COR be a DD so you don't need the extra spot for another DD and can instead bring a healing job.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-06-21 14:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever tried to main heal as a COR?

To ans this question seriously, for serious endgame event, no. For lowman easier stuff, yes. I did that because I was too lazy to change job and we still needed a healer, I could handle it with /WHM anyways. Otherwise BLU is a much better choice for lowman healing situation.

That being said, if you need CP roll and able to handle the healing with /WHM, I really don't see why not. It's not the end of the world to adapt to the situation for once in your life time. DDing is fun, but IMO it's more fun to change role on same job once a while. The cure potency gear and MP gears seems to get better these days, while the MP you need for each cure doesn't increase. It should be easier to heal now, not harder.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-21 14:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

"Why not" for the same reason why you don't change any of the other jobs to /whm just cause you can.

Pls stahp.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-06-21 14:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
But it doesn't free up a party spot. The COR will take that party spot, that much is a given.

I haven't play FFXI for a while, so I'm not 100% sure about the DD hierarchy in CP pt now. But assuming it's still the same as 6 months ago when my account was active, SAM was still stronger than COR(in general....obviously in some situations leaden salute could parse higher just because it's magical)

Assuming we're not fighting enemies weak against magic nor have strong magic buff, so SAM parse higher

If we rate the dmg output of each DD, and give SAM a score of 10,and give COR a score of 9.

A pt with SAM x5 COR/WHM= 50 damage score total

A pt with SAM x4, DD COR x1 and 1x WHM= 49 score total.

Thus a pt with COR/WHM main healing the pt parse higher.

Unless you're in a situation that COR's output is equal or greater to SAM, I only see COR main healing(if they can) produces higher party output.
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 156 157 158